Walldorff Ballroom

Hastings, MI · View map

About Walldorff Ballroom

Walldorff Ballroom is a wedding venue located in Hastings, Michigan. This establishment is a family-owned-and-operated business that produces American-style food, brews, and specialty wood-fired pizzas. They have been serving up fantastic dishes since 2006, making use of the 150-year-old building that they are located in. The restaurant is on the third floor, decorated in Victorian-era-themed elements. Custom, hand-crafted brews are concocted for a wedding event, made to reflect the tastes of the betrothed couple. There are plenty of options for wedding packages, and the entire menu can be personalized to suit the occasion. Should a couple be interested in only using the one-of-a-kind space, outside catering is permitted on the premises.

Facilities and Capacity

This venue boasts room for up to 180 individuals. Tables, chairs, and service are all included in their basic package, along with many other delightful perks. Arched floor-to-ceiling windows bestow rivets of light upon the interior of the ballroom, reflecting off of the pristine white columns that divide the space. The walls are lined with vertical-striped wallpaper, colored in rouge and contributing a Victorian essence to any event.

Walldorff Ballroom knows that coordinating a wedding is traditionally a time-consuming process, oftentimes leaving people feeling overwhelmed. To ease this, they offer an event coordinator that guides their clients to clean, simple, and fitting solutions to their qualms. Whether it's only vendor referrals or robust and intricate event design, Walldorff Ballroom shoulders the responsibility. After receiving a personal tour of the space, the couple will take part in a consultation with the coordinator, setting all the cogs in place to start the countdown to the event.

History

This business' history is traced back to 1866, when William Barlow, John Goodyear, and James Sweezy bought what would come to be known as the Empire Block. Records that date back to the 1800s indicate that the building was used for public events and retail spaces. The Walldorffs became involved vis-a-vis purchasing a portion of the building and eventually operating a furniture business as a family endeavor. In 1983, Phil Walldorf completed a renovation that inspired a Historical Building Award. Finally, in 2006, the building became what it is today.

4 Reviews for Walldorff Ballroom

4 Walldorff Ballroom Reviews

M
Melissa

Married on 05/30/2015

Ellie, the event coordinator is a godsend! I'm sure I probably sent her a hundred emails with small detail changes and every time I followed up with her she was on the same page. She had great ideas ... Read more and the color swatches matched our wedding colors perfectly! The ballroom was plenty spacious for us to have 130 guests and photo booth. The bar tenders were fun and had great drink recommendations. We were able to get into the building early since there wasn't an event the day/night before which made decorating that much easier, granted its not always the case being able to get into a venue night or even 2 days before but they let us know that we were able to decorate. I absolutely loved working with Ellie! The food looked, smelled and was delicious! Overall I was extremely happy to have chosen the Walldorff for our venue. I couldn't have imagined a different one for our special day!

L
Lori

Married on 05/10/2008

Beautiful ballroom; staff was superb; I didn't have to worry about a thing! The food was amazing! I never expected to get such high-quality meals for such a budget-friendly price. Read more Beautiful ballroom; staff was superb; I didn't have to worry about a thing! The food was amazing! I never expected to get such high-quality meals for such a budget-friendly price.

Christine
Christine

Married on 07/18/2009

3.8

The Walldorff Ballroom is a beautiful space! It was clean and provided the perfect backdrop to our reception. Brenda was very good to work with. She had many good suggestions and was willing to ... Read more accomodate any request. We felt the cost for the quality of the room and food was good. Our issues were with the service. It was later told to me that there were issues with the food running out. We had purchased a buffet, however, food ran low and we ran completely out of our main dish. There was quite a bit of time before it was replenished, so much so, that our DJ had to make an announcement. Also, we requested champagne at the head table for the toast. Halfway through the toast, my father had to find a server to request our bottle be brought. Luckily, our best man had a long speech, so our glasses were filled just before he finished. Guests also reported that the tables were slow to be cleared. There was another big event going on that evening, which may have contributed to the slow service. In fact, after my mother approached one of the supervisors about the food running out, she replied, "well we do have another event going on." I understand being busy, but that should not have affected our event. I was told the bathrooms were a mess as bar patrons were using the upstairs bathrooms reserved for the ballroom. Additionally, at the end of the night, we were not told to use any other exit, so we had to leave using the main exit. I had to crawl over the band to get out. I was also told several of my guests were hassled by bar patrons on their way out. Additional security or a seperate exit could have resolved this issue. Overall, we were happy with the room and quality/selection of food and drinks, however, for this to become a top facility, the service will need to come a long way.