White Black Photography

Williamsburg, VA · View map · Visit website

About White Black Photography

White Black Photography are artistic fine art wedding photographers for couples in the Hampton Roads to Richmond, Virginia area. A husband-and-wife team, Joel and Leah Martinson bring their creativity to the table to capture a couple’s wedding day. This duo believes in the beauty of natural poses, lines, and looks. They capture the ordinary in a way that is extraordinary. White Black Photography can work as two photographers or as a photographer and videographer for couples in the Richmond, Charlottesville, and Virginia Beach, Virginia areas.

As fine art wedding photographers and as a couple that desires to serve their clients well, they provide a smooth and stress free experience and are there to help every step of the way. From phone meetings, to venue meetings, they help create your custom wedding day timeline and upon booking they provide you with their very own bridal magazine that offers over 75 pages of tips and education about engagment sessions, their process, and photo planning for your wedding day. They are excellent communicators and love helping their clients feel comfortable in front of the camera. Details and a luxury experience are important to them not only in their photography, but more importantly in the services they provide.

This photography team blends contemporary with the traditional to create a natural style in each image that transcends time. The classic photographs couples will receive can also be shot in a film style through this couple’s lens. White Black Photography does everything they can to ensure they get all the shots. This includes working additional hours, traveling to multiple locations on a couple’s wedding day, only booking one event per day, and working with multiple shooters. Additionally, this photography couple prefers to work with couples for their engagement shoot before the wedding day, to build a relationship with couples and determine how to make them feel the most comfortable in front of a camera. Other services offered by White Black Photography include:

• Destination/travel
  • Hand-coloring
  • High-resolution images
  • Liability insurance
  • Toning
  • Wedding portraits

Other Services

Couples can receive their finished wedding photographs in a number of different ways from this photographer. All the images can be transferred to couples via digital files. Couples can also receive printed versions of their photos, in the form of:

• Albums

Featured
Jasline

Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing experience!!

Professional, timely, knowledgable, friendly, down-to-earth and fun are a few words that come to mind when we think of Leah & Joel at White Black Photography. We loved working with them from the ... Read more start! My husband and I are not picture people and tend to do awkward poses, but Leah & Joel have an eye for photography and know just how to pose! I wanted someone with great photography/ videography skills that wouldn't break the bank and WhiteBlack Photography was that and more!! We had our engagement photos in 90° weather and were hot and sweaty, but they stuck with us and got some amazing shots! Leah was prompt at every meeting and always ready to roll!! When it came to our wedding day, Leah and Joel arrived ready to work and that was good because I was so nervous! They knew there was a timeline and they stuck to it!! Our wedding party enjoyed working with them and felt like movie stars getting their pictures and video taken. Once we recieved our sneak peak, we were floored!! We were blown away because I knew we looked nice, but wow! You could feel emotion through the pictures and that was moving! I wanted our wedding pictures to tell the story of our love and I believe Leah and Joel captured that perfectly!! If you are looking for a wedding photographer/videographer, look no further, for White Black Photography is your company!! I will 100% use them for future family/special event photography!! I am so happy we chose to go with them and would do it again if we had to! Our experience was 100% positive for we could not have asked for a better photography company to work with. Book them now!

J
Jennifer

Married on 04/06/2019

Had a great experience with Leah and her husband. They captured our relationship in almost every shot! I’d recommend them to anyone in NC/VA! Read more Had a great experience with Leah and her husband. They captured our relationship in almost every shot! I’d recommend them to anyone in NC/VA!

J
Jessica

Married on 09/23/2018

Leah and Joel are absolutely amazing to work with! From my engagement pictures to my wedding day they made sure we were comfortable and stress free! My wedding day was so crazy and chaotic! Leah was a ... Read more blessing with helping me to stay calm and reminding me that it was my day to enjoy the next big journey in my life. BEST HUSBAND AND WIFE TEAM EVER!