Woodburn Historic House

Pendleton, SC · View map · Visit website

About Woodburn Historic House

Woodburn Historic House is a historic home, museum and wedding venue located in Pendleton, South Carolina. Built in 1830, this gorgeous four-story plantation house sits on 10 beautiful acres. Couples can choose from multiple outdoor sites for both their ceremony and reception on this picturesque property. Woodburn Historic House, operated by the Pendleton Historic Foundation, looks forward to sharing in your special day.

Facilities and Capacity

Couples can accommodate up to 400 guests at this vintage-style venue. You can get married at this historic estate any time between April and October. A popular ceremony option is in front of the Victorian Carriage house. There’s a gorgeous brick patio and brick pathway leading to it for the bridal party to walk down. Another option is the front steps of the plantation house, or the spacious, open lawn at the back of the house. For your reception, you can dance the night away under their covered pavilion. This intimate space can accommodate up to 100 guests, and features ceiling fans and lighting. For grander affairs, you can use their front lawn which can easily be tented, and features a 19-foot by 19-foot patio that’s perfect for a dance floor.

This full-service venue offers multiple packages to choose from depending on your budget and preferences. Couples can rent the venue for anywhere from three to eight hours. There’s a bridal dressing room located on the ground floor of the main house, where you and your bridal party can start your day. It contains dressing racks and a large mirror. Your guests are welcome to tour the first floor of the house museum the day of your celebration. Additional services include:

• Event planning
  • Parking
  • Pet friendly
  • Event rentals
  • Recommended vendors

Cuisine

Woodburn Historic House works with Boulevard Catering for all of your catering needs. They’re a full-service catering company who offers additional services such as cake cutting, bartending services, cleanup and more. If for some reason they're not available the day of your wedding, you can choose another caterer with prior approval from the Foundation's event coordinator.

10 Reviews for Woodburn Historic House

10 Woodburn Historic House Reviews

Kaitlin
Kaitlin

Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue!

This was perfect for us! We loved the vintage and rustic look of the carriage house and the house. It was perfect for our wedding- we wanted simple but elegant and a place where we could have the ... Read more ceremony and reception at the same site. The carriage house was the perfect area to have the ceremony! It looked absolutely gorgeous and our guests loved it. We had a live band and spent the entire night on the dance floor! We wish we could live it over and over!

J
Jill

Married on 10/08/2017

My daughter and son-in-law recently got married at Woodburn Plantation and even with some rain, the venue was beautiful and very accommodating! I enjoyed working with The Floral Shoppe and Roger ... Read more Chapman created gorgeous flowers! The Boulevard Caterers were delicious! We highly recommend them all!

J
Jennifer

Married on 06/08/2013

Woodburn Plantation was the perfect location for my southern wedding! Jackie was easy to work with and met me every time I asked! (which was many times) I was able to take my bridal shots there as ... Read more well for no extra charge. My guests were wowed by the beauty of the home. The price was very affordable compared to other venues in the area. They were true professionals through and through. I even received my deposit back before I was even home from the honeymoon. The Woodburn made my wedding dreams come true!