Unveiling Designs by Heather

Northern and Southern California, Nationwide, CA

“And in her smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars.” – Across the Universe, by Beth Revis

I have the best job in the world—helping to bring a bride’s smile to life on one of her most love-filled days. My brides inspire me, and they influence my craft each and every day. While I do gain insights and influence from many mediums—websites, blogs, artists and seasonal fashion to name a few—I can always look back to my bride and know exactly where to begin. Being involved in a woman’s life in one of the biggest ways possible is an honor I do not take lightly—it’s surreal to know I am a part of someone’s dream.

From a very young age I grew up in a creative environment, taken with the artists and musicians within my family as well as admiring those I danced with on-stage during my 13 years in the ballet. I can remember battling my mother about whether my dance makeup was “stage” appropriate—which proved an invaluable lesson on self-expression that would stick with me to this day.

While this may have initiated my interest in makeup and individuality, it was my work in the film industry 12 years ago that really pushed my interest into a passion. From there, I reached out to photographers across the country, volunteering for jobs and working to uncover my artistic style. My shift into weddings occurred almost 5 years ago—a path I hope that continues for many years more.

Today, I approach my work with open eyes and open ears. Listening to a bride and her needs is incredibly important. It is never my wedding—it is always yours—and I am dedicated to understanding my bride’s visions and opinions. Makeup is a powerful expression and, when done properly, has no boundaries. I’ve been blessed to work with an incredible array of women, from the terminally ill to wine country’s elite, each of whom are unique in their own beautiful way.

When I am not at work with my brides, you can find me spending too much time on Etsy and Pinterest, playing with my Chihuahua “daughters” Dita (Von Teese) and Ella (Fitzgerald), or spending time hiking and relaxing with my wife and eternal love, Jen. Playing the piano, cherishing my air guitar, antiquing, crafting, gardening, and flea market perusing continue to also be passions.

Art and beauty go hand-in-hand—I supply the art, you supply the beauty—and together, your magical day will blossom.

I thank you for letting me into your world.

xo.
Heather

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Jessa
Heather was amazing to work with! She was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the wedding day as well as leading up to it. I absolutely loved Heather's calm and respectful nature as well as her beautiful work. I absolutely LOVED the makeup job that Heather did! The whole time that I spent with Heather, during the trial and my wedding day, I felt as if I was spending time with a friend! I felt that comfortable with her. I would highly recommend Heather to someone who is looking for a makeup artist!
Carol
Heather and Katie came to my house with all their equipment on time and ready to go. Everyone loved the hair and makeup. We all got complaints galore all night long!!! Everyone said I have never looked better, my lashes are still on and my hair which does not hold a style was still curled the next day!!! Hire these two, you will never regret it!
Stefanie
Heather was an absolute blast to work with! She was prompt and ready to go despite the insanely early hour we started at. Heather listened to what we wanted and definitely delivered and exceeded expectations!
Blowout Pricing