Willoughby Haven

Barton, VT · View map · Visit website

About Willoughby Haven

Willoughby Haven is one of the most unique and beautiful places you will ever see. It has four private acres (it's tree-lined on both sides so you don’t see any neighbors) and has a 400-foot private beach and the lake and mountain views are truly spectacular.

We offer 3 Wedding Packages:

1) 1 Day for $7,500

2) 3 Days (and 2 nights) for $10,000

3) 5 Days (and 4 nights) for $12,500

The 3-day and 5-day packages include full usage of the entire 4-acre property including the seven cabins that sleep 30-36 people (plus use of the kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, etc.).

All Wedding Packages include a beautiful wedding tent (including the chairs, lights, tables and dance floor) that has space for up to 100 guests.

For weddings of 101-250 people we use bigger tents. For weddings of 101-150 guests there is an additional fee of $500 and for weddings of 151-250 guests there is an additional fee of $1,000.

We have six 2-bedroom cabins that have all been upgraded with new refrigerators, new stoves and new showers (each cabin sleeps 5-6 guests). The seventh cabin is a game room (with a pool table, ping pong and foosball) that can also be used by the groom and groomsmen pre-wedding.

Have your Rehearsal Dinner Overlooking the Lake and Mountains:

If you decide on the 3-day or 5-day package you can also have your rehearsal dinner overlooking the lake and mountains (we can even set-up picnic tables on the private 400-foot beach). This will be a unique experience for your family and wedding party while saving money.

Spend a Weekend at Willoughby Haven for Free in Advance of Your Wedding:

All couples who book their wedding at Willoughby Haven are given a free weekend in one of the cabins anytime up through June of their wedding year. Couples love this as they are able to experience the amazing property in advance of their special day.

Willoughby Haven is truly stunning in person so hopefully you and your fiancé can come for a tour!

Catering:

Willoughby Haven has preferred caterers, however, you are free to use your own outside caterer. We allow you to bring your own alcohol so that can save you alot of money.

Accommodations (for anyone not staying on the property):

There are many accommodation options along the lake (including an Inn that has room for 60 guests) for anyone not staying on the property. Plus, for larger weddings, the Burke Mountain Lodge is only 20 minutes away and can sleep up to 300 guests.

Wedding Season:​

Our season runs from June 1st through October 15th.

3 Reviews for Willoughby Haven

3 Willoughby Haven Reviews

G
Gabrielle

Getting married on 10/05/2019

Excellent People to Work With

Johnathan was extremely accommodating for my husband and I. He made sure that we had everything we needed. Johnathan and his staff make everything run as smoothly as possible. I could not have asked ... Read more for a better place to have our wedding. On top of the excellent staff, the view is outstanding! Recent updates to the cabins make the stay comfortable and relaxing. I would highly recommend this place!

J
Julia

Getting married on 07/20/2019

AMAZING service and perfect location

I would highly recommend Willoughby Haven! Jonathan, the owner, has been wonderful through the whole process! He has gone above and beyond what I could have possibly expected! I have really enjoyed ... Read more working with him this whole time. I had been considering Willoughby Haven previously and had talked to him on the phone while trying to decide on the venue. After initially really liking the look of it from online, I decided it was a bit out of the way for our guest to travel. My fiance and I had been in the area about a month later and just decided to check it out, out of curiosity. Jonathan happened to be there with his family, he welcomed us in (even though this was a completely unscheduled visit), kindly introduced us to his family, and showed us around. I think many other vendors would have turned us away in this situation but he was more than accommodating. I feel so good about renting the property from him. We instantly fell in love with the place and decided to do it then. I highly recommend this venue, you will not be disappointed with the spectacular views, amazing service, and wonderful charm of a weekend on the lake! Julia & Jackson

H
Heidi

Married on 09/15/2018

Willoughby Haven is a magical place! We rented the property for five days and had a small intimate wedding with close family. The views are stunning, the cabins are adorable and Jonathan and his team ... Read more are amazing. They helped me with anything I needed and made sure everything was how I wanted it! Ami helped decorate the arch and she did an amazing job! She went above and beyond to say the least! I couldn’t have asked for a better place to get married! The property has kayaks available, games, fire pits, grills, and plenty of seating - everything you need is there! I highly recommended Willoughby Haven to anyone looking for a magical getaway for their wedding!

Willoughby Haven FAQ