Waverly Estate

Lunenburg, VA · View map · Visit website

About Waverly Estate

Waverly Estate is a beautiful venue that sits on eight acres of land in the town of Lunenburg, Virginia. The circa 1838, pre-Civil War, Antebellum home and church are directly next to a 200 acre cattle farm and provide a whimsical, vintage vibe. The exquisite hackberry tree that sits on the property is 175 years old and the grounds of Waverly Estate are now completely filled with towering magnolia trees, crepe myrtles, and weeping willows. This natural scenery provides a magical background for any wedding event.

Facilities and Capacity
Waverly Estate offers three lovely spaces which include some great amenities such as the bistro light field, fire pit, shade trees, and plenty of open land. The event tent is a 40'x80' peak pole tent and is the ideal space for larger events as it can accommodate up to 300 guests. The tent sits on the property and provides some much-needed shade for summer weddings. The Parlor Room is an ideal space for intimate dinners or receptions and can comfortably fit 32 guests for dinner. The parlor is right off the main foyer, providing an ideal welcoming spot for when your guests arrive. The Historic Chapel is a perfect space for your ceremony and is complete with a large open floor plan and hardwood floors. The open space allows for a variety of floor plans. The church can seat roughly 80 guests at round tables for dinner, over 200 guests for a service, and over 100 guests for a social hors d’oeuvres style event. Waverly Estate also offers an elegant bridal suite which offers six vanity mirror, a crystal chandelier, and a stone fireplace with a white-painted mantel.

Waverly Estate has made it their goal is to ensure that your day is relaxing and stress free. The venue offers multiple wedding packages, some of which are all inclusive. The event services offered include the following:

• Accommodations
  • Outside vendors
  • Pet friendly
  • Set-up

Accommodations
Waverly Estate also operates as a Bed and Breakfast with a small number of rooms available for close family and friends. You can choose to rent individual suites and rooms, or rent the entire house and have access to all guest bedrooms for your stay.

12 Reviews for Waverly Estate

12 Waverly Estate Reviews

N
Featured
Nina

Married on 10/14/2017

We cannot thank Sarah and Collin enough for making our wedding day in October so perfect! The venue was absolutely beautiful and it was the perfect place to have both our ceremony and reception. The ... Read more house is full of so much charm and the outside grounds were the perfect backdrop for our wedding. Sarah and Collin helped make sure every detail of the day came seamlessly together! I would absolutely recommend Waverly Estate to anyone who is looking for a beautiful venue with both indoor and outdoor spaces!

E
Emily Reed

Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Venue!!!

My husband and I got married at the Waverly Estate in June. I don’t even know where to begin to thank Sarah, Colin, and the rest of their amazing staff. My family and I had a completely worry-free ... Read more weekend, and everything was perfect from beginning to end because of Sarah. All of the services offered by the venue are wonderful, everyone is so professional/easy to work with, and Sarah knows how to make you feel special. Sarah is truly amazing - from making me feel comfortable and even giving me a little pep talk before heading down the aisle - she is meant for this job. If you are looking for the perfect venue to marry the love of your life, this is it! ❤️

M
Megan

Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding of My Dreams!

Waverly Estate had the setting and staff to pull off the wedding of my dreams! Sarah and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with from the moment we booked until we left for our honeymoon. They ... Read more helped with planning, were always just a text or email away, and helped with setup on the day of the wedding so I could sit back and enjoy getting ready with my girls. Having the entire weekend there was wonderful too! It made our wedding so stress free to have Friday to set up some, the rehearsal dinner in the beautiful historic church on site, then to simply walk next door and enjoy the night in the gorgeous house with my best girls! It was also wonderful knowing that if it rained, I had a backup ceremony location that was beautiful- the historic church! I would recommend this venue to anyone and I am SO GLAD I had the opportunity to be a Waverly bride!!!