Whole Weddings

Woodbury, CT · View map

About Whole Weddings

Whole Weddings has grown out of owner + designer Kendra Meany's love for art and nature. Based in rural Connecticut, the local landscape of rolling fields and wooded paths provide an endless source of inspiration.

We're big believers that wedding stationery should be the marriage of style and sustainability. Hand-drawn illustrations, bold typography, textural patterns and colors extracted from nature itself are the staples of our style. Our collections of invitations, day-of details, and post-event stationery are influenced and inspired by conservation of our natural resources.

Striving to use as many biodegradable and compostable materials as possible, as we continue to grow we hope to expand in that area. The core of our work utilizes handmade, plantable wildflower and herb seed paper. Through this material, we're able to capture something that gets lost in traditional stationery. Instead of throwing the paper away, it's able to get a second life in beautiful blooms. Giving us a deeper appreciation for where paper comes from (trees) and offering a physical connection to the earth that seems to be lessening these days.

Our approach to design is a conscious one, favoring the functional while eliminating the unnecessary. The postcard and tri-fold layouts of our invitations are intentional to eliminate the need for envelopes. Very rarely does something we create serve a single function, taking great pride in our "swiss-army knife" approach to the details. The wackier the idea the better! If there's a way to use an environmentally friendly material in a new and unique way, we're always game to explore it.

Our couples care as much about the environment as we do, spending much of their time exploring nature's wild landscapes, advocating for healthier options in their communities, and investing in their values. They are excited to give their guests unique stationery, that goes beyond just being lovely to look at but communicates with purpose and intention.

#lesswastemorelove has become our rally cry. In pushing the stationery boundaries bit by bit we hope to influence wedding culture towards zero waste. To be a voice for weddings that support local economies, come together for causes fueled by love, embrace ethical values and work towards weddings that change the world.

10 Reviews for Whole Weddings

10 Whole Weddings Reviews

Belinda
Belinda

Getting married on 10/13/2019

Phenomenal design and customer service

We searched high and low for an eco-friendly and creative invitation suite, and by some miracle I found Whole Weddings. Kendra is truly amazing. She has been there through every step of our stationary ... Read more stationary process. From design phone calls to making small design tweaks, to sending out the invitations using eco-friendly packaging to comprehensive directions on how to mail out our precious invitations, to being ready to send out a second wave of invites, and to helping us create the perfect stationary suite all within a reasonable budget, Kendra has been there and excelled in every way. I couldn't recommend her services enough!

K
Kristen

Married on 10/28/2018

Kendra was absolutely incredible to work with. I reached out to Kendra asking if she could create invites for my twin sister’s bridal shower. When I spoke with Kendra on the phone, I already felt like ... Read more she was a friend. She was warm, caring, and a total joy. Kendra heard every word, detail, vision, color theme, and adjective I used to describe my sister and the vision behind the theme of my sister's party. Kendra truly went above and beyond in a timely manner, creating something way more PERFECT than I could have ever imagined. She was an absolute joy to work with, in every way. I highly recommend her! She was worth every penny! In fact, I will DEFINITELY be reaching out to work with Kendra again, she was the BEST!

L
Laura

Married on 07/22/2018

I am madly in love with the wedding invites Whole Weddings designed for us! I scoured the internet looking for ideas and possible vendors, but everything I found looked the same. I wanted something ... Read more unique, with a story, and that carried meaning. The invitation is the first thing you send out to your guests to create the energy and tone of your wedding day. This should be special! When I found Whole Weddings, I knew I hit the jackpot! I instantly fell in love with the idea that our invitation wasn't just a piece of paper to be tossed into the garbage after the wedding ended, but could be planted so our love could bloom in the homes of those we love and care about. I highly recommend Whole Weddings if you are looking to start your wedding off with something truly special and customized to you!