Velvet Sky Bakery

Jenkintown, Pennsylvania · View map · Visit website

About Velvet Sky Bakery

Velvet Sky Bakery is a bakery that specializes in mouthwatering wedding cakes in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania. Established in 2011, owner and head designer Jordan Harvey prides herself on using cutting-edge sculpting techniques and the highest quality ingredients. Having won a variety of awards in the Philadelphia area, Velvet Sky Bakery has become known for its rich flavors and excellent customer service.

The team at Velvet Sky Bakery believes that the right desserts have the ability to be the centerpiece of any successful wedding day celebration. By providing a variety of dessert options, you’ll be able to choose the style and flavor that best fits your theme and palate. Velvet Sky Bakery’s services include:

• Cakes

Featured
S. Brooks-Moore

Married on 10/16/2018

Cupcake Spectacular

I recently ordered a cupcake tower for my wedding. The design, cost and taste all exceeded my expectations. The design was exactly what I imagined when the baker and I sketched it and the taste was ... Read more definitely velvet and delicious. I will definitely continue to do business with this gourmet bakery. Thanks for making my special day truly beautiful. -S. Brooks-Moore

A
Anne Maiale

Married on 05/11/2019

DELICIOUS, beautiful cupcakes for our wedding!

First things first, our experience with Velvet Sky was a highlight of our wedding - the cupcakes were gorgeously arranged, absolutely delicious, and all our guests loved them! Our assumption was ... Read more 'wedding cake is never that great', but I knew I could count on wedding cakes the guests would truly love. I knew as soon as I started planning my wedding that I wanted to get a cake or cupcakes from Velvet Sky - I used to work near the bakery when it was a storefront, and Jordan's cupcakes have been the gold standard of cupcakes for me ever since! Her icing flavors are so delicious - the peanut butter is a personal favorite! - and are the perfect not-too-sweet, silky smooth buttercream. The cakes are so flavorful and moist. We did an assortment of mini-cupcakes of 6 different flavors for our wedding (including a dozen gluten-free, which are also delicious!), plus a few small cakes with fruit filling. Jordan was very easy to work with, very professional and did a BEAUTIFUL job setting the cupcakes up, including little illustrated signs to explain the flavors. The small cakes were really tasty - I only tried the lemon filling, but it was very nice and lemony! Our only complaint, if I could call it that, is that the assumption of 2 mini cupcakes per person proved to be a little low, as people were so eager to try them all that they took more than 2 and we ran out very quickly. I think if we'd had only 2 flavors this wouldn't have occurred, but if you go for multiple flavors, I'd count on more like 3 minis per person! Thanks again Jordan!

C
Christina Dipaolo

Married on 01/19/2019

Amazing wedding cake!

This cake was one of the more expensive cakes we tasted in the planning process but was 100% worth the extra money! Jordan was great and she created a beautiful design for us. When the cake showed up ... Read more it looked exactly like her design. As for the taste, I don’t normally like wedding cake but I loved this one. We ordered 3 different flavors and our guests raved about all 3 of them!