Tyrone Farm

Pomfret, CT · View map · Visit website

About Tyrone Farm

Tyrone Farm is a wedding venue and country estate situated on 170 acres of farmland in Pomfret, Connecticut. The fourth-generation farm offers exquisite views, gardens, manicured lawns and rolling hills that paint the perfect setting for your wedding day. Located halfway between Hartford and Providence, the venue offers a convenient destination for you and your guests. Tyrone Farm hosts one event per day, providing you and your guests an intimate, private event with exclusive use of the venue. The farm proudly boasts the title of Northeastern Connecticut’s Solar-Powered Event Venue, and was placed under conservation easement in 2012. Tyrone Farm is not only an elegant venue, but one that is committed to preserving the farm and environment.

Facilities and Capacity
Tyrone Farm can accommodate up to 135 wedding guests. Wedding receptions can be held indoors in the historic Chestnut Barn, or outdoors on the tented Bluestone Terrace. The two beautiful granite pergolas are perfect for outdoor wedding ceremonies, while the barn offers an indoor space for ceremonies.

Tyrone Farm offers the following wedding services to meet your needs on your wedding day:

• Bridal suite

L
Featured
Lyndsey

Married on 09/02/2018

Tyrone Farm was such an amazing place to get married for so many reasons! The farm itself is so beautiful and picturesque with so many different places to take photos and for guests to congregate but ... Read more what really makes this place so special are the people who run it. Bill and Diane are such great hosts and Christina (the wedding coordinator) is AMAZING! So many of the venues we visited only offered 'cookie cutter' packages but at Tyrone we were truly encouraged to design our dream wedding. Christina went above and beyond to make sure that everything was exactly how we envisioned it and was always readily available to answer questions in the months leading up to our wedding. I cannot say enough good things about Tyrone and would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a beautiful outdoor venue!

A
Aimee

Married on 10/06/2018

My husband and I were married at Tyone Farm on 10/6/18 and had the most perfect day! Christina is truly a pleasure to work with and ensured every detail is perfect. Her professionalism, experience, ... Read more and friendliness made the planning process easy and stress free. We chose this venue because of the natural beauty, family history it offers, and unique offering. The McLaren family graciously welcomed us to their property and everything is in immaculate condition. My guests could not stop raving about their experience at Tyrone Farm. I highly recommend this gorgeous venue and the fabulous team there. Thank you Christina!!!

H
Hannah

Married on 09/22/2018

I can’t say enough wonderful things about Tyrone Farm! My husband Brandon and I got married here on September 22nd and it was everything we had dreamed of plus more! Tyrone Farm was the first venue ... Read more that we looked at after getting engaged, and as soon as we stepped foot on the beautiful property we knew it was the one. Everything about it is beautiful - the quaint barn, the old farm house, the spacious green lawns and gardens... I could go on and on! Tyrone Farm is also very close to where we both grew up and met (about 15 minutes) however being that it’s such a hidden gem we never knew it existed until we started looking. That’s something else I really liked, having that nice homey feel but at the same time feeling like you’re somewhere completely different that’s there just for you! In addition to the beauty that is Tyrone Farm, it wouldn’t be close to what it is if not for the amazing staff! Bill the owner is obviously very proud of the property itself and the history that’s built in every wall. He’s also very pleasant and welcoming, you feel like you’re talking with a friend!! Then there’s Christina, one of the sweetest people you’ll ever meet! She was so helpful when it came to pretty much everything! Every time I had a question or needed advice she was just a quick text or email away. Christina is extremely knowledgeable and really doubles as a wedding planner for the Farm. She really helped us portray the image and feelings that we wanted for our special day and was there every step of the way both leading up to and throughout the day of! Brandon and I are so happy that we had the opportunity to get married here and would recommend Tyrone Farm to anyone and everyone!!!!