Weddings by Janet Dunn

Glens Falls, New York · View map · Visit website

About Weddings by Janet Dunn

Congratulations! You two are going to get married! I bet you are wondering who is the best fit to officiate your wedding ceremony.

My name is Rev. Janet Dunn and I am very passionate about creating a wonderful, creative, exciting, and one of a kind ceremony. I am a professional that provides services for interfaith weddings, same-sex weddings, non-religious weddings, and elopements. I officiate in the Adirondacks of New York, Poconos of PA, and the Green Mountains of Vermont.

I design the ceremony, run the rehearsal, officiate the ceremony, and solemnize the marriage (signing and returning the marriage license). I will be your guide and together we will weave a perfect ceremony for the two of you.

A wedding ceremony needs to reflect your special relationship and keep your guests engaged and excited. A wedding is one of the most important rites of passage of your lifetime. It is my intention to create a ceremony that is about the two of you. It holds the elements of love, remembrance, your love story, ritual, vows and whatever else you two would like. It is a co-creation and one that will be remembered always.

Janet became a certified Life-Cycle Celebrant in 2015 through The Celebrant Foundation and Institute, focusing on a wide spectrum of ceremonies especially for weddings. She has officiated hundreds of ceremonies.

Janet Dunn is a lover of the ceremony, a writer, spiritual seeker, and a professional storyteller.

Rev. Janet Dunn is happy to officiate full wedding ceremonies or elopements, destination weddings, and vow renewals.

Janet listens to what each couple wants in their ceremony. She does her absolute best to write it right. She incorporates words of gratitude, remembrances, rituals, love stories, readings, vows, blessings into the ceremony.

Janet is a yoga and meditation practitioner. She offers a day of the ceremony yoga and meditation class to help you relax and enjoy your day. She invites you to slow down, breathe and enjoy your beautiful wedding day.

Janet is also a certified coach and relationship coach. She helps couples establish boundaries, develop effective communication skills and create goals for their life together..

60 Reviews for Weddings by Janet Dunn

60 Weddings by Janet Dunn Reviews

Samantha
Featured
Samantha A Bernholz

Married on 12/01/2018

Positive energy officiant

From the first telephone conversation with Janet , I knew she was the right person for us! Janet exudes a positive energy which is immediately apparent. She truly took the time to understand us, and ... Read more to make sure our ceremony reflected our union. Needless to say, she comes highly recommended by my new husband and I!

N
Nathan and Sherrie Miglucci

Married on 05/25/2019

Janet was calm, attentive and very receptive to our thoughts and feelings. We received multiple great compliments from guests on our ceremony.

Working with Janet was a pleasant experience, including a surprise love story she wrote for us regarding how we met and our journey towards marriage. We chose a non-denominational ceremony, but to ... Read more include spirituality and nature. The ceremony was exactly what we were looking for.

S
sarah

Married on 05/18/2019

Everyone raved about our ceremony

Janet was amazing. Due to my crazy schedule we didn’t meet in person until our rehearsal but Janet makes you feel like you’ve known her forever! We communicated via phone and email and she was always ... Read more quick to respond and make any changes necessary. All of our guests said the ceremony was beautiful- even one of the waitresses shed some tears. I highly recommend Janet for your needs!