Wadsworth Homestead

Geneseo, NY · View map · Visit website

About Wadsworth Homestead

The Wadsworth Homestead, a historic and family-owned estate in Geneseo, New York overlooking the Genesee Valley, is home to casually elegant weddings for couples looking for rustic charm. Sitting on 300 acres of land, the interior is furnished with decor collected over six generations, while the grounds allow couples to basque in the the dramatic landscape of awe-inspiring oak trees, lush fields and forests that surround the property.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can host up to 300 guests in warm weather (125 in the winter). For reception options, couples can choose between the large dining room on the first floor or, for larger parties, a tent on the grounds is provided. Cocktail hour can be hosted in one of two drawing rooms or the elaborately decorated library.

The Wadsworth Homestead offers all-inclusive wedding packages, including planning and catering, to ensure that couples can make the most of the experienced staff. The venue also offers the following services:

• Aisle markers
  • Furniture
  • Tables
  • Tents

Cuisine
Food at the Wadsworth Homestead is prepared by Jeff and Lisa Bleier of the Caledonia Village Inn. Their 40 years of experience drives the excellent food and presentation of Homestead events, and their expertise includes uniquely designed menus and artfully designed ice sculptures.

History
The Wadsworth Homestead was built as the original property of brothers General William Wadsworth and James Wadsworth in 1804 and is one of the few properties in the United States that has never changed hands from family to family. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. In 2011, the family decided to open the property to public weddings and large events.

Location
Situated on the south end of Geneseo’s Main Street, within walking distance to shops and restaurants, the property is 30 minutes from Rochester, New York.

55 Reviews for Wadsworth Homestead

55 Wadsworth Homestead Reviews

K
Featured
Kirsten

Married on 05/26/2018

Where do I even start. I got married at the Wadsworth Homestead at the end of May after only seeing the property and meeting Will for not even an hour in July of 2017. We immediately knew this was ... Read more where we were going to be married. First, the Wadsworth is more than a wedding venue. It is an insanely beautiful, historic, magical, family home that Will generously opened up to us for our wedding weekend. We were taken care of from the second I booked, to Sunday morning after our wedding when we said our (tearful) goodbyes. Will is by far the most kind, helpful, knowledgeable, and calm among a million more things and is the perfect person you want to work with on your wedding day. He went above and beyond to make sure every person was okay and had what they needed. I live in Atlanta, but grew up in the area and I never once felt any worries one could typically have about having a destination wedding. Even when the ONE thing that went wrong, which was not even the Wadsworth’s fault (the dj’s USB didn’t work and we had no music for a period of time..) Will jumped in and fixed it HIMSELF and kept us calm and kept everything moving. The food was fantastic, people were blown away with how beautiful the house and grounds were, and for those of us who stayed in the house all weekend, we still can not get over our experience. We are forever grateful for Will and we are so happy to be apart of something so special he has going at the homestead. We will never forget the weekend and we hope to visit again soon!

Leah
Leah

Married on 10/20/2018

The BEST Venue I Found By Far!

I can't say enough about how wonderful this venue and its hosts were! After all the venues I looked at, The Homestead offers the most with the best quality at a very reasonable price. My (new) husband ... Read more husband and I decided to purchase the weekend package, which I highly recommend! It was such an awesome and unexpected present to give our wedding party as they didn't have to pay for their lodging for the weekend. The entire house is SO interesting, impeccably maintained and full of some really amazing history that Will is very knowledgeable about! I can't imagine we could have found a cooler place to stay in for our wedding weekend; the history of the house made it a unique and unforgettable experience that our guests loved too. Working with Will through the entire process was so easy and stress-free, he has such a calming presence and you can tell he truly cares about every aspect of your day. He had contingency plans for everything and walked us through with ease and patience. Even though I've never planned and completed a wedding myself before, he's done hundreds and it shows! The Homestead works exclusively with caterer Lisa Bleier from the Caledonia Village Inn and the food was incredible! I have a cousin that has attended and planned tons of weddings and she said it was the best wedding food she's ever tasted. It was an excellent meal and the whole staff did an amazing job getting everyone served at once so that we could all eat together. I have zero regrets about choosing The Wadsworth Homestead as my wedding venue; we had the most amazing experience!

S
Stephanie

Married on 10/13/2018

Highly recommend!!

Absolutely stunning location! Will was so helpful through the whole process, but especially on our wedding weekend. We did not have to worry about a single thing - Will and his team made everything so ... Read more beautiful and the whole weekend ran so smoothly. We fell in love with this venue from the first time we visited it and it will forever be so special to us. Everyone from our wedding is still talking about how amazing this place is!! We would highly recommend!!