Whirling Turban

Irvine, CA · View map

About Whirling Turban

Whirlingturban makes vintage-inspired wedding dresses with authentic detailing and genuine fabrics, without cutting corners or compromising on quality. We offer completely custom-fit dresses for hard-to-fit customers as well as dresses ordered by size for those who require a more standard fit (plus help figuring out which option is your best for you!)

We are a small, custom-design studio located in Bali and run by Katherine Robinson, an American designer who worked for many years in Hollywood making costumes for movies and well-known stars. We take pride in bettering the lives of our wonderful, local team here in Bali, in creating a lovely place to work and operating in an ecologically-conscious manner. (Our banking is done in Boise, Idaho, USA.)

For our customers, we offer a very caring, personalized service, and incomparable value since no middle men are involved to add costs between us and the customer.

Email us or just pick up the phone and call us on our U.S. number! If you are in the U.S., the easiest time to reach us is late afternoon or evening, your time, since we are in another time zone.

4 Reviews for Whirling Turban

4 Whirling Turban Reviews

S
Sabrina

Married on 10/21/2017

I recently purchased my beautiful wedding dress from Whirling Turban & highly recommend them to anyone looking for a couture, vintage-inspired dress. (Still looking for your version of Audrey ... Read more Hepburn's tea length Funny Face dress? This is the store!) I never planned to buy my wedding dress online & I frankly found the idea a little scary. But, the team at Whirling Turban assuaged my concerns & delivered above & beyond what I expected. Their customer service was amazing. Kathryn was incredibly helpful both over phone & email. Even after I received my dress & our transaction was essentially complete, she gave me tons of insight on the types & brands of shape-wear & petticoats to wear with my specific dress. The dress itself is absolutely beautiful. The detailed craftsmanship is quite evident. Whirling Turban's dress designs are very flattering. I have a bit of a tummy & am not busty, but you'd never know it from the way that the dress accentuates my figure in all the right places. Kathryn's blog (which is how I initially found about about the store) is also a great resource for any bride looking to wear a tea length wedding dress.

K
Katie

Married on 11/10/2007

This is an online company that makes custom dresses. Want a vintage inspired wedding dress made to custom fit? I ordered a peacock blue dress that looked like a 50's Jackie Kennedy inspired number.I ... Read more wore a pill box hat veil and my grandmothers fur stole :) Excellent service and the quality was amazing, fit perfectly. By the way Kathryn has made many a celebrity dress.

H
Hannah

Married on 07/29/2016

4.7

I couldn't fault Whirling Turban's amazing service! I chose a custom made wedding dress and although there was a lot of back and forth via email, this was to ensure that the fit was perfect... And it ... Read more was! The Whirling Turban team kept me in the loop on developments throughout. I could have chosen from a huge range of colours and options and they would have accommodated this for me. The dress was a little on the pricey side, but I think it's so worth it given the quality of the craftsmanship and design. Once everything was locked down, the delivery was pretty fast! If you want a wedding dress which is individual and stands out from the crowd, then this is the place! Thank you Whirling Turban!