Visel Photo

Ventura, CA · View map

About Visel Photo

We live in Costa Rica just above Tamarindo on the Pacific side and we love it here!

We come from Santa Barbara, California and shot weddings there for 7 years. That area hails some of the best wedding photographers in the world, along with Santa Barbara being a destination location itself.

We have shot weddings in 7 countries and love travel...but now would love to concentrate on our own backyard, as Costa Rica is one of the most beautiful places in the world! The land of Pura Vida!

My husband and I love light, feeling and a good story...our philosophy has always been to shoot and edit in a way that shows how that moment really felt to us.

My personal style, is to shoot tight close images that are right in the middle of the movement and emotion. I want my images to project intensity!

Brandon loves to show the whole story, always from fresh angles and points of view. He takes in the entire scene and makes you feel like you were there!

Between us, we compliment each other and end up offering, in my opinion, a very complete and fun story of how the moments unfolded.
This is especially important for shooting a wedding...you need someone who not only knows their equipment very well, but understands all types of lighting, can "roll with the punches" and who brings ease and joy to your day.

Your photographers should help guide you through the timeline of the day, while still making you feel present in every moment!

7 Reviews for Visel Photo

7 Visel Photo Reviews

K
Kim

Married on 05/21/2017

Brandon and April are the most amazing photography duo. I never worried about a single moment not being captured. They just do their thing and do it so perfectly and in sync with each other. Being a ... Read more professional photographer myself, I can’t imagine the pressure they were under to meet my expectations, but I had all the confidence you m Ape and Brandi and they by far exceeded them! I give them my highest recommendation.

S
Sarah

Married on 03/19/2017

I love my pictures! Every picture was amazing. April did fabulous Read more I love my pictures! Every picture was amazing. April did fabulous

K
Kim

Married on 06/25/2016

First thing we dediced when getting married was: we for sure need April Visel to be part of our Fairytale. And she totally did an excellent job - our pictures looked like true Magic! She was not just ... Read more the photographer but more like a friend, helping wherever she could & making bride and groom feel comfortable. She even took care of our stressed-out horse, simply amazing! Thanks for being part of our day, you and Brandon are the best team ever!