Upstairs at Midtown

Charleston, South Carolina · View map

About Upstairs at Midtown

Located in the heart of Downtown Charleston, Upstairs at Midtown is a unique private event venue perfect for wedding ceremonies and receptions, rehearsal dinners, welcome parties, corporate functions, company meetings, engagement parties, birthday celebrations, and all of life’s other exciting moments!

The circa-1760 building was beautifully restored + features polished heart pine floors, exposed brick walls, original fireplaces, tall mahogany coffered ceilings, authentic crystal chandeliers + a private rooftop patio.

Offering both indoor + outdoor space, the versatile floor plan is perfect for standing cocktail style receptions for up to 150 guests, seated dinners for up to 72 guests between two spaces, and special ceremonies for up to 60 guests outdoors or up to 40 guests indoors.

Years of experience in high-end food + beverage service, combined with intimate attention to detail in every aspect of planning, design, and event production provides our clients with a truly seamless “full-service” experience, second to none!

Please visit our website, www.UpstairsAtMidtown.com, for more information.

12 Reviews for Upstairs at Midtown

12 Upstairs at Midtown Reviews

J
Jessica Kleinsmith

Married on 04/27/2019

Best Venue & Team!

We loved having our wedding at Upstairs at Midtown! The space was beautiful and perfect for our small, intimate wedding. Kathleen was very responsive to emails and did an incredible job with ... Read more everything leading up to the wedding day. On the wedding day, she went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we wanted and needed. She was refilling our drinks before they were even close to being empty and helping us stay on schedule the entire day! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

M
Matthew Todd

Married on 02/17/2019

Beautiful setting with amazing staff

The venue is beautiful and the staff is extremely professional. They made the stress leading up to event fade away as they were on top of EVERYTHING! Highly recommended. Read more The venue is beautiful and the staff is extremely professional. They made the stress leading up to event fade away as they were on top of EVERYTHING! Highly recommended.

M
Kailee

Married on 05/26/2018

Kathleen and her crew are TOP NOTCH. I truly believe they could all work at the finest establishments anywhere in the world. Kathleen was such a joy to work with, a very sweet person. I was a rather ... Read more needy client, living in FL, so I emailed her A LOT. She never made me feel like I was asking too many questions. She was so timely with her emails. Sometimes she even emailed me after work hours, I don’t know how she does it. They were extremely flexible day of when I wanted to re-arrange a few things, I just texted Kathleen the updates. Also, we owe a HUGE shout out to Ali, the most wonderful venue manager for our big day. Ali made me feel like a queen, she checked on me so much, but always at the perfect times. She is so intuitive, kind, and sweet, I loved her!!!! Even helped bustle my dress. I know for sure she did more to help everything run smoothly than what is in her job description. She gathered my things and had everything ready for me when we were about to leave. Ali needs a raise. My husband and I eat vegan, and we really did not have any expectations for the vegan food here, but OMG, it was the best vegan dishes we have ever had. I got some kind of stir-fry and the tofu was out of this world. They made to go boxes for us- and trust me, they didn’t just pack up what was left on our plates, they packed a box full of food which we enjoyed later that night at our hotel. Everyone else loved his or her meal of chicken or steak. Finally, the service was impeccable; every single person there is the best in the business. I have never had service like that in my life. Everyone at our wedding mentioned how awesome the service was. They were also intuitive, because we had a 4-year-old guest at our wedding. At one point, the main bathroom was occupied and the 4 year old visibly had to go, and was waiting with his mom to go in next, and a waiter pulled them aside and said, “come with me I can show you another bathroom to use”.