Worsell Manor

Warwick, MD · View map · Visit website

About Worsell Manor

A historic wedding venue in Warwick, Maryland, Worsell Manor combines Southern charm with the elegance of a heritage manor house. Nestled amongst lush gardens, its rustic barn offers couples incredibly high ceilings and exposed wooden beams. Intimate in nature, Worsell Manor is the perfect choice for ready-to-wed couples!

Facilities and Capacity
With approximately 1,000 acres, Worsell Manor accommodates up to 190 guests. Couples have the option of choosing from three separate event spaces to host their ceremony and/or reception. NEW IN 2018 - We've added a 100x20 ft custom patio featuring a large covered awning, as well as a brand new Heating and AC Cooling system for yours and your guests comfort!

Worsell Manor offers couples a number of services and amenities to streamline their special day. Options include indoor and outdoor settings, an in-house bar and outside vendors.

Accommodation
Couples and their guests have the option of staying overnight in the on-site property known as The Manor. Said lodging offers six bedrooms, each of which feature detailed colonial woodwork and original beams for a truly rustic country feel.

History
Granted in 1683, Worsell Manor’s name can be traced back to Warwick, England, which was home to the Heath family. Early owners of Worsell Manor in the United States, the family hosted lavish parties which were favored by former President George Washington. According to architectural historians, it is one of the last remaining early Georgian houses in Cecil County.

Location
Worsell Manor is the perfect scenic location to host your wedding and/or ceremony. Located within 1.5 hours of numerous major mid-Atlantic cities, the venue is just 10 minutes from Middletown, Delaware.

20 Reviews for Worsell Manor

20 Worsell Manor Reviews

L
Featured
Liz

Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I got married here last month. Scott is great to work with and very laid back. Scott allowed us to visit the venue several times prior to the wedding and provided ample access in order ... Read more order to decorate and get everything ready. The venue comes with tables and chairs for the reception and benches for ceremony seating. They set up the tables and chairs according to the seating plan you create with the caterer. The venue is absolutely beautiful. We choose this venue because the scenery is gorgeous and has several outdoor ceremony locations, but in the event of rain, we planned to move the ceremony into the smaller barn. Fortunately the weather was perfect and we were married outside, but this was one barn venue that if it rained, I didn't feel like I was compromising my ceremony space. Go visit, you will fall in love. ** Note** If you book here and need hotel space, get your wedding block early. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Middletown. There are not many hotels in the area. By contacting the Hampton several months in advance, I was able to secure space nearby and got a lower rate for the rooms.

Colleen
Colleen

Married on 05/26/2019

Stunning grounds, amazing owner, perfect venue!

My husband and I knew we wanted to get married at Worsell Manor as soon as we drove up to the property. The grounds are unbelievably beautiful, from the historic brick manor house and the rose bushes ... Read more scattered around the property, to the stunning restored barn with wood from floor to ceiling. Once we met Scott, we knew we had to have our wedding there. I cannot say enough good things about Scott. He was so patient and understanding with me (and my crazy mother) throughout the entire year we had of planning. He was always available to answer any and all questions we had and allowed us to come visit the property what seemed like a million times before the big day so I could visualize all of my ideas in person. It was so relaxing being able to get ready in the manor house on the morning of our wedding, as well as coming in the day before to decorate in the barn and on the grounds. We didn't have to worry about finding a restaurant for our rehearsal dinner; we had it right in the granary barn on the property! Our entire experience with Scott and Worsell Manor was unbelievably amazing and one I will never forget. I know our guests will be talking about our wedding for years to come! Thank you, Scott, for everything!!

J
Joey Sarpen

Married on 05/04/2019

The perfect venue

From the moment I first toured Worsell Manor we were given nothing but the best service from Scott Millar. The venue was everything we dreamed of, and Scott was unbelievably accommodating. The pricing ... Read more was fair, especially since it includes access to the venue and the whole property for Fri-Sat-Sun, which was such a huge bonus to allow for set up and break down of decor for both the ceremony AND reception. The entire venue is gorgeous, with beautiful gardens all over the property. The main barn is spectacular, the lighting just adds to the ambiance. I loved that there was a backup barn option for inclement weather (which we thankfully didn't need). The whole experience was wonderful, and we couldn't have picked a better location for our wedding. Worsell Manor isn't just a wedding factory, so they care about your day and go the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect for you