Wolfcrest Photography

Fredericksburg, VA · View map · Visit website

About Wolfcrest Photography

Our primary work consists of weddings, engagements, portraits, and pets. You'll quickly realize that we are huge animal lovers and a huge chunk of our life revolves around taking care of our little home-zoo. We have an intense passion to capture classic romance with each wedding and the emotional connection with each portrait session. But to us, our job is more than just capturing photos – it is about being a part of milestone moments in the lives of others and we realize how lucky we are to be able to do so. So feel free to take a look around! Thanks so much for stopping by and we hope to have the opportunity to work with you!

36 Reviews for Wolfcrest Photography

36 Wolfcrest Photography Reviews

J
Featured
Jennifer

Married on 10/13/2018

The Absolute Best Photographer...and Person!!

If you're getting married in the Virginia/DC area - look no further than Sara! Sara did a beautiful job at my sister's wedding so when it was my turn, picking our photographer was the easiest decision ... Read more decision we had to make. And holy guacamole did Sara deliver. This is a long review, but I think it's only fair to elaborate on just how great she is. First of all, Sara is one of the sweetest people to work with (I feel like we'd be friends if we had met outside of this!). She makes taking lots of romantic photos with your significant other feel really comfortable and natural. And to make sure to adequately prep us, she sent us a guide book to taking good photos. There were so many helpful tips in there that we would have never thought of on our own. Before we took any pictures, she also got to know "us" (via Facetime) and our style which helped us feel comfortable with her and I think helped her pull out not only the best side of us, but also the "real" us while we were taking photos. For instance, at one point she told me husband to whisper 3 things in my ear to make me laugh...and she captured a great photo of it. The important part about this is that whenever I see that photo, I can remember what my husband whispered and that it GENUINELY made me laugh - it wasn't a forced or fake laugh, it was real. So that picture always makes me smile. With Sara, things just felt so effortless. We told her some things we liked and without ever having to push harder on it or say "well actually I was hoping we could do it this way"...she truly listened that first time and worked REALLY hard to capture what we were hoping to get (of course - in her classic/timeless style, which is exactly what we wanted). That made us feel so comfortable and confident in her ability to capture us the way we had envisioned, that we felt like we were truly able to let loose. The best way to exemplify this is that we really liked the idea of getting engagement photos in the snow, but also realized it's basically impossible to plan that. So we were set to do a weekend shoot in March, but we got lucky with snow on the Wednesday beforehand. Sara was so flexible she actually proactively reached out suggesting moving the shoot to Thursday to try and capture us in the snow before it melted away by the weekend (which it did). We were elated at the idea and immediately agreed! But we totally underestimated just how COLD shooting in the snow would actually be. There were strong 25 degree winds and all of our fingers and toes were frozen by the end, but Sara was a trooper and didn't complain once. Instead, she maintained an amazingly positive spirit and still made sure to capture the types of photos we told her we were hoping to get - including one overlooking a pond (which only meant venturing further out into the cold, wet snow). If we were with anyone else, we would have easily bailed on the idea because we felt so bad subjecting her to the cold...but she was encouraging and made us laugh while we were all freezing and was even willing to stay extra long to capture the perfect golden hour shots. We also had told her before that we liked warm and glowy photos with sun coming through. Mind you...it was a partly cloudy day and she STILL was able to capture several glowy shots! When we saw our engagement photos we were in awe of what we she was able to do. I didn't think it could get better than the engagement shots until we saw our wedding photos. She and her second photographer worked hard to get so many amazing shots...including incredible sunset photos, candids, party shots, details, first look, everything! We've received countless compliments on our photos and couldn't be more impressed/thankful to have had Sara capture our day. And to make the big day go as smoothly as possible, she sends each couple a questionnaire ahead of time to gather important details and so that you can specify certain pictures that you definitely want her to capture. In addition to the beautiful photos, she also creates an amazing blog with tons of photos from the shoots (engagement and wedding being separate) with write-ups that really make it special. The blog posts are easy to share with family and friends if you don’t want to send them the full album of everything that you receive. Her pricing is also reasonable, and for the excellent service she delivers, we just want others to work with her because of how much joy she brought to us! :)

M
Mary Flood

Married on 06/22/2019

Such a joy to work with!

Sara was an absolute joy to work with both in our wedding planning process and on our wedding day. From the beginning, she displayed superb organizational skills with her detailed timeline, ... Read more information guides, and photo shoot tips. On our wedding day she struck the perfect balance of being assertive, warm and composed to make sure everything went smoothly with our photos and our timeline. It was very clear that she genuinely cared that not only our photos turned out great, but that my husband and I wouldn’t feel an ounce of stress during our wedding day which I truly appreciated. My husband and I had never been professionally photographed before and she made us feel so comfortable and relaxed while taking our photos. They turned out GORGEOUS and we are so excited to continue looking through every single one! Sara truly has an artistic eye for capturing light in the most perfect way in her photos.

WagsToKray
Katherine

Married on 11/10/2018

Best Photography in Northern VA!

Working with Sara at Wolfcrest Photography was literally a dream come true. I had been following her work ever since she photographed my friend's wedding a few years ago, recommended her to another ... Read more friend so that I could see her work in action again, and swore that one day we would have her shoot our own wedding. When we got engaged, the very next day I was working to put that dream into motion. Wolfcrest Photography was the first vendor that I reached out to, before I even had a venue picked, as we knew the date we wanted to get married right away. Sara was very responsive. Even though we didn’t have a venue, so our date couldn’t have been 100% guaranteed, she let us know that she was available and would be able to book us once we confirmed with the venue. She sent packaging details, etc., all within 24 hours of my first inquiry. Once we locked down a venue, I confirmed with her within the hour. Our package included engagement photos, so we then worked on setting those up. I don't know about all of you, but the first few minutes of posing in front of a camera in public is awkward. Thank goodness for Sara's great direction and good humor - all of the weirdness faded away fast, and we were romantically posing like pros in no time. Our engagement session near home was perfect and everything we wanted it to be. She did a great job of not only visually capturing the moments, but you can really feel the moments when you look at her photos. We had a lot of people mention that they could really feel the love and laughter when going through the photos and I love that. Throughout the whole planning process, she was always on time, responsive (no matter how far in advance of our wedding the email was sent), and very organized. She laid out the timeframe for our wedding and it flowed beautifully. The wedding day photos were as much of a hit as the engagement photos – through every photo I remember exactly how happy I felt in that moment, which is truly magical. The bridal party and my family all commented on what a great job she and Carley, her second shooter, did. The golden hour light was beautifully captured and takes my breath away every time I look at this photos! I would hire them all over again, if given the chance. I will continue to highly recommend Wolfcrest Photography to anyone who is in need of a wedding and/or family photographer.