Van Dickson Ranch

Skull Valley, Arizona · View map · Visit website

About Van Dickson Ranch

Stately oak and walnut trees, a natural arch formed by 100-year-old cottonwoods, and a lush carpet of grass situated above Skull Valley Creek set the scene for your wedding at the Van Dickson Ranch. This is a historic venue located in Skull Valley, a marvelous place for spring, summer, and fall nuptials. (Barn & Farm Weddings Skull Valley)

After the ceremony, guests will adjourn to the spacious, covered pavilion for the reception to include dinners of Texas tri-tip smoked right here on the ranch with six delicious side dishes. Descriptions of the food range from amazing to fantastic, and many guests have returned to the venue for their own weddings because of the food and majesty of the Van Dickson Ranch, located near Prescott.

James Van Dickson homesteaded this ranch in 1906. Van, as he was known, was a world-class rodeo champion who raised polo ponies at the ranch and leased them to Will Rogers. When C. Paul and Carolyn Harris bought the ranch in 1999, Paul, a polo player, knew he could make a polo field there. Little did he know that it had been a polo field 100 years ago. Coincidence or fate? Thus they named it Van Dickson Ranch. This beautiful area is known as Skull Valley because of the skulls found there in the late 1800s which are believed to be from ancient battles between the Yavapai and Apache people.

Facilities and Capacity

Music may play until 11 p.m., and the entire venue is available to the wedding party all day from 9 a.m. The bride will have a large dressing suite and the groomsmen will have their own private cabin for preparations. Included are dinners, lighting, dance floor, tables, chairs, and benches, thus couples will have everything they need for their special day. The ranch can host up to 500 wedding guests.

At the Van Dickson Ranch, couples will be able to enjoy their ceremony with peace of mind because the venue will provide you with security on your wedding day. Couples will also receive lighting, dance floor, tables, chairs, and benches so that they will have everything they need to host their wedding. In addition couples will receive the following services:

• All inclusive packages
  • Covered Pavilion for reception
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Liability insurance
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Dressing suite for bride and bridesmaids
  • Preparation cabin for groomsmen
  • In-house catering of smoked tri-tip dinners
  • Use of property from 9 a.m. until midnight
  • Bridal party may supply soft and alcoholic drinks

49 Reviews for Van Dickson Ranch

49 Van Dickson Ranch Reviews

J
Jay

Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing and gorgeous

When I began looking around for wedding venues it was a little overwhelming, especially once you begin to look at the pricing of venues. I explored my options down in the valley as well as the ... Read more outskirts and found Van Dickson Ranch, and I am so grateful I did! This venue really stood out to me because of its natural beauty alone, as well as how private it is being on a 600 acre ranch. This venue is absolutely beautiful! The price and package that they offer was also another one of my favorite things. This venue is the most decently priced venue option and they include DELICIOUS food in their package that is a great variety and option for everyone, even gluten free besides the rolls and so delicious! Throughout the year I had to plan my wedding Carolyn was very communicative and responsive during my planning whenever I had any questions or anything she was there with a quick response and an answer to my questions. When my big day arrived it was absolutely perfect. We had the whole day to set up all of our decorations and to get ready at the venue. Carolyn has a beautiful casita for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in, and a little house for the groom and groomsmen. The day went so smoothly and Carolyn was very helpful throughout the day. Once the ceremony began the cowboys had everything set up and ready to go perfectly. Carolyn is great at capturing meaningful behind the scenes photos of my father and I before walking down the aisle. The whole ceremony, reception, and wedding went beautifully and perfect. The cowboys are so responsive, helpful, and such pleasant good men. They help set everything up and ensure all guests are where they need to be and happy. I am so grateful and happy that I chose to have my special day here and would not have it any other way. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS VENUE! Especially if you want a natural and private, open wedding. I was able to keep my decor simple with just lace, burlap, and wood decor made by my husband and it was PERFECT and with all of the natural outside beauty here you do not need a lot of decorations because it is just beautiful itself! Thank you so so much Van Dickson Ranch team! :)

Victoria
Victoria

Married on 09/14/2018

Beautiful, Friendly, A Dream Come True

Van Dickson Ranch was a dream come true. Green grass, weeping willow trees, amazing food and all the friendly staff are just a few things that made Van Dickson Ranch the perfect venue. Carolyn, the ... Read more owner, is the sweetest person my husband and I have met. She took time to get to know me and my husband and by the end of the night all the guests and staff felt like family to one another. Carolyn also went over and beyond to make sure that all the table and chairs were set up correctly and gave us recommendations on who to contact for photographers, or flowers and so on. Van Dickson Ranch truly is one of the most beautiful places ever and we will cherish our day there and the people for the rest of our lives.

J
Jessica

Married on 08/18/2018

Van Dickson Ranch was the perfect place for our wedding. Every one of our guests commented on how beautiful the ranch was and how perfect it fit us. The location can truly be used for a classy wedding ... Read more wedding to a rustic style, it is very versatile which worked flawlessly for us. Carolyn was extremely helpful, answering my million e-mails quickly and helping me figure out where the best place was to set things up from her extensive experience. Her suggestion to use Screw It Bartending Services led us to an amazing bartender that definitely knows her stuff and made our lives so much easier for getting things prepared. I would recommend Van Dickson Ranch to anyone getting married because it is perfect for everyone!