Wedding Barn at Lakota's Farm

Cambridge, NY · View map

About Wedding Barn at Lakota's Farm

Lakota's Barn is a historic 1844 barn that is nestled among Vermont and between the scenic Adirondacks and New York's Hudson Valley. Lakota’s Farm spans 36 acres, and features peaceful pastoral vistas, a stream leading into two spring-fed ponds, and eight barns. Our barn provides a romantic and natural atmosphere for clients celebrations and events such as weddings, bridal showers, birthdays, proms, etc.

Here at Lakota's Farm our goal is to exceed your expectations while creating an unforgettable experience for you and your families. We listen to your ideas, which allows us to bring your vision for your special day to life. From elegant open meadow ceremonies accompanied by string quartet to playful lawn games & fire pit receptions, we work closely with each client to design moments!

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite up to 250 guests to celebrate with at Wedding Barn at Lakota’s Farm. Couples will find eight barns across this venue’s 36-acre property.The venue also has ceremony sites across the property, with views of the surrounding wilderness and Adirondacks.

The venue offers the following services:

• Salon Suite with Adjoining Luxury suite
  • Adirondack Cabin/Suite
  • Tables & Chivari Chairs
  • Ceremony site, included with bench seating set up and break down.
  • Lighting/sound
  • Parking for up to 125 cars
  • Setup & Cleanup

History
The farm was originally part of a 1000-acre property established in 1772. One of the oldest farms in the county, the property was in disrepair when the couple - Kimberly and Alan - acquired it. With hard work and renovations, the couple opened up the venue named for one of their first rescue horse, Lakota.

5 Reviews for Wedding Barn at Lakota's Farm

5 Wedding Barn at Lakota's Farm Reviews

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Married on 09/28/2018

Incredible Venue!

We had our wedding at Lakota's Farm in September 2018 and it was perfect! Kimberly and her team are absolutely amazing. They are organized, responsive, knowledgable, and hard-working. They put forth ... Read more tremendous care and effort to ensure that we had a seamless and memorable day. We HIGHLY recommend them!!!

T
Tess

Married on 05/12/2018

We could not love and recommend Lakota's Farm more! My husband and I got married at the Wedding Barn in May this past spring, and it was an absolutely stunning day and experience. First, Kimberly is ... Read more is the absolute BEST. She is filled with so much passion, positivity, and energy for what she does, not to mention incredible expertise and knowledge to help you plan the perfect wedding event for you and your partner! We were planning our wedding from afar, and Kimberly helped us iron out so many details, gave tons of recommendations for vendors, and helped us handle last minute issues with so much ease. I don't know how we could have done it without her! Next, this venue is absolutely stunning, an unbelievable combination of rustic beauty and high end accommodations. The grounds are gorgeous, filled with so many wonderful nooks for guests to visit, take pictures, and plan special events throughout the day. My husband and I grew up with horses, and the authenticity of this barn was what immediately grabbed us. Yet, Kimberly hasn't left one stone unturned and has created a space that provides accommodations that make you feel like you're in an upscale downtown venue, while standing in the beauty of an outdoor farm and gorgeous wooden barn. Our family and friends have been talking about our wedding and how much they loved the barn all summer!! You will not be disappointed if you book your wedding here. Kimberly makes you feel like family from the moment you start working with her, and we are so grateful we could start the next chapter of our lives in this amazing place.

T
Taylor

Married on 10/07/2016

Kim did such a great job helping us create the perfect wedding day. Not only did her and her husband let us rent out their barn for the day but Kim was there every step of the way to help answer any ... Read more questions my family had and also give advice. Loved the bridal suite that my girls and myself got ready in as well as the bar and reception area. Everything came together so prefectly and I could tell my guests had such a great time! Also wanted to thank Kim and Alan both for bringing out their horse James Dean. My flower girl and ring bearer were so happy and he also helped make some awesome photos. Thank you for all your hard work!