Wandering Tree Estate

Barrington, IL · View map · Visit website

About Wandering Tree Estate

Wandering Tree Estate is a mansion wedding venue located in Barrington, Illinois. This venue features 10 acres of lush, gorgeous gardens, model train layouts, and a large, sparkling lake. You are your guests can take advantage of all this property has to offer, such as the scenic model railway gardens, the Shabui Japanese Garden, and the exhibits at the museum. This venue will help you create magical memories that last a lifetime.

Facilities and Capacity

The Bridal Cottage is a great place to prepare for the walk down the aisle. This quaint cottage sits by the pool and features beautiful, lush gardens that set the stage for breathtaking photos. Wandering Tree Estate provides 10 acres where couples can choose from various gardens to say their vows. With a gazebo, a lake, large trees, and well-manicured grounds, couples will have endless photo opportunities and the perfect place to say “I do” set against enchanting garden settings. Guests are free to enjoy their cocktail hour roaming the gardens, which were created by a renowned artist and landscape designer. Their gardens include the Japanese Garden, Dooryard Gardens, Herbaceous Border Gardens, Swimming Pool Gardens, Sunken Vegetable Garden, and The Grove.

You and your guests will be able to relax and enjoy the beautiful setting this venue has created, with the marrying of trains and flowers that set the tone for a magical, fairy-tale wedding celebration. In addition to your wedding ceremony and reception, this venue is also able to host your bridal shower, engagement party, and rehearsal dinner. Services include:

• Get-ready rooms

S
Featured
Stefanie

Married on 09/15/2018

Venue grounds were kept beautifully. There is a two story bridal cottage for getting ready. The gardens were immaculate. We enjoyed the train museum during cocktail hour. There are so many beautiful ... Read more spots for photos. Venue clearly and consistently communicated with us. Please be aware that when you book Wandering Tree, you are only getting the grounds. Nothing else is included such as restrooms, lighting, valet etc.

S
Sara

Married on 09/01/2018

Overall we had wonderful wedding at Wandering Tree. I would like to provide more suggestions for couples who interested in the venue: Great thing about this Venue: 1. It is absolutely beautiful!2. ... Read more 2. This place very intimate which is great for family and friends to gathering together! 3. The price is reasonable compared to similar venue! (I booked at the winter, so I got a special price 7000 dollars for three days, including outside train and bridal cottage) It provides three days for couple to have wedding (Friday to set up, Saturday for wedding and Sunday for clean up). Time is significant important for me because I had a DIY wedding! I planned, decor, design, made flowers and wedding dress etc for my wedding. I appciate the owner actually provide me more than three days to prepare my wedding! My DIY cannot happen without their cooperation. Something not perfect: 1. Weather is unpredictable in Chicago! If it is rain, many things become more complicate! It is a outdoor venue, I personally consider the rain change the beauty and meaning of the outdoor wedding. You have to spend more money to rent a tent. If it is rain, the lovely train will shutdown. The money I paid including bridal cottage and outside train. However, the owner said they cannot let to train go if it is rain. Many of my friends want to observe the train. So they were so disappointed about it.The most terriable thing about the rain is: there will be so many mosquito and bugs. My guest were bite very serious at the day. Especially ladys with short skirts. One of my friend even went to the hospital to check! I spoke to the owner, he explained the rain can change everything even they spray during the earlier morning. 2. Do not mail things to there! They received my flowers but lost my sparkle. I could not play the sparkle during my day. 3. please do not waste of your time to find your own vendors, just use his prefer vendor. It will be complicate!

A
Ana

Married on 04/28/2018

I am so happy that I picked wandering tree estate as my venue! My photos are perfect, my wedding was perfect, and I still think about that special day a year later. The staff was super friendly and ... Read more hardworking, I did not have a single issue.

Wandering Tree Estate FAQ