Back to AvantGarden

M
Featured
melissa

Married on 03/11/2017

We got married at AvantGarden on March 11th, and it was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. Mariana is truly someone whom you can trust, and she will make sure your wedding goes smoothly and wonderfully. The week of the wedding I had to move my church ceremony to Avant due to the rain. I was so nervous and anxious but Mariana was able to work with my last minute changes and assured me it would be just fine, and it truly was. Mariana's staff was so kind and hospitable to me and my (130) guests, they catered to the potential bad weather, my tables and centerpieces were set up beautifully, & everyone LOVED the taco truck! It really poured at the end of the night and Mariana made sure all the decorations we brought were packed up and stored safely for us to take home. It was really nice to not have to think of that at the end of the night. Overall, I truly felt blessed that our wedding was able to be celebrated on this day at this venue as it was perfect, blessed and we really have Mariana & her staff to thank. Thank you so much! We had a blast!?

H
Helen Mcpherson

Married on 03/30/2019

This place is magical!

I can't give this place and Mariana enough praise! If you're looking for something on a smaller scale, that is artsy with a bit of historical charm, this is the place for you. I was a pretty low maintenance bride to begin with so I think that worked in my favor, I knew it would be gorgeous no matter what because the venue is just so freaking beautiful! Also, working with Mariana was a breeze. She showed us pictures of previous weddings she had done with different kinds of centerpieces, colors, and bouquets. I could tell that she had a good eye for things and that anything she put together would turn out better than what I could imagine. It was very easy for me to put my trust in her and the overall process.
When it comes to the food, you need to go with the taco truck. You'll get compliments on the food for weeks to come.
Mariana helped us coordinate everything the day of the wedding and kept us on track the entire evening from start to finish. We could not have done it without her and my wedding could not have been any more perfect! We can't to visit again for some tacos and sangria!

Jaclyn
Jaclyn Moreira

Married on 03/23/2019

This venue was everything I could have wanted. Great packages, great price, great staff!!

I could not say more about our experience. Avant- Garden has an amazing ambiance and great staff but Mariana is the key! She helps bring your vision to life and makes it happen! She made the process of planning my wedding completely painless. This was a one stop shop for ceremony, reception, food, drinks, flowers, dj- you name it. Their packages make the wedding planning process stress free. I couldn’t recommend this place more

Katie
Katie

Married on 02/16/2019

Avant was Amazing!

Mariana and her team made our day perfect! She is so organized and took all the stress off of us. I never felt like a detail would be missed throughout the entire planning process. She is extremely flexible. All of our guest had a great time and really complemented her staff. They were attentive and so friendly. The food was amazing and I would highly recommend the taco truck that is onsite. There isn’t a thing that I would have changed about my wedding and Avant made it possible!

Fliss
Felicity Adams

Married on 12/01/2018

Beautiful, stress-free amazing wedding

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at AvantGarden at the beginning of December (2018). From the planning to execution, the food and the venue, the atmosphere was great and everyone had a fantastic time. It was better than we could have ever imagined!
Mariana’s knowledge and experience as an event planner and ‘day of’ coordinator was invaluable to us. She took so much stress out of the wedding planning and organization and put together something that far exceeded our expectations. On the wedding day she kept everything running on schedule and even made sure that myself and the groom stopped to have something to eat. We didn’t have to do anything apart from enjoy our day and spend time with our guests.
The flowers and decorations really were both creative and stunning, my bouquet and the centerpieces were really amazing. We had the on-site taco truck cater and they were fantastic; the set up is really nice and the quality is outstanding – no one was left hungry and we received a lot of compliments.
The DJ was great and kept everyone entertained and kept the order of events moving along, the bartenders and service staff were friendly, attentive and professional!
We have been told by so many of our guests that they really had the best time and just how much they loved the venue, the food and the atmosphere - we only have Mariana and the AvantGarden team to thank for that as they really worked hard to make it amazing.
Thank you, AvantGarden, for making our day so memorable and special, for all of the right reasons!

Jessica
Jessica

Married on 11/18/2018

Amazing Wedding Venue for Ceremony and Reception

We got married this past January at Avant Garden and everything was perfect! Mariana really is a pro with making everything run smooth throughout the entire event. Everything from the ceremony to the dinner to the dancing and firework send off. Can’t wait to see all the pictures once they’re back from the photographer (: Would recommend Avant Garden to anyone looking for a beautiful venue with outstanding staff

T
Travis Clark

Married on 11/03/2018

AvantGarden is amazing!

AvantGarden is such a unique and beautiful place to get married. Mariana was so accommodating and handled so many of the little details, the decorations, the flowers, the DJ, everything went off without a hitch. The on-site taco truck and pizza oven were fantastic!

Thank you, Avant Garden, for the perfect wedding!

TEGE
Tege

Married on 10/27/2018

A gem in Houston

Avant Garden was the perfect venue for our wedding, The casual glamour and perfect location within Houston makes Avant Garden a rare gem. Mariana and her team are flexible for any requests and are always positive and helpful, responding to emails and meeting several times to iron out details. Our guests will not stop talking about how magical our night was. Highly recommend!

AvantGarden's reply:

Trudy thank you so much for the review! We enjoyed being part of your wedding. You're both wonderful. Best wishes!

J
Javier Balli

Married on 10/20/2018

10/20/2018 Wedding

My wife and I had our wedding here on 10/20/2018. We decided to do it at Avant Garden because we loved the venue's quaint and intimate feel, the cost was in our budget, and Mariana (owner) was very informative when we inquired.

Since neither of us had ever planned an event like this, Mariana made sure we had all our ducks in a row. We had communicated via emails, text messages, and meetings about the details of the venue. We simply talked to Mariana about what we wanted and she made it happen! She really paid attention to the style we were looking for and executed it perfectly. The only thing we had to arrange was the food (she gave suggestions), valet (we used her recommended provider), and the photographer. Mariana was also very flexible with our requests. She even allowed us to have our small dog present all night.

The day before the wedding we had a rehearsal and everything was pretty straight forward. On the day of we basically just arrived and Mariana and her staff were outstanding! Mariana handled all of the details flawlessly. The night could not have gone better, I would highly recommend Avant Garden.

Adela

Married on 10/14/2018

We're glad we choose this venue!

What an amazing venue! AvantGarden is beautiful and the service second to none. We knew we wanted AvantGarden for our special day, best decision ever. So many magical spots for romantic photos, we loved the vintage look of the venue. The food from the taco truck and their service was fabulous and all our guests were impressed by the humble yet absolutely delicious food. Real texmex. Would certainly recommend it for a wedding!

AvantGarden's reply:

Adela thank you for the beautiful review! It was our pleasure to assist you!
Best wishes from the AvantGarden Team!

Tiffany
Tiffany Norman

Married on 09/29/2018

Magical, beautiful, unique, fun

I am beyond thankful to have chosen AvantGarden as our wedding venue. It's a magical place with a lot of charm. The owner, Mariana, is wonderful to work with. She served as our wedding coordinator throughout the planning process, which was really priceless. She and her team truly made our wedding day magical and beautiful. They made all of the floral arrangements and my bouquet, and they were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. They also decorated the wedding cake, and it turned out so perfect. The venue itself is beautiful on its own, so there isn't much decorating to do. Perfect for the bride who doesn't want to DIY! We received SO MANY compliments on the wedding and the venue. All of our guests had a ton of fun, and they all really appreciated the unique atmosphere. Also, I highly recommend using the on-site taco truck for the catering. The food is delicious and all of our guests raved about the tacos!

T
Theodore Othrat

Married on 09/01/2018

perfect for our wedding

My husband and I were invited to a wedding at this place a year before we decided to get married. We were enchanted by the unique ambiance and the character AvantGarden has to offer. And even though we wanted to choose a different venue at first because we share so many friends with the couple who's wedding we attended, we just went with our instinct and booked it here. That was the right decision! We ended up with close to 200 guests. At first we were nervous about the large attendance, but it all went smoothly thanks to Mariana and her staff. Our only regret: not hiring the taco truck. Our friends did and their food was much better than the expensive catering we chose. Everything was beautiful. We strongly recommend AvantGarden!

AvantGarden's reply:

Theo, thank you so much for the nice review! It was a pleasure to assist you both with your wedding! Best wishes from the AvantGarden team!

N
Noney

Married on 08/25/2018

We recently had our wedding at this location and I wanted to review this venue while all the details are still fresh in my mind. Mariana, the venue owner is fair and honest. She works hard for your event making sure it flows as perfectly as possible. My wife and I had very little financial help, paying for our own wedding. Mariana allows payments over the entire span of the booking which made our lives so much easier. I found the most important part of this process was to be working with someone who communicated well and who truly loved their work and was not all about dollar bills. The DJ played all songs from our list and people danced their butts off. The flower arrangements were breathtaking! We hired Mariana to do all of our decorating. Our guests kept raving about the coolness of the details! The AvantGarden staff were amazing, courteous and constantly attentive, specially Mariana’s daughters! This venue sells itself. It’s a neat old historic mansion in the heart of Houston with a unique bohemian flair. The parking lot is small but as per Mariana’s recommendation we hired the valet services, and everything went smoothly. If you want an easy and beautiful wedding call AvantGarden! We’re happy we had ours here! Marcel and Noney

AvantGarden's reply:

Noney and Marcel, I had a great time assisting you with your wedding. You are a funny and fun couple. I hope you come back to visit! Congratulations and much happiness to you both!

Serggg
Serggg

Married on 08/10/2018

Test test test test test test test test

Test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test test

L
Lindsey

Married on 06/22/2018

Our wedding at AvantGarden was absolutely incredible. This venue is unique, fun, and memorable, and Mariana is just fantastic and was extremely flexible in working with us. Our 65 guests seemed to really enjoy themselves and the all loved the food (I definitely recommend the taco truck; delicious and a great price).

AvantGarden is such a cool place - once you step into the garden canopy in the back of the house, you will quickly forget you are on busy Westheimer. Aside from one fire truck, I did not notice any road noise at all. There are so many different areas for guests to explore and enjoy (upper balcony, front patio, upstairs dance floor, downstairs, etc. ) and the whole place was decorated beautifully.

My husband and I began wedding planning 2. 5 months before the date, so we chose to go with the most inclusive package. We trusted Mariana's artistic and professional judgement - and I am glad we did because she delivered a wedding even more beautiful than we could have imagined. She also recommended a number of vendors (food truck, photographer, hair&makeup) who we used for the wedding and were extremely happy with their services as well.

We got married at the end of June and even though I was worried about the heat and humidity, we had lots of fans running during ceremony and the outdoor dinner, but I never once felt uncomfortable (and I didn't hear any complaints from my guests, either. ) Just make sure if you have someone videoing your ceremony, they are prepared for the loud fans and can filter the noise out when editing.

We had a couple hiccups with the DJ who was backfilling for the regularly scheduled DJ, but Mariana was on top of the situation and kept the event running smoothly all night. Other than that, everything went perfectly.

If you are looking for a venue that is both offbeat and beautiful, I highly recommend checking out AvantGarden. We couldn't be happier with our experience.

J
Jodie

Married on 06/02/2018

Mariana was amazing! She was easy to work with and taliored the event perfectly for our personalities and needs.

AvantGarden's reply:

Jodie, thank you so much to take the time to write a review! It was a pleasure to assist you with your wedding! Cheers!

L
Lisa

Married on 03/30/2018

My entire wedding planning experience was amazing thanks to AvantGarden. With the owner Mariana, I felt like I had a personal wedding planner and director without the price tag of one. The venue was reasonably priced and completely all inclusive... I literally only had to order the cake to be delivered to them and drop a couple personal items off to her the day before that we wanted included, she did EVERYTHING else! The venue was beautiful! We also hired the on site taco truck for our dinner which was the hit of the night. The food was amazing! Everyone said the bartenders had heavy hands as well ;) Mariana was very attentive to all of our needs and the night ran perfectly! Such a fabulous, beautiful, and unique venue... You will not regret choosing AvantGarden!

K
Kristine

Married on 03/24/2018

Everything we wanted and more

We had our wedding and reception at Avant Garden in March 2018. While we knew what we didn’t want in a wedding venue, we weren’t completely sure what we did want - until we visited Avant Garden and met Mariana. We had no intentions of hiring a wedding planner and were starting from scratch, but Mariana was reassuring and invested in making our day special in our own way from day one. The wedding packages she offered were customizable to meet our needs and budget, and Mariana was accommodating to all of our questions and special requests throughout the planning process. On the day of the wedding, the venue looked more beautiful than we imagined it would, thanks to the additional decorations and touches from Mariana and her team. The back patio setup was perfect for our 118 guests. We chose to keep the dance floor outside, which worked out very well and kept our non-dancers entertained all night long. Everyone loved the onsite taco truck, which catered our dinner with delicious food that our out-of-town guests are still talking about. Mariana and her team didn’t miss a beat that evening - constantly working to make sure we were sticking to the schedule, flipping the setup from the ceremony to the reception, clearing plates and even working with the mariachi band we added at the last minute. Our wedding day ended up being everything we wanted - welcoming, beautiful and so much fun - thanks to Avant Garden.

Robin
Robin

Married on 03/17/2018

Wedding Dream

Avant Garden was everything I imagined it to be. Mariana was great to work with, very responsive and on point with the details needed for a wedding. She turned everything we envisioned into our reality and made our day extra special. The taco truck was a huge hit, the music and atmosphere has been raved on for days. I would do it all over again and again.

Houton
Houton Boyer

Married on 12/31/2017

A New Year's Eve Wedding

This place is amazing on a regular basis but my wife and I had our wedding there two days ago and it was A.MAZ.ING.

Even with two other weddings that weekend, Mariana and her staff gave us super personalized attention and kept the event flowing so seamlessly that we really got to enjoy our party.

We had ~150 guests and it never felt crowded inside or out. The house has so much depth and history that our guests were never bored. During our toasts, the DJ moved upstairs and we hailed our guests to follow, really allowing everyone to let loose and have just the best party. While we lost our minds on the dance floor, Mariana and her team consolidated everything we needed to take with us.

This was our day and we could not be happier that we spent it here.

D
David

Married on 12/01/2017

Such a quaint, romantic and intimate location! We had our wedding here, and the coordinator, Mariana, did such a great job pulling it all together. She gives you lots of options, and is very flexible when it comes to using your own services, etc. In the end, we had a fantastic time and couldn't ask for a better wedding venue, and all of our wedding guests said nothing but good things about the venue. Definitely recommend!

Ashley

Married on 11/24/2017

The venue director takes your experience seriously. Making sure you are having the type of event you personally desire is her number one priority.

Andrew

Married on 10/14/2017

Great venue! Was there for one of my friend’s wedding. It was beautiful and outside with twinkling lights. The food from the taco catering truck was delicious. I had a great time, and my friend was very happy with her wedding.

Grayson
Grayson

Married on 10/14/2017

Avant Garden

Planning a wedding with Mariana at Avant Gardens was like a breath of fresh air. She shared her expertise and ideas how to create the wedding vibe my daughter described and then implemented the plan to the last thoughtful detail. And when we had a larger crowd than originally anticipated, she was very flexible and made the changes that allowed the intimate feeling to remain. Avant Garden provides full wedding services that removes the stress of wedding planning from coordinating with the food truck to creating unique flower arrangements for the tables and wedding party and the adding special touches that made the wedding envisioned in my daughter’s head a reality. Thank you for a wonderful wedding experience!

E
Elaine

Married on 09/30/2017

Avant Garden could not have given us a more beautiful wedding. From the very beginning, I felt very comfortable working with Mariana and having her help us create a magical day. Everything from the decorations to her advice on what would work best, to simply the communication was beyond what I expected. Leading up to our wedding day, Mariana kept me updated during Harvey and assured me that everything was fine, and was very helpful if I changed my mind on little details along the way. The day of our wedding she was so calm and sweet, I felt really lucky to have chosen Avant Garden for our wedding. It is a venue that my husband and I both have a connection to, we met there many times before we started dating and this is a very special place for us. We were so happy to have been able to share our magical day here with Mariana.