Villa Zorayda Museum

Saint Augustine, FL · View map

About Villa Zorayda Museum

The Villa Zorayda was built in 1883 by Bostonian Franklin W. Smith. It served as Smith's opulent winter residence, and the architecture of the building replicates Spain's famous "Alhambra Palace". This 19th Century residence turned into a museum in 1933 and today it contains an extensive art and antique collection of the two previous owners.

All of the intricate architectural details inside the building created a warm and inviting space. Colorful and lively Spanish and Egyptian tiles line the floors and walls. Moorish horseshoe arches surround a central court, the main area inside the Museum where events take place. Hanging brass lamps radiate a warm glow and transport you to another part of the world.

The Villa Zorayda Museum is an intimate setting ideal for small events. The central court is perfect for wedding ceremonies or cocktail parties for up to 80 people, and the room adjacent is perfect for sit down dinners of less than 40 people.Please note, the Museum is not available for wedding receptions.

Unique, romantic, and beautiful are the best words used to describe the Villa Zorayda Museum. Contact us today to start planning your one-of-a-kind event!

1 Reviews for Villa Zorayda Museum

1 Villa Zorayda Museum Reviews

W
Whitney

Married on 10/27/2018

The most amazing experience!

Everything about our experience was so amazing, I'm not sure where to begin! I chose St. Augustine for its history, so the Villa Zorayda was a top choice for me right away. When compared to every ... Read more single other venue in town (and I got price quotes from most, especially historic venues), the Villa Zorayda is very affordable. Not only that, but it is a gorgeous and unique venue with a fascinating history. Next, I started working with Olivia and Marcia. They are both so sweet and attentive. We communicated mostly via email, and they were very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the planning process. The venue fee includes their guidance as well as their services on the day of the ceremony, making it an even better value! We were able to bring in all our own staff, but used their recommended photographer, Ashley Graham, who I also highly recommend. They have a nice little room where you can put on your dress and get photos before the ceremony too. And the price includes a rehearsal! The only downsides I could see would be that only 20 seats can be provided due to the historic artifacts and you cannot have a reception there. However, we had 8 of our guests standing on the balcony during the ceremony, and they could hear everything perfectly and didn't mind it at all. Our entire experience exceeded expectations. I highly recommend the Villa Zorayda for your wedding!

Villa Zorayda Museum FAQ