Weddings by JMF

Sarasota, FL · View map · Visit website

About Weddings by JMF

Weddings by JMF is a wedding photography company based in Sarasota, Florida - dedicated to capturing the moments that tell your love story.

Experience

Our company is made up of husband and wife team: Jessica Marie Francis and Danny, and it was our wedding that helped me realize that wedding photography is my true calling.

I'm Jessica, the principal photographer and designer. While I'm proud of my 10+ years of experience in darkroom and digital photography, I recognize that I was on the path to this career waaaaay before I discovered my passion for photography. My career in the wedding industry actually started in middle school when I was first hired as a wedding singer. Over the next decade, I worked through high school and college at a local yacht club, eventually earning the title, "Assistant Banquet Director." It was in this role that I became immersed in the wedding and event world. Looking back, I've been blessed to experience weddings from almost every angle: entertainer, planner, bride, and photographer and I pull from that experience to design our services and techniques thoughtfully and with purpose.

Beside my technical training and esperience in the field, the real secret sauce that makes my success so sweet is my second shooter, assistant, and husband extraordinaire, Danny. A few years into our relationship, he expressed interest in learning more about photography and allowed me to train him for 4 years before he started shooting with me. For 5 years now he has been with me, photographing over 100 events ranging from mini sessions to weddings in tandem. I think his most amazing quality when we are working with our couples and families is his infectious laugh and ability to put people at ease. We always strive to blend into our surroundings to allow people to be themselves, and Danny's jovial demeanor is just what the doctor ordered.

Through Weddings by JMF, we use our technical skills and artistic flair to create authentic and emotive images, and our focus is always on filling the needs of our couples. Below is a list of some of the services we offer, but we are always open to new adventures and ideas as we meet new people and learn new skills.

• Single coverage of:

• Canvas Prints
  • Photo gifts
  • Photo books
  • Custom wedding albums

* Which images are edited and presented to our couples is up to the sole discretion of the photographer and is generally based on which images turn out (i.e. are not blurry or distorted).

11 Reviews for Weddings by JMF

11 Weddings by JMF Reviews

M
Featured
Mindy

Married on 02/21/2019

I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer!

Think of all of the things you NEED in a photographer. Then list all of the things you WANT in a photographer. Finally, imagine all the things you would WISH for in a photographer. Then bundle all of ... Read more those things up and that is what you get with JMF. I searched far and wide for a photographer that met my expectations and still fit within my budget. I am so glad I found JMF. Jessica was a dream come true! She exceeded my expectations. She was kind, thoughtful and professional . She was patient with me, my husband and my crazy kids. Jessica is a true artist. The photos have exceeded my expectations and I will be recommending JMF to anyone, anywhere, forever. I am so grateful! Thank you Jessica!

L
Lauren

Married on 09/30/2018

My new friends Jess and Danny

I was recommended to Jess and Danny through a friend. They photographed our save the dates. I was so pleased with our save the dates that I knew I had to book them for our wedding. They walked my ... Read more husband and I through the whole process and were so kind to me when I asked all of my silly questions. I continue to be impressed with their professionalism as well as their ability to customize their services to exactly what I wanted. I am still in shock with how quickly they were able to edit the photos and send them back to us. And not to mention how beautiful they are! They made us feel so comfortable from the moment I met them. I greatly appreciated their honesty when they noticed we were getting too tense or unnatural- looking in our photos. They made funny faces at us to lighten the mood and help with the pics! It was so fun! I cherish our time together and am happy to call them new friends.

S
Stephanie

Married on 04/07/2018

We used Jessica for our wedding at Historic Spanish Point in April and she was just wonderful! She coordinated with my wedding coordinators for both the day of and the site. She did a great job of ... Read more asking me everything that I wanted and capturing those moments along with the sweet candid moments throughout the night. The venue was outdoors and we dealt with a little rain but she took all of that in stride as well. Danny was also wonderful, helping to make sure every shot we wanted, we got. We received the final pictures very quickly and we love them! The problem now is just deciding which ones and how many to order! The whole experience was fantastic and I would definitely recommend them to anyone.