Westminster Hotel

Livingston, NJ · View map · Visit website

About Westminster Hotel

The Westminster Hotel is a venue with a ballroom and restaurant for couples to use on their wedding day in the Northern New Jersey area. This elegant and modern venue has the chic feeling of a city with bright open ballrooms and wooden accents. Couples will find this venue in Livingston, New Jersey, approximately 25 minutes outside of Newark.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite up to 650 guests with whom to celebrate on their wedding day. This venue’s main ballroom features elements of wood and mirror-like glass. Overhead, a skylight lets natural light into the space during the day. After the sun sets, chandeliers set up into the coffered ceiling illuminate the room with a romantic glow. For the later wedding festivities, the lights can be dimmed if couples choose to have colorful uplighting throughout the space in their wedding colors. This elegant space also features a regal red and gold patterned carpet and walls dotted with tall windows that stretch nearly from the floor to the ceiling. Each window is adorned with tasteful drapery that can be left open or drawn during the day to adjust the levels of light. A large dance floor offers enough space for guests to come together and celebrate the couple’s love. The outdoor space and Zen gardens at this venue, with a patio and fountains, makes the perfect location for a quaint ceremony or romantic wedding photos.

The staff at the Westminster Hotel offers accommodating services to couples on their wedding day. This hotel provides a bridal suite for getting ready before the day’s events, as well as setup and cleanup services. Transportation to the venue is simplified with onsite parking, valet parking, and shuttle services. Guests can also enjoy the convenience of wireless Internet. Other services available for couples through this venue include:

• Accommodations
  • In-house catering
  • Lighting/sound
  • Outside vendors

Cuisine
Bartenders serve a variety of drinks from behind an open bar at the couple’s wedding reception. The venue, holding its own liquor license, supplies and serves house wine, premium liquor, specialty beer, and specialty wine. The bartenders can also pour for a champagne toast and serve a couple’s signature drink. In the kitchen, chefs work to prepare American, Asian, French, Indian, Italian, or local cuisine for the wedding menu. For guests with dietary restriction, they offer gluten-free, kosher, lactose free, nut free, organic and vegetarian options. The kitchen’s creations can be served in the following catering styles:

• Buffet
  • Servers
  • Stations
  • Tastings

Accommodation
This hotel offers couples a complimentary wedding suite in which to spend their big night. Contemporary rooms and suites await overnight guests at this hotel, with cozy accommodations and modern capabilities. There are also many on-site amenities for couples to enjoy if they spend the night at the Westminster Hotel, such as a VIP Lounge, a Fitness Center, an indoor pool, and more.

Other Services
Couples can host nearly any wedding event at this hotel’s ballroom, including ceremonies and receptions, bridal showers, engagement parties, or rehearsal dinners. For any occasion, they can find the following event items available for their big day:

• Aisle runners

33 Westminster Hotel Reviews

K
Kristina

Married on 06/29/2019

Positive with some minor issues

Everything was absolutely beautiful and they did a wonderful job! They always helped us out and made sure day of we were taken care of. I was a little upset that our guests where told they were no ... Read more more rooms in our block when we had 50 rooms blocked and only 42 were used. Then one of our guests stayed in an area of the hotel that was not yet renovated and a little sketchy and they never showed us that part. It was so embarrassing when I found out and found out 5 of our guests stayed at another hotel because they were told no more rooms. They also did not allow any guests do early check in when they told us they would make it happen. People who were promised early check in went there first and were not able to check in Because they over booked the night before. To me that is not my fault. We had a 50 room block. Those rooms should have been for us and not for other guests. Other than those issues everything was great. Cologne was absolutely so helpful and great day of!!

Courtney
Courtney Tully

Married on 10/14/2018

Great Wedding room block hotel and next morning breakfast

I recommend this hotel for sure for your room block. They gave me a hotel block and we ended up going over that number and they were cool with that. I never had to guarantee anything. I mostly picked ... Read more here because their suite would fit my large bridal party to get ready in. The suites are perfect! I also got one free night for my suite for guests booking in the block. And we got their hotel shuttles for free which was super helpful. We also used their shuttles for the rehearsal dinner but paid a small fee for them then. We also had breakfast for everyone in the hotel the morning after the wedding and it was really good! I heard a few annoying check-in issues from guests and I had to constantly get updates from the hotel leading up to the wedding date because of communication issues/confusion, but nothing major. So as long as you're on top of everything I think this is a great hotel since it wasn't crazy expensive for guests either and everyone seemed to enjoy their stay including myself!

User7828953

2+ years ago

We had some of our out of town guests stay here for our wedding, which was in West Orange. They all raved about their stay and said it was very comfortable and convenient. Read more We had some of our out of town guests stay here for our wedding, which was in West Orange. They all raved about their stay and said it was very comfortable and convenient.