Jefferson Street Mansion by Wedgewood Weddings

Benicia, CA · View map · Visit website

About Jefferson Street Mansion by Wedgewood Weddings

Jefferson Street Mansion by Wedgewood Weddings is a mansion wedding venue located in Benicia, California. Built back in 1861, this historic mansion features an elegant Federal Italianate Neoclassical architecture style. While it once was owned by the commanding officer of the Arsenal, it eventually shifted purposes over the years and was carefully renovated and fully restored to serve as a wedding venue. When you host your wedding at this site, you will be conveniently near the 680, 780, and 80 freeways. With its private and spacious settings, it is the perfect site to exchange your vows and host your reception.

Facilities and Capacity
The exterior of the Jefferson Street Mansion by Wedgewood Weddings offers an unforgettable first impression for couples and guests. Palms and tall shade trees flock the mansion and manicured landscaping abounds. Enchanting architectural details are found everywhere you turn, from the front fountain to the gold lions found on the columns. During your stay, you will also get to take in the bay views. The interior of the mansion is just as opulent and ornate. There are double parlors with twelve-foot-high windows. There is even a private dressing room, which is filled with antique touches. For the actual ceremony, couples can choose from the outdoor garden site or the wisteria-draped arbor. You can also pick from the available arches to use in your selected site. For the reception, there is a marquee site for couples and guests to gather in. Overall, these sites can accommodate up to 200 guests.

To take care of all your planning needs, the team at Wedgewood Weddings is pleased to offer full-service event planning. Couples can choose from the Build-your-own, Classic, Premier, or Elite packages. While the packages vary, each does include basics such as coordination, centerpieces, DJ and MC services, and much more. Your planner also can handle logistics including furniture arrangement, guest direction, setup, and cleanup. Other services include the following and more:

• Timeline creation

A
Featured
Amanda

Married on 06/09/2018

From beginning to end, I was very happy with my wedding experience with Wedgewood. The grounds at the Jefferson Street Mansion are beautiful and different from many other local venues. So many ... Read more wonderful photo opportunities around the property. Parking is easily available onsite. I also loved that the packages were completely customizable. We opted out of the invitations, cake, chocolate covered strawberries, floral, and wine on tables (didn't make sense since we had an open bar). I was glad that we were able to find our own vendors without additional fees or being limited to a "preferred" vendor list that many other venues require. David, the general manager, was exceptional to work with. He accommodated my every request, communicated effectively, and had a very approachable personality. He also served as our wedding coordinator and we had a smooth rehearsal and wedding. Morgan was helpful along the way as well and always responded positively and promptly to my emails. Guests commented on the staff's friendliness and responsiveness day of. Dawn, the bartender, was exceptional. I highly recommend requesting her. She brought us and our parents drinks all night and guests raved about her! Open bar was definitely a hit. We decided to extend the venue by 1 hour and we sure are glad that we did! Randy was an effective and efficient MC/DJ, he kept people up on the dance floor and adhered to our music preferences. Were so glad to have him for the extra hour; he is very confident and familiar with the venue which was a huge plus! Guests commented that the food was delicious, the panko crusted chicken was a crowd favorite. The salmon was also delicious. Appetizers were wonderful as well! The brie and apple phyllo kisses and bacon wrapped scallops were my personal favorites!

Caili
Caili Chung

Married on 01/01/2019

I photographed a wedding here and it is such a pretty place to get married. It has such a cool vibe! Everyone will love it :) And there are plenty of gorgeous rooms to explore (or keep bags in). Read more I photographed a wedding here and it is such a pretty place to get married. It has such a cool vibe! Everyone will love it :) And there are plenty of gorgeous rooms to explore (or keep bags in).

I
Isah

Married on 04/11/2018

I do not even know where to begin... I fell in love with this place the very first time I walked in! It was a true blessing that we’re able to have our ceremony and reception in such a beautiful ... Read more place! Not to mention the wonderful staff who went above and beyond to work out all of the details and make our dream day come to life. I really appreciate the way they communicated and touched base with me to make sure they have all the details correct and they were open for any changes that I made all throughout the process. Planning from way across the country could be very difficult but the Jefferson St. Mansion team was very professional and caring and they are just so wonderful to work with. They have everything you need, and a lot of options for couples who’s on a budget. I suggest availing the wedding coordinator option! Everything was taken care of for us the day of the wedding… it was the best feeling, as a bride, not having to worry about the details and just getting to enjoy the day. Having people that we trusted to take care of us on one of the most special days of our lives was a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders… and honestly, they exceeded our expectations! From start to finish, everything ran smoothly and we were able to just enjoy the time with our friends and family. The Mansion itself is absolutely stunning. It had that classic, sophisticated charm that we love! Also, the food was AMAZING! It is one of the first times I remember actually wanting to eat everything on my plate at a wedding! I could say so many more wonderful things about this venue… if you are considering having your wedding here, don't think twice! I promise that you will not be disappointed! We can never thank them enough for making our day so special… it truly was a day of pure joy. Shout out to Morgan, David, Ali and Dawn! You guys rock!