Type A Catering

Nicholasville, KY · View map · Visit website

About Type A Catering

Type A Catering is a boutique catering company based in Nicholasville and serving Lexington and Central Kentucky. Since 2003, they have been offering full-service event and wedding catering. Along with food and beverage services, they offer rental coordination, event design, and timeline creation.

Type A Catering offers custom menu creation for their clients and is able to accommodate many dietary restrictions. In addition to food, they are licensed and insured to offer full bar service.

Cuisine
Type A Catering specializes in classic wedding and elevated Southern cuisines. They love to explore new farm-to-table options, as well as work to source locally whenever possible. And they are able to accommodate a variety of serving styles including buffet, family-style, stations, and plated service.

Areas Covered
Type A Catering works at many of the areas most popular event venues in Lexington, Georgetown, Frankfort, and Berea. Some of their favorite venues include Buffalo Trace Distillery, Evans Orchard Event Barn, Limestone Hall, The Livery, Mustard Seed Hill, The Polo Barn at Saxony, and The Signature Club of Landsdowne.

48 Reviews for Type A Catering

48 Type A Catering Reviews

S
Featured
Samantha

Married on 12/15/2018

Quality, efficiency and professional

I honestly can not write enough good things about Type A! Diane was an absolute dream to work with! She kept everything moving smoothly and was always around to answer questions. I told her I wanted ... Read more the food to be efficient because I have been to weddings where it takes to long to get food out. She came up with a plan and timeline to make sure everyone was eating in about 20 mins. She is very honest and keeps things very simple. She also will give you great advice and help make your decisions. Her food is also delicious! We enjoyed our wedding so much and she was a big part of it!

Ruth
Ruth D.L.

Married on 10/14/2018

Exactly Who and What We Needed for a Magical Day

My husband and I planned our wedding from out-of-state. If that wasn't enough, we did a Ragnar Relay (200 mile race with a team of 12) for the two days before the wedding. We had a LOT of planning and ... Read more coordination to do and Diane helped us through so much of it. Type A is a preferred vendor for our venue at Buffalo Trace and after contacting Diane, we could see why. She walked us through details that we hadn't considered and got enough information to run with our vision and fill in the gaps as they arose. She gave us feedback where we needed it and double checked on other vendors. She builds up a trust relationship and you can rely on her to make sure your catering needs and day-of coordination is on point. Also, Type A's food is fantastic! Diane worked with us to design a buffet meal (salmon, chicken, autumn vegetables, asparagus, and a gluten-free+vegetarian plate for one friend) exactly inline with what we wanted and numerous guests told us that it wasn't just wedding-food good, but it was good restaurant good. My husband and I agree and wish we could have more of Type A's catering! Basically, go with Type A if you have the option to do so.

Paola
Paola

Married on 09/29/2018

You'd be crazy to book anyone else!

I come from a family that loves to create and eat delicious food, so choosing a caterer for our wedding day was probably one of the most important decisions we had to make. I sat and researched and ... Read more read countless reviews, but what first caught my attention was Diane's creative name. From there, I sought her out at a bridal event, and the second thing that caught my attention was her beautiful display. The deal sealer, was of course her delicious food. Diane was SO kind, and we quickly learned that her wedding knowledge spanned much further than just food, but also to design, set-up, and so much more. Diane is very easy to work with, we had many ideas, and she was great at helping us figure out our best options, all while staying within budget. She was helpful with every step that we took, and was accommodating to all of our needs. The food on our wedding day was SPECTACULAR, so much so, that even now our friends and family reminisce on it. Diane is truly an expert in her field, and I couldn't imagine our wedding day without her! You'd be crazy to book anyone else!