Verna Pitts Photography

Stillwater, MN · View map

About Verna Pitts Photography

Your wedding will be one of the most joyous and memorable days of your life. There's a genuine beauty in the rituals shared, commitments made, and the abounding love of family and friends. My goal is to capture the emotion—to capture the love and laughter—in a way that is timeless and elegant using a documentary approach. This means that I take pictures that tell your story, creating a visual narrative. This unique blend of emotions only comes around once, though a vivid picture will take the couple back to that moment years—even decades—later.

I spend time developing a relationship with each couple I work with. The connection we make allows me to enter into the emotion of the day—this emotional engagement is a necessary part of my work.

I have been a photographer for 26 years. In that time I've been able to enjoy many weddings and each one had special and unique elements for me. I take a great deal of pride in my work, because I know how much great wedding pictures mean to a couple when they go back and look at them years later.

After spending years in New York and Minneapolis, I now make my home in the pastoral countryside north of Stillwater, Minnesota. I live with my husband Paul, three cats, and a big dog who's afraid of everything.

5 Reviews for Verna Pitts Photography

5 Verna Pitts Photography Reviews

D
Danielle

Married on 11/28/2015

Verna is simply the best of the best. I would highly recommend her! She is exactly who you want by your side on your wedding day. She is funny, friendly, helpful and incredibly talented. We felt so ... Read more comfortable with her and her husband (2nd shooter) all day long! They are an awesome duo and we had so much fun with them! We were set up through Bellagala and we couldn't be happier! Thank you for making it so easy!

User2763556

2+ years ago

Just had our wedding and Verna did the photography, and I have to say it was absolutely great. Me personally I hate having my picture taken but besides a few formals her method of photography is to ... Read more let the couple spend time together and pretend like she is not there and she will take pictures from a distance. She is definitely not an in your face type of photographer. I would strongly recommend that if you are in need of a wedding photographer talk to Verna because there is none better.

K
Kristin

Married on 08/24/2007

I would HIGHLY recommend Verna! We loved the combination of traditional photos that we requested and the artistic view on all the others. We wanted to be sure the photographer we chose would capture ... Read more candid moments and with a journalist's eye. Not only do we love both our engagement photos and wedding photos, but we had an absolute blast with Verna. She is so down to Earth and fun. She was able to get so many candid photos that really captured the feeling of our day, as well as some of those some intimate moments (and we didn't even know she was there). I recommend Verna without hesitation!