Walnut Hill

Raleigh, NC · View map · Visit website

About Walnut Hill

Walnut Hill is a barn and farm wedding venue based out of Raleigh, North Carolina. This venue provides an endless amount of picture-perfect scenery all around its grounds, from barns and outbuildings to picturesque duck ponds and perfectly manicured lawns.

Facilities and Capacity
This gorgeous plantation home is enhanced with several original outbuildings, a gazebo, flour house, mule barn, smokehouse, chicken house, log tobacco barn, vinegar house, well house, and corn crib. Walnut Hill offers four different event spaces to choose from, with indoor and outdoor options available. Their elegant pavilion seats up to 200 guests, and the main house is available as a get-ready space for the wedding party. This historic building also offers waterfront views of a nearby lake.

Walnut Hill is available to host a variety of your wedding-related events, including your wedding ceremony, reception, bridal shower, engagement party, elopement, and/or rehearsal dinner. Some of the rental items that are available at this venue include linens, chairs, and tables. Several of the event services that are offered by the business include:

• Accommodations
  • Outside vendors
  • Pet friendly
  • WiFi

History
In the late 1600s, Thomas Mial, Sr. purchased more than 400 acres of land which housed the original Walnut Hill Plantation. Over time, Walnut Hill Plantation grew to be more than 2,000 acres and one of the largest agricultural operations in Wake and Johnson Counties. The original house eventually burned down in 1973, but in the late 1980s, one of Thomas Mial's direct descendants built a replica of the original home.

Location
This historic wedding venue is located only 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. Because of its convenient location, couples and their guests can enjoy a nice getaway at Walnut Hill while not being too far away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.

10 Reviews for Walnut Hill

10 Walnut Hill Reviews

Breanna
Featured
Breanna

Married on 04/20/2019

Breathtaking!

We were one of the first few weddings at Walnut Hill, and they are already doing such a great job! Not only was the venue exactly what we were looking for style-wise, but Amanda was so easy to work ... Read more with. We absolutely could not have picked a more perfect and stunning venue for our wedding day. It is the perfect mix of modern-farmhouse, with such a beautiful white barn and plantation house that photograph incredibly. The site also has so many different options for backgrounds in photos which made my bridal portraits and wedding photos so beautiful. We rented the venue for the full weekend, so we were able to have our rehearsal dinner there. After rehearsal, I spent the night with my bridesmaids in the plantation house, which was not only a fun night with my best friends that made me so much more relaxed the night before my wedding, but we also had our hair and makeup artists come in the morning, and since we were already there we didn't have to wake up super early to get to the venue and start getting ready! The day of, the bridal suite and grooms suite being in totally separate sides of the house made things SO much easier on me so my groom wouldn't see me before the ceremony. Having the kitchen centralized in the house, we were able to have breakfast and lunch items down there for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to snack on while getting ready and before the ceremony. I cannot say enough great things about Walnut Hill and how happy we were with how our wedding day turned out there!

Shannon
Shannon Spence

Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful Venue and Amazing Team

I cannot speak highly enough about Walnut Hill, Amanda, and Jacqueline. To be honest, the beauty of the property speaks for itself and I was fortunate enough to secure the venue for my entire wedding ... Read more weekend, which provided an awesome environment for me to socialize with not only my family, but also my bridesmaids. The venue has a spacious bridal suite, suitable for both hair and makeup as well as a groom's suite situated far enough away from the bridal suite that there was no fear of run-ins. I initially planned to host my wedding outside, but due to a chance of rain, we moved everything inside and it could not have been more beautiful. Amanda and Jacqueline made sure that all of my guests were comfortable and even provided a golf cart shuttle to transport guests from the parking lot to the venue, which was nice for our older guests. Throughout the reception, both of these ladies paid special attention to the bridal party as well as our guests and were so kind. If you want to get married at a beautiful venue with knock-out customer service, then I highly recommend reaching out to Walnut Hill. The experience was amazing and I will never forget it.

Brian
Brian Aronson

Married on 06/04/2019

Amazing Location, Great Price

I had my wedding in April 2019, and Walnut Hill was the perfect wedding spot. The location is gorgeous, and they have a large farm house that is perfect for prepping in. There were no mosquitos, and ... Read more the temperature was perfect on our special day. They had an awesome sound system for our DJ, and a large projector. Amanda, Tom, and Lisa (the owners of the location) were super accommodating and responsive to all of our questions. The location is also perfect because it is a) historic, b) in a quiet farm area, c) only a 15 minute drive from Raleigh, and d) across the street from a farm with a few adorable oreo cows (although both properties are so huge that you will probably need to cross the street to be able to glimpse the cows). Overall, my friends and family were really impressed with the whole wedding. I think it was definitely the right choice and will be very memorable to them. The price is a steal too. My one recommendation for anyone planning their wedding is to stay at the farmhouse the night before, and rent the farmhouse for one or two additional nights. It's an incredible location. I really wish I had spent more time there!