Type A Catering

Nicholasville, KY · View map · Visit website

About Type A Catering

Type A Catering is a boutique catering company based in Nicholasville and serving Lexington and Central Kentucky. Since 2003, they have been offering full-service event and wedding catering. Along with food and beverage services, they offer rental coordination, event design, and timeline creation.

Type A Catering offers custom menu creation for their clients and is able to accommodate many dietary restrictions. In addition to food, they are licensed and insured to offer full bar service.

Cuisine
Type A Catering specializes in classic wedding and elevated Southern cuisines. They love to explore new farm-to-table options, as well as work to source locally whenever possible. And they are able to accommodate a variety of serving styles including buffet, family-style, stations, and plated service.

Areas Covered
Type A Catering works at many of the areas most popular event venues in Lexington, Georgetown, Frankfort, and Berea. Some of their favorite venues include Buffalo Trace Distillery, Evans Orchard Event Barn, Limestone Hall, The Livery, Mustard Seed Hill, The Polo Barn at Saxony, and The Signature Club of Landsdowne.

50 Reviews for Type A Catering

50 Type A Catering Reviews

L
Featured
Lydia Wade

Married on 05/25/2019

FAR exceded our expectations!

Hiring Diane to cater our wedding was one of the BEST decisions we made. She was worth every single penny and offered much more than we paid for, in my opinion. During the planning process, Diane ... Read more helped us make a room diagram, helped us order rentals and attended a walk through with my venue. She was always super quick to respond and super knowledgeable about pretty much every aspect of planning a wedding, even things that had nothing to do with catering. Diane also helped us pick the perfect menu taking into consideration what would work best at our venue, what would be in season at the time and classic Kentucky options we could showcase to our many out of town guests. She even prepared a few very last minute special meals for some guests with dietary restrictions. The night of, the food was INCREDIBLE. Diane greeted my husband and I with a tray of appetizers and drinks. The appetizers were very filling and SO tasty. And our dinner was even better! People often worry about having dry chicken at a wedding, but Diane ensured that our chicken was cooked to perfection. We received so many compliments on the food and we had many people tell us they ate more at our wedding than others just because it was not typical "wedding food". That's a total win in my book! We also hired Diane to take care of our bar needs for the evening. She was able to accommodate our special requests and her staff served every one very quickly. There was never a line! Her staff was amazing as well. Super professional, helpful and proactive. Diane continued to help serve me, my husband and our parents all night. We felt so spoiled and well taken care of! It's truly a testament to not only how good of a caterer Diane is, but how good of a person she is. She will take the best care of you on your wedding day!!!

B
Bailey Witt

Married on 06/22/2019

Type A Catering is the best in town!

I highly recommend Type A Catering. Diane is so great to work with and went above and beyond to help make our wedding day perfect. Our guests raved about how much they enjoyed the food. Type A is the ... Read more best in town!

S
Samantha

Married on 12/15/2018

Quality, efficiency and professional

I honestly can not write enough good things about Type A! Diane was an absolute dream to work with! She kept everything moving smoothly and was always around to answer questions. I told her I wanted ... Read more the food to be efficient because I have been to weddings where it takes to long to get food out. She came up with a plan and timeline to make sure everyone was eating in about 20 mins. She is very honest and keeps things very simple. She also will give you great advice and help make your decisions. Her food is also delicious! We enjoyed our wedding so much and she was a big part of it!