Val McCormick Photography

West Haven, CT · View map

About Val McCormick Photography

We believe that weddings are a social celebration of a very sacred commitment. We feel honored to be participants in every wedding we shoot and treat both the day and the people involved with the highest level of respect. Most of all, Weddings are a day filled with beauty and magic that emerges effortlessly. We believe our job is to capture that magic in the most authentic way - unobtrusively, honestly, joyfully.

We are a cutting edge photography studio, offering the most recent advances in the photography field. We are always well versed in the latest wedding trends and bride preferences. Our approach is contemporary and always in the best of taste. We strive for the perfect combination of timeless elegance and fresh style.

Our focus is on journalistic style photography. We limit the number of posed and staged photographs and try instead to highlight the laughter, tears, and passion that you and your guests will be feeling without our heavy involvement. We understand that each couple is unique in their style, personality, and biography and strive to produce images that reflect that individuality. The era of assembly line coverage and common, ordinary albums is over. We understand our client needs for exclusive, classic products and exceed their expectations. We represent the grace, distinction, and style that is possible in wedding photography.

14 Reviews for Val McCormick Photography

14 Val McCormick Photography Reviews

User7046521

2+ years ago

This wedding photographer and her 2nd shooter made my day the BEST DAY EVER. She was so professional, compassionate, and understanding of wedding obstacles before-during-and after our wedding! I'm ... Read more happy to call her a friend now.

Heather
Heather

Married on 04/19/2014

Wow! Just wow! Val was such a pleasure to work with and was very helpful with her professional input. I'm so glad I chose her! I have had nothing but compliments with my pictures for the big day! Our ... Read more Our group is such a bunch of goofballs and she really capture that in our reception photos! She really respected my wish to not focus on the traditional wedding photos aside from the formals and everything came out great! I do also think it helped that she and I really hit it off from the first time I met her. With my husband and I not really being that comfortable in front of the camera she was helpful and descriptive on how to pose and the photos really showed her ability to make two very uncomfortable people look like they lived in front of the camera. Her style and flair were on point and I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. I highly recommend her for anyone looking for a fantastic photographer.

E
Erin

Married on 01/14/2012

Val and her team were fantastic from start to finish. It was so wonderful to work with her and her team. She is just so sweet and willing to do anything for a good shot! She took charge and did what ... Read more what she needed to do to get us through our photos at City Hall quickly. She gave everyone the direction they needed and was so fun at the same time. We got a large variety of shots and the photo booth she set up at the reception was a big hit. Our guests loved it. I just cant wait to see the rest of the pics. I cannot wait to work with Val again for boudoir photos!