Two River Events, LLC

Gloucester, VA · View map

About Two River Events, LLC

Two River Events, LLC is a wedding and event planning company based out of Newport News, Virginia that services, all of Virginia and surrounding areas. Offering a range of planning packages from day of coordination to full-service event planning from start to finish!

Every detail of your event will be meticulously managed by the exceptional planning capabilities of Two River Events. We pride ourselves on never doing the same event twice and spend the time to get to know you, and your objectives so we can create a customized event just for you and your guests.

Most importantly, we will handle the big picture and the smallest details so that you are free to enjoy every moment of your wedding or event with your guests.

Proudly showcased on:

Teri
Teri Cheslak

Married on 08/24/2019

Professionalism at its finest

Husband : “ We don’t need a wedding planner. I have organized Navy Change of Commands for over 1000 people. ” Wise Attorney Son who had done his wedding recently : “ Yes, Dad. You are a great organizer ... Read more organizer and you already have a lot written down on charts. But, Dad - Wedding planners handle it all. You can’t walk your daughter down the aisle and be other places at the same time. And you want to relax and enjoy your day and your friends.” Friend: Hire Keri Scruggs Of Two River Events. She’s the BEST! Mom of Bride ( me) Four days before wedding: “But the photographer schedule doesn’t exactly match the schedules for hair, makeup, DJ..., And my daughter is nervous.., And will the napkins blow away if they are put out early??? “ Fret fret fret...., Keri Scruggs- “ DON’T WORRY. I’VE GOT THIS!” And she did! From coordinating all the vendors and developing a timeline, Keri Scruggs Of Two River Events handled everything with organizational aplomb and CALM! She was familiar with our venue. She even checked tides and winds so our beach arbor and chairs were properly placed. On our first meeting in a coffee shop, she smiled and said, “ What do you want from me?” I asked; she delivered! And she had ideas!!! We had a fabulous moon and stars photo back drop; she had a perfect idea about where to put it. Ditto for the gift table, guest book, bar, cake table, sparkler sendoff. When one of our ideas was not the best, she said ok, but gently offered an alternative. She was there for the rehearsal the night before. She worked seamlessly with the officiant and everyone was laughing and comfortable and knew how to stand and what to do! The day of the wedding I felt like we were communicating on Secret Security watches, IPhone style! As I was in Makeup with the wedding party, she was sending me pictures of the table set up and asking me about a slight switch in the dance floor placement. “ No worries about the weather.” Kari texts. It’s beautiful up here. I am checking forecast. It’s going to be Plan A! “ And then, by phone, “ Are you ready to bring bride to this location? I am here with the groom and the photographer. We’re ready for the First Look!” As we prepared to walk in, she got everybody in line, and gave the most calming pep talk. She even offered to use a steamer on the bride’s dress if we needed it. She sent the wedding party out right on cue. She was there in the background throughout the wedding, like a well dressed guest. The only picture I could find of her was one of her making sure the couple had the special cake servers and Waterford flutes we gave them for the cake cutting and toasts. ( Then she ducked out of the way for the photographer! 😉) Only an observant person would notice she was the maestro, carefully orchestrating each event, working closely with the caterer and DJ. Softly whispering to me that I needed to get back downstairs and eat my dinner with my husband, signaling the start of each dance, cake cutting and special event. There she is- quietly removing numbers from tables after each table had been served, taking away signs and prompting end of evening activities. My normally shy daughter gave her a big hug at the end of the evening and thanked her for her great work. We didn’t worry about cleanup. She and the caterer packed everything up. Kari Scruggs, our Day Of planner from Two River Events was our best spent money of the whole wedding. Worth every penny! Hire her. As she would say, “ She’s got this!” Five ⭐️stars !

K
Kristen

Married on 06/15/2019

Simply amazing!

Two River Events helped to make our wedding day everything we wanted (and more!). Kari and Jessica were a dream to work with. From the initial planning, down to the day-of details, Kari and Jessica ... Read more were on top of everything. I used Two River Events for day of coordination but we were in touch often about the planning process leading up to the wedding, including two walk throughs at the venue. My questions were answered along the way up until the big day. I felt extremely at ease on my wedding day and leading up to it, knowing we were in good hands. I would recommend Two River Events to anyone looking to make sure their day runs smoothly and is just as perfect as it should be. Thank you Kari and Jessica!

D
Diane

Married on 06/15/2019

Kari Was Our MVP!!!

I don’t think I could possibly recommend Kari highly enough. Our wedding would NEVER have run so smoothly without her, and she helped us in ways that we never would have even guessed we needed. From ... Read more making emergency Starbucks runs, to sneaking me fruit from cocktail hour to get my blood sugar up, to corralling our crazy wedding party into executing a successful rehearsal, Kari is the definition of “pro.” Plus, you can tell how much she loves her job-- she was always positive and always responsive. I kid you not, hiring Kari was probably the BEST decision we made during our wedding planning process.