Whippoorwill Acres

Lancaster, MO · View map · Visit website

About Whippoorwill Acres

Whippoorwill Acres is a rustic chic wedding venue located in the Northeast Missouri and Southern Iowa area. This spacious farm venue features a plethora of wide open fields and land, in addition to an all-wood timber-frame barn. Couples will find this venue very close to the Missouri and Iowa border, approximately 20 minutes north of Kirksville, Missouri, and 20 minutes south of Bloomfield, Iowa.

Facilities and Capacity
This barn venue welcomes up to 500 guests for a wedding celebration. In addition to ceremonies and receptions, couples can celebrate bridal showers, engagement parties, elopements, and rehearsal dinners at this venue. Whippoorwill Acres invites couples to host their ceremonies in its iconic barn or on the 50 acres of land surrounding it. Tents can also be brought in for an outdoor reception when ceremonies are not held under the timber beams of the barn. This two-story structure is built of Colorado Spruce timbers, and it features a loft area overlooking the main floor. The loft space is perfect for additional seating or a cocktail reception. The main floor is mostly open with a slightly raised stage or alter built into the floor and rough-hewn timber walls. Overhead chandeliers illuminate the space with the assistance of edison lights and architecturally stunning windows. The venue also features a bridal suite and groom’s den, a caterer’s kitchen, restrooms, a children’s playroom, and a full-service bar.

Couples will find assistance with their wedding day to help them relax and enjoy the celebration instead of stressing. This venue has two separate and private getting-ready rooms with plenty of space for couples to be joined by their wedding party as they prepare for their special day. There are lighting and sound capabilities in this space, and staff can assist with set up and clean up. Outside vendors are invited to Whippoorwill Acres as are pets, and transporation to the venue is simple thanks to onsite parking and shuttles. There are also full bar services, which only require couples to decide whether they want the bartenders to run a cash or open bar. In addition to serving drinks, this bar fills glasses for a champagne toast and comes stocked with barware. Couples will also find linens for their celebration, and other event items such as:

• Aisle markers

Featured
Kelsey Sparks

Married on 06/15/2019

Best Day of Our Lives Made Better

I really cannot praise Mitzi and the rest of the Shipley family enough. They went above and beyond from the very first day I emailed regarding the venue, to the day after the wedding. Mitzi and ... Read more Samantha were so kind, helpful, and uplifting during this crazy time of our lives. My husband and I knew that we were in the best of care from the moment Mitzi emailed us (very quickly) when looking for a wedding venue. Mitzi was accommodating in every single aspect of the process. Any weekend we wanted to come check out the venue, she spent time helping us look around and answer any question we had about the venue or giving us advice she had for our big day. The night of the rehearsal dinner, I felt like I had absolutely every base covered because of the help Mitzi and Samantha gave us. Our wedding day was a dream and I mean that in the least cliché way possible because it is so true. From the gorgeous lighting, to the outdoor amenities, to the BRIDAL SUITE, the Shipley family really thought of EVERYTHING when it comes to making your wedding day absolutely perfect. I had no worries about anything because Mitzi and Samantha are truly professionals when it comes to wedding days. I know that every bride who chooses to have her wedding at Whippoorwill Acres will cherish her wedding day for the rest of her life and make the sweetest memories at a little slice of heaven on Earth, Whippoorwill Acres.

N
Nichole

Getting married on 09/28/2019

This place is AMAZING! The owners are so sweet, very helpful, outgoing and flexible. I would highly recommend this venue for those of you looking for a georgous rustic barn wedding of your dreams! Read more This place is AMAZING! The owners are so sweet, very helpful, outgoing and flexible. I would highly recommend this venue for those of you looking for a georgous rustic barn wedding of your dreams!

K
Kaitlin

Getting married on 09/14/2019

Everything about this place is amazing! It is VERY beautiful and you can definitely tell they have put a lot of time and effort into it. They respond very quickly to messages/emails and always answer ... Read more any question with lots of detail. They are such wonderful and kind people and I have loved working with them!!