Viceroy Riviera Maya

Cancun, MX · View map

About Viceroy Riviera Maya

OVERVIEW

The award-winning, all-villa resort is set on a sugary, white-sand beach, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Caribbean. Half of the resort is immersed in a lush jungle ambiance that is the playground of a resident family of friendly spider monkeys, dense with ferns, palms and guava trees. The spacious and elegantly appointed 41 villas feature a completely private patio and plunge pool, outdoor shower, and a high ceilinged, thatched palapa roof that resonates with the jungle environment.

Guests are welcomed with a typical Mayan drink and a “Mayan Blessing” performed by the Mayan shaman on staff; they are then personally escorted to their villa by the ‘soap Concierge,’ who also provides them with the signature personalized amenity of Artisanal Mayan soaps.

At the spa, Mayan healing techniques and traditions infuse every aspect of the guest experience. A lagoon pool, a fine-dining restaurant and seaside grill, day beds at the beach, a fitness center and a library lounge are among the many guest amenities. Children 12 years and older are welcome.

WEDDINGS

Viceroy Riviera Maya provides the ideal setting for an unforgettable and magical Playa Del Carmen wedding ceremony. Exchange vows on the untamed beach, before the splendor of a sunrise or sunset, or under the starlit sky. Any backdrop will come alive at your wedding with the vibrant colors that characterize the Riviera Maya.

With 7 beautiful and exotic venues to choose for your Caribbean destination wedding celebration, not only for the ceremony and reception, but for cocktail parties, rehearsal dinners and farewell brunches

WEDDING ACCOMODATIONS

• Personalized butler service and soap concierge.
  • Intuitive Wedding Coordination services.
  • 3 miles north of Popular Playa del Carmen and 35 minutes from Cancun International Airport.
  • Preferred Room Rates & Amenities for Wedding Guests.
  • Every villa with private plunge pool, outdoor shower and amenities that provide your guests the ultimate comfort.
  • Signature Beach & Pool Pampering Service & Amenities.
  • Wedding packages customized to your needs.

3 Reviews for Viceroy Riviera Maya

3 Viceroy Riviera Maya Reviews

C
Courtney

Married on 10/22/2016

If there was a way to give more than five stars I would! We flew from coast to coast (Puerto Vallarta to Cancun) looking at plenty of hotels, so I know when I say they're the best in the country-- ... Read more it's true! The service, the food, the rooms, the attention to detail, everything is amazing. If you want a high end luxury experience but love local flavor and eco-concious ways, this place is perfect. Plus, the wedding planners that come with your wedding package are honestly the very best. There is no other hotel that will offer the personalized planning and attention to detail that come with a Viceroy wedding. You won't need to hire a planner, because Karla is the best money can buy and she's included. My sister got married five months before me and said, "I paid my planner $6,000 and she didn't do half the work Karla did!" Yes, it's a pricier hotel, but you pay for what you get--and here, you get the best. Your guests will feel like royalty and everything will go off without a hitch (because even if something goes wrong, Karla and Tania will find a way to fix it before you even know it went wrong!). Nearly two months later, and our guests are still raving about an incredible wedding and a blissful weekend spent at the Viceroy.

R
Rachel

Married on 04/26/2016

In June we took over the Viceroy for our wedding. The best way to describe what the Viceroy did for us was Simply Magical. We worked with Karla and Tania for a year planning our 4 day event. I cannot ... Read more express how above and beyond these two women went. Every detail was met. They took my vision and made it more beautiful then I could have ever imagined. They made wedding planning fun, I never felt stressed, or not taken care of, during the process, and more importantly during the events. I was the most relaxed bride! They thought of everything!!! I'm still in awe of what these women, and this staff put together. If you are considering the Viceroy for your wedding, know it will be more incredible then you could ever dream.

S
Stefani

Married on 06/03/2017

I loved my experience and I have to say it was the BEST day of my life! Still to this day we go back to the Viceroy Riviera Maya on vacations (I think the next visit will be number 6 or 7)! We love ... Read more the staff and that was one of the reasons we decided to have our wedding here. Also it is just gorgeous and sure a romantic place. Tania was a huge help and real did an amazing job at the welcome party and the wedding! Was there to make sure everything was followed threw and help out were she was needed! Again I HIGHLY recommend this place and service! A++++++

Viceroy Riviera Maya FAQ