Back to Alex Paul photography

P
Featured
Patrick

Married on 06/11/2017

I'm about to sound like Alex is either in my family or paying me money to write this review, but that's just how happy I am with the work that he did as our wedding photographer! My now husband found Alex's work early in the wedding planning game, and I regret that I took so long deliberating (meaning, obsessively revisiting photographer blogs! ) before deciding on Alex. This was one of the best wedding decisions we made, without question. In short, Alex not only outperformed all expectations in terms of delivering stunning photographs, he also made our wedding better by being there. He is relaxed, and kind, and managed to be everywhere at the same time without disrupting the natural flow of the day. Family portraits were executed with expert precision and efficiency before the ceremony, so that the whole party was ours to enjoy. He emailed us a brief collection of our best shots literally the day after the wedding (! ) and had the full collection to us a week and change later. Our only problem is that with literally hundreds of beautiful photos that documented real moments as they were unfolding but made them look like we had spent all day to get them so right, how are we to choose what to print? I also want to say that Alex takes his craft seriously and is so transparent, fair and reasonable in his pricing - after experiences with other vendors and I now see how unique and wonderful that is. You agree to a price and then he sets himself to ensure that you get exactly what you are looking for. He was wildly generous with his time - even driving an hour to meet us at the venue months before to take some pics and explore the grounds for best angles. I am so thankful to Alex and so glad that we trusted him with documenting this important day in our lives. Five hundred stars.
LZ + SC

Nicole
Nicole Riel

Married on 10/05/2018

Must Hire Cape/Boston Wedding Photographer!

My husband and I located Alex on the Knot in the early months of our wedding planning. We interviewed both Alex and one other photographer and were absolutely overjoyed at Alex’s portfolio, demeanor, professionalism and expertise. His world travels and accompanying photography spoke volumes up front, and were equally as impressive in practice. We cannot say enough amazing complements as to our engagement and wedding photos alike! Alex completely captured the essence of my husband (our puppy) and myself in every picture he took and captured some amazing candids from our wedding day. Alex was also very easy to work with in terms of direction and photographic insight. Having never taken professional photos together, Alex easily instructed us into each shot. The cost for his work is also very on point and we loved that he had a second photographer as well for the wedding date. If you’re looking for an amazing experience for the Cape or Boston area, you should absolutely consider Alex Paul Photography. It was one of our best decisions for the engagement/wedding memories!

Chris C

Married on 09/30/2018

One of the best wedding decisions we made

Amazing from start to finish. Responsive, attentive, professional, dependable, and perhaps most importantly, very artistically talented. The photos captured the vibe we were going for perfectly, and everyone who has seen them is blown away. Also just a really great person to interact with. You will be glad you chose Alex, as you will reap the benefits for a lifetime. Hope to work with him again in the future.

J & H

Married on 09/09/2018

We wholeheartedly recommend Alex. Choosing a photographer is one of the most important and therefore nerve-wracking decisions you make when planning a wedding. The day may pass in a blur, but the photos will be there forever to remind you of the big moments and the little moments that made up that special day.

We added to the weight of this decision by planning an ‘Unplugged Day’, not just for the ceremony but the entire event from arrival to departure. With no sneaky camera phones in sight, we were putting all our faith in our photographer to capture the day in the style and manner that we hoped for.

Alex was this person for us and we had confidence at every step that we had made the right choice. Style is personal and Alex’s photojournalistic style and adherence to ‘real’ colours was the look we wanted. We chatted with Alex before committing and met in person a few months before the wedding, both occasions showed that Alex’s confident but laid back approach suited our personalities.

On the day, he was prepared and efficient, switching between two cameras and various lenses. Our ceremony was outside, our reception was inside, we had a mix of static moments and high energy dancing. None of this phased Alex and the results speak for themselves: beautifully lit, framed and focused photos for each situation. We expressed a desire for candids and the in-the-moment photos of people beaming, laughing and enjoying the day are some of our favourites.

Alex post-processed the entire set of photographs in 9 days. This was an amazing speed and greatly appreciated as our ‘unplugged’ guests had nothing up to this point. We now have a wonderful set of photos to share and supplement our memories of the day.

G
Gabriela

Married on 08/26/2018

Choose Alex - best choice you will make!

I am so happy I chose Alex to be my wedding photographer! The photographs are stunning, Alex captured every important moment and many moments I never would have thought of. We have a large family (40 plus) that we wanted in the formal pictures and with Alex, the process was unbelievably fast and stress free. Alex worked efficiently to get us all of the pictures on our list, even ones we never thought we’d have time for. Everyone looks beautiful when Alex is behind the lens. Alex is the consummate professional and artist. I loved his style when I first saw his pictures and he did an amazing job listening to our priorities and the type of photos we wanted. I was nervous about finding a photographer because we had an orthodox Jewish wedding which has many particular traditions. This was Alex’s first time photographing some of these traditions but you would never know it looking at the picture. We also had Alex bring a second shooter who was as amazing as Alex himself and it was a pleasure to work with them as a team. Do yourself a favor and just choose Alex now!

ladybug
Catie

Married on 08/18/2018

Pleasure to work with!

You only need to look at Alex's portfolio to know that he is an incredibly talented artist. What may not be apparent from his (also beautiful) website is that is is a dream to work with.

From day 1, Alex was so easy to communicate with, asking all the right questions and sharing creative, fun ideas for locations near our venue that would be good options for additional portraits (and he was so right-- the locations he identified were fabulous and had some of the best shots of the day). He was very proactive and detail oriented, which helped to build out a clear plan and make the day move smoothly (which any bride and groom will tell you is crucial!).

Alex also was excellent at managing all the logistics and timing for family portraits and pre-ceremony photos. He got amazing quality pictures in such a short amount of time that we were able to stay right on schedule throughout.

And, of course, everyone on both sides of the family is beyond thrilled with the photos of the day. It's been difficult to pick which ones we want to include in our album-- so many fabulous shots to choose from! We are thrilled to have worked with Alex and hope to have opportunities to work with him again for other special family photo shoots in the future.

Thank you, Alex!

E
Erin

Married on 06/30/2018

Hiring Alex as our wedding photographer was easily the best wedding decision we made and we highly, highly recommend him. He is undeniably talented, but combining that gift with years of practice and persistence, evidenced by his impressive portfolio, is clearly what allowed him to achieve such a high level of success in the photography world. He is creative, inspired, and was dedicated above all else to giving us exactly what we envisioned. Not to mention, he has an infectiously upbeat personality, a great sense of humor and a calm demeanor that put us at ease. We completely trusted him and had full faith the photos would be beautiful. Honestly, he far exceeded all of our expectations and we are so blown away by the pictures. He fully captured the essence and happiness of that day in each shot and we are so thankful we chose Alex to crystallize these memories into remarkable pieces of art.

Chao

Married on 06/17/2018

We had Alex document our wedding day at Aldrich Mansion, RI two weeks ago, and we've already received all the finished photos! Yes, Alex is the kind of person that can "WOW" you on all levels. He's professional, accommodating, and provides amazing products with great service!

Alex has the talent to capture expressions and moments that only last seconds, he goes unnoticed while doing his work and he's able to capture everything! He's able to do amazing things with architecture, lighting, framing the shots and motion capture. We love the pictures as they were taken through our eyes! Alex was also a pleasure to work with. He guided us with simple instructions and tips to get the best photos. He makes everybody comfortable and the photos are just more natural than posing photos.

Alex is simply incredible! If you are looking for a professional photographer with this artistic style of documenting events, I strongly recommend Alex!

K
Krissy

Married on 06/02/2018

We booked Alex for our wedding held in Chatham, MA. Since we live in the Southeast, it made it difficult for us to have an initial face to face meeting. Alex immediately suggested a FaceTime call. He was so kind and seemed very passionate about his work and photography in general. We immediately knew he was the one we wanted to work with. Since we were not able to work out a time to do our engagement session, Alex suggested photographing our "night before the wedding" welcome dinner. It was the coolest thing we did by capturing that evening. Now we have photos from our entire wedding weekend. Alex can make anyone feel comfortable in front of the camera and goes above and beyond with his his creativity. It was such a pleasure working with Alex and I hope to be able to work with him again.

I
Isabel

Married on 05/04/2018

Alex photographed our early May wedding at Wychmere Beach Club and we could not be more happy and thrilled. His work is simply unbelievable, and we are absolutely head over heels in love with his photographs of our wedding.

Both Alex’s artistry and attention to people’s emotions and relationships is truly unique - we feel so lucky to have had him to document everything. Alex captured so many extremely special, joyous and meaningful moments and memories and we are incredibly grateful.

On top of it all Alex and his team (which included two other lovely and talented men named Alex! ) were an absolute pleasure to work with - they were easygoing when we were running late, worked incredibly well with our videographer, convinced us to go out onto a jetty in my dress for some truly one of a kind shots (and made sure the dress emerged unscathed! ), and even got a number of family members who do not like their photo taken to happily participate! We also received a set of amazing “sneak peak” photos the day after our wedding with everything else just two weeks later - having spoken to a number of friends about their experiences elsewhere, I understand that this sort of speedy turnaround is pretty much unheard of!

We are still very much in awe of how gorgeous the photos are and we cannot thank and recommend Alex enough - I can confidently say that you will not get more beautiful photos or a better experience anywhere. In my father’s words, “whatever you paid him, it wasn’t enough!”

N
Nick

Married on 10/25/2017

We hired Alex to come along with us to Iceland to help capture our day. When we first found Alex online we reached out to him and explained our plan. He was genuinely excited to go to Iceland again and immediately started to help develop a plan for the day.

We had never been to Iceland, so Alex's experiences and expertise were very welcome. He planned the perfect day; the natural waterfalls, a trip to Black Sand Beach, Troll Houses, and finishing off our elopement on Dyrholaey. We couldn't have been happier with the day as we were blessed with good weather.

Alex was very comfortable to work with. He was informative, attentive, talkative, and easygoing. Alex has a keen eye for details and is quick to find the shot that he wants.

Speaking of the shots, since this review is for a photographer we must also talk about the pictures. Alex's style helps encompass the surroundings, a trait that we were looking for. Why take pictures in Iceland if you aren't able to catch the natural beauty?

The pictures were ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. We are very happy with the way they turned out. Alex was able to capture us and our surroundings in a beautiful manner.

We enjoyed the day, we are very happy with the results, and we would wholeheartedly and undoubtedly recommend Alex as a wedding photographer.

Valerie
Valerie

Married on 10/14/2017

My advice for future brides.. Definitely choose Alex for your photos.. He is highly recommended..
My fiance and I just recently had our engagement session done by Alex.. And we are more then happy and amazed with his work. I knew from the moment that I booked him we were going to have an amazing outcome.. But once we got our photos back they were even more then Amazing! He was such a pleasure to work with and very professional. Alex made my fiance very comfortable with taking photos, which my fiance never really likes doing. We are well beyond thankful and there are really truly no words to describe how incredible our photos and experience was... I hope to work with with him again in the future.. And would definitely recommend him to anyone and everyone... You will get simply the best.! And if I could put more then 5 stars.. I would.. :)

A
Angela

Married on 09/30/2017

I'm an amateur photographer. For my wedding, I was hoping for a blend of artistic and intriguing photography that delivered timeless heirloom photos of our big day, that we could enjoy forever and share with family and friends.
Alex did an amazing job covering photography for our wedding, and without hesitation, I would recommend him to anyone looking for a talented, professional, even-keeled photographer to cover shooting your event. His pricing structure is transparent and fair, and the value of results is priceless.

When we first met Alex, the expert portfolio he brought spoke for itself. However, we were instant fans of his personality - his calm and even demeanor were particularly reassuring to me. Alex was incredibly patient and professional, even though on wedding day, the bridesmaids and I arrived a bit later than anticipated. He managed to corral myself (a stressed bride), my friends and family members to get all the right shots, and somehow managed to put us at ease to deliver the most gorgeous, rich, detailed, soft, flattering images that I've ever seen. My family and friends will not stop talking about our photos. They are truly the most awesome photos of myself, family, and friends that I'll probably ever have - which is what you want for your wedding, right? Alex was such a terrific choice. If you're on the fence about booking a wedding photographer, you won't regret contacting Alex - do it today!

Jacki

Married on 09/09/2017

Alex is a an incredible photographer. I tend to me very critical of the way I look in pictures and I was amazed at how Alex was able to capture my now husband and I looking happy and natural. If you are looking for artistic, high quality work, Alex is your guy! He's super easy to work with and has a very quick turn around from shooting to sending you pictures. For our engagement shoot and wedding, he sent us pictures the very next day!

Cate

Married on 09/02/2017

Alex was absolutely wonderful to work with on all levels! He was professional, accommodating, and provided high quality services and products throughout our entire experience. He is a true artist that captured a variety of moments, and told a story of our wedding weekend with his photographs! We would recommend him to anyone is any situation!

Alex Paul photography's reply:

Thanks so much Cate and Rochelle! You're a beautiful couple and very good people!

Jesica

Married on 08/25/2017

Working with Alex was the best decision I made for my wedding day (besides saying "I do" of course). He is an amazing artist, and really knows what he's doing. When I received my photos, I was so impressed. There were so many beautiful moments captured I would have otherwise totally missed. I highly recommend working with him!

A
Andrew

Married on 08/05/2017

Alex delivered to us a stunning and complete album of our wedding day. We were excited to work with Alex after seeing his website and photos, and he proved to be skilled, professional, and a joy to work with. Each of the hundreds of photos he takes is print-worthy. We met with him to discuss what kind of photography we would want, and he satisfied us ten times over. Alex was more than a documentarian. He directs, creates, and beautifully captures the joy of the day. And importantly, he does not miss a shot. We are so pleased to have had Alex at our wedding, and in the wake, we are endlessly grateful to have a wealth of photos by which we can relive the day. We enthusiastically recommend Alex.

R
Rita

Married on 07/24/2017

My husband & I were absolutely thrilled w/our experience with Alex Paul shooting our wedding. My review is long, so if you don't have time to read it, the take away is: excellent photographer, amazing photos, great guy. We had a small wedding in Chatham last month and choosing Alex as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made. I fell in love with his photography after looking at his website gallery & was impressed with how quickly he responded to my inquiry. His emails were professional and warm and the questionnaire he sent was thorough. Our ceremony was to take place outside overlooking the beach so when the weather ended up being miserable (cold and rainy and windy) we were pretty disappointed. We decided, however, to be optimistic, and proceeded with plans to wed outside. 30 minutes before the ceremony, when it was clear that blue skies were not in the plans, I told Alex that we we still going to brave the wind & rain and he was on board & actually excited. Knowing that our officiant, photographer & attendants were supportive of this decision, we embraced it. Though it was gray and extremely windy, he captured the joy & rawness of the moment. His photos of the ceremony told a wonderful, beautiful, loving and, at times, plain funny story. It was a pleasure having Alex at our wedding, he brought a great spirit and made the formal pictures, which can often be a drag, painless. He was a bit like a ninja with a camera,too - he captured moments w/out you even knowing he was there. We were so happy with him the day of, we knew from that the photos would be great, but when we saw them we were blown away! The moments he captured made us laugh and cry. Loved his unique POV & so grateful that we have these beautiful, sweet images from this day. We 100% recommend Alex as an extremely talented, professional, creative and committed photographer. He was warm, lighthearted and had a great energy, and with only 20 guests present, that really made a difference.

T
Tangi

Married on 06/13/2013

Alex is the BEST. We have lovely photographs of our wedding day that we will treasure forever. I cannot imagine hiring anyone else. He makes the photo session fun and it's a relaxing experience. I never felt like I was being photographed. The photos were amazing. Our photos were so wonderful, they were selected for a local bridal magazine and featured on the cover. You cannot go wrong by choosing this photographer. Stop looking for a photographer and hire Alex!

Alex Paul photography's reply:

Thanks Tangi! I so glad I met you in Florence!

M
Maria

Married on 09/06/2015

I wanted to share my incredible experience with Alex Paul. I am hoping that it will help some of you make this important decision! After a lot of research, we decided to hire Alex to photograph our elopement in Prague because of the quality of their work. However, while working with them throughout the planning process and the big day, we realized how fortunate we were to work with them because of so much more than just the quality of their work. Throughout the planning process Alex was incredibly helpful and always very responsive. He really took the time to get to know us too and helped me plan the entire timeline of the wedding day. He is true professionals. And, of course, the quality of the photos. We love our photos beyond what words can describe.

K
Kay

Married on 09/23/2017

We wanted to work with Alex after seeing his galleries and noticing how he was able to capture emotion as well as the overall feeling of the day. He did not disappoint. Our pictures are gorgeous and make me so happy every time I look at them. We joke that he must've spent the entire day running around because he captured so many vantage points and little moments from all over our wedding. Book him for your wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Cem

Married on 02/12/2016

Excellent Work and Flexibility, thank you ALEX! :)

F
Freda

Married on 12/10/2016

Alex is very efficient and professional.