Willoughby Haven

Barton, VT · View map · Visit website

About Willoughby Haven

Willoughby Haven is one of the most unique and beautiful places you will ever see as the property jets out on the lake providing 180-degree lake and mountain views. It has four private acres with a 400-foot private beach on crystal clear Lake Willoughby and the views are truly spectacular.

You can get married on the huge pristine lawn, on the beautiful sandy beach (there is enough room on the beach for 200 guests to have their feet in the sand) or a combination of both. In addition, there is a church 1/2 a mile down the lake that you could get married in and then have your reception at Willoughby Haven.

Willoughby Haven is 2 hours from Burlington, 3 hours from Boston and 5.5 hours from NY City. We have enough space on the property to host up to a 250-person wedding.

We offer 3 Wedding Packages:

1) 1 Day for $7,500

2) 3 Days (and 2 nights) for $10,000

3) 5 Days (and 4 nights) for $12,500

The 3-day and 5-day packages include full use of the entire 4-acre property including the seven cabins that sleep 30-36 people (plus use of the kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, etc.).

All Wedding Packages include a beautiful wedding tent (including the chairs, lights, tables and dance floor) that has space for up to 100 guests.

For weddings of 101-250 people we use bigger tents and charge an additional fee:

• 101-150 guests there is an additional fee of $1,000

• 151-200 guests there is an additional fee of $2,000

• 200-250 guests there is an additional fee of $3,000

We have six 2-bedroom cabins that have all been upgraded with new refrigerators, new stoves and new showers. The seventh cabin is a game room (with a pool table, ping pong and foosball) that can also be used by the groom and groomsmen pre-wedding. In addition, our largest cabin can be used by the bride and bridesmaids pre-wedding.

Have your Rehearsal Dinner Overlooking the Lake and Mountains:

If you decide on the 3-day or 5-day package you can have your rehearsal dinner overlooking the lake and mountains (we can even set-up picnic tables on the private 400-foot beach). This will be a unique experience for your family and wedding party while saving money.

Catering:

Willoughby Haven has preferred caterers but you can use your own outside caterer.

Alcohol:

We allow you to bring your own alcohol so that can save you alot of money.

Accommodations (for anyone not staying on the property):

There are many accommodation options along the lake (including an Inn that is one mile from the property with room for 60 guests and one that is .5 of a mile away that has nine cottages that sleep 45 guests) for anyone not staying on the property.

Wedding Season:​

Our season runs from June 15th through October 15th.

Willoughby Haven is stunning in person so hopefully you and your fiancé can come for a tour! Our 2020 dates are starting to fill up so hopefully you can come for a tour soon!

5 Reviews for Willoughby Haven

5 Willoughby Haven Reviews

J
Featured
Julia

Married on 07/20/2019

AMAZING service and perfect location

I would highly recommend Willoughby Haven! Jonathan, the owner, has been wonderful through the whole process! He has gone above and beyond what I could have possibly expected! I have really enjoyed ... Read more working with him this whole time. I had been considering Willoughby Haven previously and had talked to him on the phone while trying to decide on the venue. After initially really liking the look of it from online, I decided it was a bit out of the way for our guest to travel. My husband and I had been in the area about a month later and just decided to check it out, out of curiosity. Jonathan happened to be there with his family, he welcomed us in (even though this was a completely unscheduled visit), kindly introduced us to his family, and showed us around. I think many other vendors would have turned us away in this situation but he was more than accommodating. I feel so good about renting the property from him. We instantly fell in love with the place and decided to do it then. The wedding weekend itself was amazing and I couldn't have imagined it going any better! There were little hiccups that came up along the way, and even though none of them were Jonathan's responsibility to take care of, he went way far above and beyond, I'm truly blown away. Jonathan is one of the most dedicated and hard working people I have ever met, he made this place into something it could not be just on its own, and that is saying a lot. He was there for anything we needed along the way and especially that weekend. We feel so lucky to have found and chosen this venue. The amount of people at our wedding that were not just amazed and impressed by the venue, but also by Jonathan, his attitude, and positivity was incredible. I highly recommend this venue, you will not be disappointed with the spectacular views, amazing service, and wonderful charm of a weekend on the lake! Julia & Jackson

G
Gabrielle

Getting married on 10/05/2019

Excellent People to Work With

Johnathan was extremely accommodating for my husband and I. He made sure that we had everything we needed. Johnathan and his staff make everything run as smoothly as possible. I could not have asked ... Read more for a better place to have our wedding. On top of the excellent staff, the view is outstanding! Recent updates to the cabins make the stay comfortable and relaxing. I would highly recommend this place!

E
Eva

Married on 08/03/2019

A Magical Place

We stumbled upon Jonathan's place on Wedding Wire and decided to check it out in person. We we new immediately this was place we wanted our wedding. Norm the ground keeper happened to be on site and ... Read more made us feel right at home, allowing us to tour the grounds and telling us all about the place. We didn't even look at any other venues. Since then Jonathan and his staf have been such a breeze to deal with, making themselves available to us whenever we need and keeping. We also stayed on site last May which only made us more excited to get married here in August.