Twenty Mile House

Blairsden-Graeagle, CA · View map · Visit website

About Twenty Mile House

Twenty Mile House is a stunning and secluded private eco-estate located in Graeagle, California. With exclusive use of the spectacular eco-estate couples and their guests can make memories to last a lifetime against the backdrop of beautiful mountain skies, magnificent gardens and enchanting creeks. The 1854 Twenty Mile House has a rich history being a former stage coach stop, and is situated along the beautiful middle fork of the Feather River.

Facilities and Capacity
With exclusive use of a stunning 200 acres of lush forest, gardens and creeks as their setting, couples can accommodate up to 225 guests on the estate. Twenty Mile House specializes in all-inclusive eco-friendly weddings.

Twenty Mile House is a full-service wedding venue specializing in all-inclusive wedding packages. They only have one event per day and their services include:

• Bridal suite
  • Tables and chairs
  • Dinnerware, flatware and glassware
  • Choice of linens/overlays/runners
  • Expert day of wedding coordination
  • Full setup, service and clean up
  • Gourmet organic catering
  • Professionally designed flowers
  • Organic wedding cake or desserts
  • DJ including lighting/sound
  • Ceremony arch
  • Full bar set up and professional bartender (you supply the drinks)
  • Accommodation on site

Cuisine
This venue provides caterers who specialize in organic, local gourmet cuisine. Couples can choose from hors d'oeuvres, buffet, plated, family style or stations for their meal. Twenty Mile House respects guests dietary wishes and can accommodate vegan, gluten free, lactose free and kosher requests.

History
Twenty Mile House was built in 1894 and was originally a stop for teamsters on the Reno-Quincy run as well as a trading post for gold miners. It received its name from being 20 miles west of Beckworth and 20 miles east of Quincy. In 1991 it became the wedding venue it is today.

Location
Located in the picturesque Sierra Nevada Mountains in Graeagle, California, Twenty Mile House is just over an hour from Reno and Lake Tahoe. It’s along the middle fork of the Feather River.

79 Reviews for Twenty Mile House

79 Twenty Mile House Reviews

K
Featured
Kelsey

Married on 06/25/2018

What a magical wedding experience my husband and I had at Twenty Mile House. From the beginning of our experience, all parties were prompt with responses and there to answer any questions we had no ... Read more matter how big or how small. As a bride, I had very little stress and so much confidence in the staff at TMH, Rachel the wedding coordinator, and associated vendors to make the day happen. I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day. All the staff and vendors were absolutely amazing. Staying onsite was an incredible experience and allowed us to achieve the intimate feeling we wanted for our wedding. The DJ, Todd, went above and beyond to accommodate our requests. All our guests raved about the food from Southern Accents as well as the gorgeous scenery and friendly staff. I honestly can't list all of the little incredible details that made TMH the perfect place to have our wedding. We want to relive our wedding day again and again.

L
Linsey

Married on 06/01/2019

Couldn't be happier!!

We took a chance and booked our June 1st wedding without being able to tour the venue first. When we were able to come for a visit, we were not disappointed. It's an absolutely gorgeous venue in a ... Read more beautiful town. Rachel Mann, the wedding coordinator and your main point of contact is AMAZING!! She made the process so easy and was very responsive to all of the thousand questions that I had. Overall, the planning process was not very stressful, or at least as stressful as I was expecting after talking to friends who had already gotten married. They make it easy with several affordable decor packages to chose from. The wedding itself was more incredible than I could have even imagined. Our guests were blown away by the natural beauty and the way that the whole day seamlessly flowed together. I can't say enough about all the vendors that are included in the wedding package. The flowers were perfect, the DJ Todd was great. We went with Souther Accents for the catering and they made sure there was plenty of food for everyone. They also did late night pizza and Adrienne was kind enough to bring me a piece on the dance floor! Grandma's Bakery made a delicious cake and dessert bar. Additionally, our family and friends had a blast traveling to this beautiful part of the country (we're from Texas) and everyone got to enjoy the outdoors and did some hikes. One thing to keep in mind, there are few hotels in the area and most book up with weddings. We were able to reserve all of Sierra Sky Lodge and several vacation homes through Plumas Pines Vacation Homes and got shuttles to bring people to the wedding. I highly recommend having guests book housing early for the popular summer months. As for the housing on site, it was quaint, comfortable and just perfect for what we needed. Overall, it was seriously the best day ever, you can't go wrong choosing Twenty Mile House! Wish we could do it again!

Renee
Renee

Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing time at Twenty Mile House

We could not have asked for a better wedding experience than we had with Twenty Mile House. We had several guests say it was the best wedding they’d ever attended. The venue itself is incredibly ... Read more beautiful and peaceful, and everyone we worked with was great. We were living in Europe during much of the planning process, but everything went extremely smoothly with the help of TMH’s wedding coordinator, Rachel Mann. Rachel was very responsive, down to earth, and incredibly competent. Every time we spoke to her, any stress I was feeling about the wedding pretty much disappeared. I also really appreciated how Rachel was willing to give her well-informed opinion when we asked for it while still always respecting our preferences. The all-inclusive package structure made planning a million times easier and all the vendors were very helpful and responsive. Neither my partner nor I had a lot of strong opinions about many of the wedding-planning details, but everyone associated with Twenty Mile House was able to work really well with whatever level of input we gave them. Sonia from Gray’s Flower Garden provided some of the most beautiful flowers I’ve seen, just by going off of a handful of pictures I sent her on Pinterest. The catering from Pangea was absolutely delicious, especially the appetizers. The salted caramel cake from The Cake Studio was also perfect. DJ Todd and guitarist Andrew Ohren also did an amazing job. Everything ran extremely smoothly on the day of the wedding and the staff handled for the unpredictable weather without a hitch. We had an amazing time at our wedding and would 100% recommend Twenty Mile House.