Waypoint Event Center

New Bedford, MA · View map

About Waypoint Event Center

Our in-house catering professionals and event coordinator will work with you every step of the way to ensure that your special day is executed perfectly and memorable.

The SeaLoft

The SeaLoft offers a truly unique space that is steeped in history. The original stone walls and cathedral ceilings with exposed wood beams add a touch of rustic flair to this modern space. The SeaLoft can accommodate weddings up to 125 people.

The Vineyard Room

The Vineyard Room located adjacent to the SeaLoft provides ample space for wedding ceremonies, cocktail receptions, or space for you and your attendants to get ready. With movable walls, and ample space, this room is flexible to your needs.

The Outdoor Patio

The Outdoor Patio and water fountain areas offer a private space to host a small ceremony, cocktail reception, and respite for your wedding guests throughout the evening. If weather is a concern, we can offer additional space indoors.

12 Reviews for Waypoint Event Center

12 Waypoint Event Center Reviews

Meaghan
Meaghan

Married on 04/13/2019

Overall a wonderful experience

We held our ceremony (SeaLoft), cocktail hour (Vineyard Room), and reception (SeaLoft) at the Waypoint Event Center. We chose this venue because of the affordable pricing, the ability to have ... Read more everything in one location that was attached to a hotel and wasn't your traditional ballroom (the SeaLoft Room has a brick wall, rafters, and an overall unique feel to it), and offered a real weekend-getaway feel for our out of town guests since there were tons of restaurants, bars, and shops within a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Overall our experience with the Waypoint Event Center was very good. We had a wonderful day, and our guests loved the space and raved about the food. Very good for the price! There were only a few minor hiccups throughout the process: 1) the staff who were helping clean up at the end of the night were throwing things into boxes with no regard of the fragile items (glass cupcake stands, decorative wine glasses, glass bride and groom toasting glasses, etc.) - I know they wanted to get home after a long day but some care to the fragile items would've been much appreciated; 2) we were promised an additional beer which was not regularly offered, but when I went up to the bar after the wedding and requested one, I was told they didn't have that - definitely a disappointment; and 3) the wedding coordinator is very nice but she wasn't as on point throughout the whole process as she should have been in my opinion (delays on emails, wrong price points, not as helpful on the rehearsal/lining up day of - we had more help from the photographer and DJ, etc.). Overall I would certainly recommend the Waypoint Event Center as we loved our wedding but I think there are things that could be improved, especially coming from someone who has done event planning for conferences in the past.

Amanda
Amanda

Married on 07/23/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Waypoint Event Center. I stumbled across the Venue on my google search for wedding Venues. The moment we met with Diane, and saw the venue for the first time, we ... Read more knew this is where we wanted to be married. Diane was absolutely incredible throughout her time at Waypoint, about 6 months before the wedding she was offered a promotion, and unfortunately we lost her. :( From then on we dealt with the new Event Coordinator, Kayla. She was sweet, and tried very hard to fill Diane's very large shoes! The day of the wedding we worked with Steph, one of the event managers. I was slightly disappointed by her, considering the room wasn't set up the way it was supposed to be, we only needed 11 Tables, and there were 12 set up, so one of them was completely empty, with not guests and the one that had people at it was not decorated with the table runners or centerpieces that i had brought because we didn't have enough for 12 tables. Also, she didn't know my husbands name the day of the wedding when she saw him before the ceremony, which frustrates me. And then, she didn't do the Ceremony processional correctly, she was rushing through sending everyone out, so when i walked in and walked down the aisle, no one was standing, and the song i was supposed to walk down the aisle to wasn't playing yet. Other than that, everything else was great! The food was delicious, and all of my guests loved the venue, and the patio area where cocktail hour was held! I would recommend to anyone that they use Waypoint as their venue!

M
Melissa

Married on 04/29/2017

We had our wedding reception at the Waypoint in April 2017. Everything was absolutely beautiful. Our guests raved about the food and the event space. We have no connection to New Bedford, and randomly ... Read more randomly found the Waypoint during an internet search for wedding venues. After meeting Diane in January 2016, viewing the space and the local area, we knew it was where we wanted to hold our wedding reception. The Waypoint is connected to a Fairfield Inn by Marriott, which allowed our guests to stay the entire weekend and enjoy the local area. We had several guests coming from out of town and having the hotel attached to the event space made it easier to spend more time with our guests throughout the wedding weekend. The surrounding are (DNB) offers the perfect setting for amazing wedding photos, tons of restaurants for guests to have lunch, and many options to explore (museums, galleries, urban wineries, the harbor walk). Our guests raved about the local restaurants and how many places there where to explore directly across the street from the hotel. One of the main reasons we booked the Waypoint is because we were super impressed with the wedding coordinator, Diane. Diane is very personable and professional. She is very experienced and accommodating, and was able to refer us to a bunch of local vendors. She always answered my questions in a timely manner, and made me comfortable whenever I was stressing about anything. She did a wonderful job with our wedding set-up. Everything looked exactly the way we wanted it. The sea loft is go with its wood beams and stone wall. The loft area allowed our photographer to take a cool group shot from above. The food was amazing and there was soooo much of it. The cost was very reasonable compared to other venues we looked at and the Waypoint didn't have that wedding factory feel that so many other venues have. I would highly recommend having your event at the Waypoint. Many thanks to Diane and her staff!!!!!