Ueda Photography

Madison, WI · View map

About Ueda Photography

My experience with photography starts with a six-year-old boy holding up lights for his dad at a party. When we arrive home, my dad gives me his state-of-the-art Hasselblad camera's detachable back and teaches me to rewind the film. For me it was all fun, but what I didn't realize is that with my father's instructions, he was preparing me for my own future profession.

I went to photography school at Focus in Sao Paulo, Brazil at the age of 16. And now, thousands of weddings, events, studio shots, aerial photos, and family photos later, this is still what I do and what I love.

Ueda (pronounced "WAY-da") is the name my father chose to be his when he started his business as a Japanese man in Brazil over 50 years ago, and I am carrying it on now as a Brazilian man in the United States.

My style is a mix of photojournalism and illustrative. I enjoy the art of photography which lies in capturing the perfect moment when something beautiful is expressed: an emotion, a relationship, an idea.

I'm an active member of the Professional Photographers of America and the Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA). I'm the only photographer from Madison that is a member of the WPJA.

Take a look at my Facebook page as I frequently post my most recent photos there!

Romulo Ueda

34 Reviews for Ueda Photography

34 Ueda Photography Reviews

Mary
Mary H

Married on 07/13/2019

Artistic photos, amazing photographer!

We worked with Romulo Ueda for both our engagement and wedding photos. He's an amazing photographer! Our officiant had worked with him before and told everyone to "do exactly what Romulo says because ... Read more he is an artist," and she was correct! His photographic style is photojournalism, meaning you'll get incredible photos that candidly capture the spirit of your event. His photos are dynamic and interesting in a way that I haven't really seen before, which is what really interested us in working with Romulo for our wedding day. Our engagement photos turned out extremely well, and we were comfortable knowing he'd take excellent photos during our wedding day. We've received many compliments from family and friends on the photos. I'd definitely work with Romulo again for any of my photographer needs in Madison! Also, Romulo is extremely quick to respond to email and other forms of communication, which is a huge plus when working with any wedding vendor.

Angela
Angela

Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Romulo was amazing! I can't say enough good things about him. He caught so many special moments, was extremely professional, and the final results were even better than I could have ever hoped for! ... Read more for!!!

Ian
Ian Pozdol

Married on 09/08/2018

Reliving the Moment: Madison's Best Wedding Photographer Beyond Doubt

Romulo Ueda is an absolute pleasure to work with. He is relaxed, friendly, and a perfect professional. We hired him to photograph our wedding and he went above and beyond to capture each special ... Read more moment in our day. His work is done in the photojournalism style, so every time I look back at the photographs from the day, it’s like I’m experiencing the moment as it happened all over again. We were blessed to work with such a creative individual. Thank you, Romulo!