Back to A Perfect Wedding Day

4 Reviews for A Perfect Wedding Day

E
Emily

Married on 07/30/2011

When I first thought of hiring a wedding planner, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was nervous and somewhat scared of what she would be like. In my head I had a picture of what I thought a wedding planner would be like- snobby, "hoity toity", judgmental. Lindsey was NOT like that. She was very down to earth, a real person if you will. She helped me so much, going above and beyond what I felt she charged me. If she wasn't available when I called, emailed, or texted her, she got back to me within an hour. Very dependable! She made my wedding day perfect! We had no power for 2 hours before the wedding until 10 minutes before the ceremony. She handled this with grace and kept everyone from completely freaking out! Thank goodness it came back on! I don't feel like I only hired a wedding planner, I feel like I've gained a friend. I highly recommend Lindsey!

S
Shannon

Married on 04/25/2008

Lindsay at A Perfect Wedding Day was a consumate professional who helped me SO MUCH on my big day! I had no worries in the world thanks to her. She really went above and beyond, even sewing up a ripped hem and babysitting a rogue flower girl! I highly recommend her for any and all of your wedding needs!
-Shannon

C
Courtney

Married on 05/06/2007

Great planner! Very flexible with me and listened to all my wants and needs and made it happen. My day came together beautifully!

Molly
Molly

Married on 05/28/2011

3.2

I hired Lindsey with A Perfect Wedding Day to be my Rehearsal and Day-Of-Coordinator. Overall we got a good value because she wasn't very expensive and she basically did the job satisfactorily, but not without causing un-needed stress on everyone which is NOT what a wedding planner is supposed to do!

The Good: Although I only hired her for the Day-Of-Coordination, she was willing to help me with anything I needed. She was willing to help me find rentals when we met, and her boyfriend even did our bartending for free! She helped with so much stuff on the day of the wedding, setting up the ceremony area, making sure everything was delivered and getting done, and coordinated at the reception to make sure we stayed on time. Her prices were also a lot cheaper than any other planner I had looked at, and if it wasn't for that we wouldn't have even been able to afford a planner.

The Not-So-Good: On the day of the rehearsal (the day before the wedding) she was over one hour late. Also, I wasn't even able to get a hold of her because her phone wasn't working. It hadn't been working for quite a while, and by the "message" you got when you called it, I think it had been shut off for non-payment. That was very stressful because I didn't even know if she was going to show up! I seriously thought I was going to be one of those cases where the planner takes the bride's money and skips town never to be seen again! She did travel over 2 hours and said they got stuck in traffic, but I feel that as the wedding planner they should have left way early and been the first ones to arrive. As the bride, I was left with everyone looking at me asking "what should we do? " and it was definitely not what a bride needs on the day before her wedding! I had to basically coordinate the rehearsal myself for fear that she would never come and we had to be at our rehearsal dinner so we couldn't wait long. When she finally arrived, the rehearsal direction was rather, unorganized. I didn't really feel that she was very prepared to direct it. Perhaps I should have given her more information, but as the professional, she should have asked for more and made sure she had everything she needed for the rehearsal direction. I also felt that she wasn't dressed very professionally for being the wedding planner. She was dressed VERY casual for the occasion.

If you are looking for a basic service that is not expensive, then Lindsey will do the job. But if you have more money to spend I'd use a different planner.

A Perfect Wedding Day's reply:

I admit that the rehearsal day was not the best because we were caught up behind an accident - but having left 4 and a half hours in advance - we did not know it would take longer than that for a 2 hour drive, and I did contact you and left a message, giving you plenty of notice that we would be arriving late.

I believe basing the review on the rehearsal only is a bit unfair - we went above and beyond for your wedding day. The package you paid for was for the rehearsal and the day-of-coordination - what you received was a full day of planning from 8 am til midnight. Plus I didn't charge you travel because I was trying to give you a price that would stay in your budget. Honestly, I should send you a bill for the issues and added things that came up because no one had the same information.

I received many e-mails from your family and friends about what a wonderful job was done and thanking me over and over - I am sorry that you didn't feel the same