Reviews
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Sara
Working with Steve and Rita was a pleasure from day 1 - they are talented, friendly, creative, and fun! They were super easy to work with and always made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We loved doing our engagement shoot with them - especially their enthusiasm for including our dog in some of the photos :) They both have great energy, tons of creative ideas, and an eye for what will look beautiful - you can tell that they are committed to making everything perfect and they work so well together. Our wedding photos are absolutely STUNNING - they perfectly captured the magic and love that day. In addition to being amazing photographers, they are also all-around fabulous people - we are so thankful that they were a part of our wedding team!!
Wedding: 05/28/2024

Kaitlin
Bakerture is amazing! Bakerture shot our engagement session last year and our wedding day back in June. We were so comfortable with Steve behind the camera. He made us feel comfortable and relaxed which lead to great photos. Pictures were fun, family photos were painless, and we got all of the shots we requested. Our entire day was captured beautifully: getting ready shots, detail shots, the ceremony, wedding & family photos, and big moments from the reception. We loved seeing sneak peeks of our photos on Instagram and we had all of our wedding photos within the promised amount of time. We are so thrilled with all of our pictures and it has been so much fun to relive our big day as we share photos with friends and family. We are so grateful to Bakerture for capturing our wedding and we are in love with all of our photos. I highly recommend Bakerture for their high level of professionalism, how easy they are to work with, their attention to detail, and their high quality and creative shots. We have so many favorite photos that it's hard to narrow it down! Thank you Steve & the Bakerture team!!!
Wedding: 06/23/2018

Emily
STEVE AND RITA ARE AWESOME!!! I was on the hunt for a wedding photographer and came across Bakerture on Instagram. I liked what I saw, so we scheduled a consultation. Once my husband and I met Steve and Rita via Facetime, I knew it would be a match made in heaven. Steve and Rita were extremely easy to work with. They were always available to answer any questions we had, were very prompt in responding to my emails and accommodating to our schedules, and went above and beyond to make our photography experience one-of-a-kind. Steve shot our engagement shoot at the National Gallery of Art. He was fun to work with and helped my husband and I loosen up and enjoy the moment. As a result of this, he got some shots that took my breath away once I saw them. Steve and Rita both shot our wedding, and I CANNOT WAIT to see our wedding collection. They worked well with all of the quirky personalities in our wedding party (including the anxious bride) and a wedding-day timeline that got completely off track. They rolled with the punches and were still easy-going and understanding through it all. I can’t thank Steve and Rita enough for all the hard work they put into capturing our special day and would recommend their services to anyone without hesitation!
Wedding: 05/11/2018

Kara
We cannot say enough good things about Steve and Rita. We met over a cup of coffee and knew right away we wanted them to be a part of our wedding. They helped us pick a handful of locations for our engagement photos and they came out lovely.The husband and wife team work together so well. While we were focused on our portrait shots being taken by Steve Rita circled us and took candid shots that were absolutely beautiful. They were an absolute pleasure to work with and so much fun! Our bridal party and family enjoyed working with them as well! It never felt like we were posing and forced to stand or smile a certain way, everything felt very natural and it really comes through in the pictures. We really enjoyed our experience working with Steve and Rita and would highly recommend them as photographers.
Wedding: 04/26/2018

Sarah
Rita and Steve at Bakerture are amazing! What a perfect team! They are passionate, listen to what you want, and are highly talented. I would recommend hiring both for your wedding. Steve spent a couple hours with the groom and groomsmen, while Rita spent the time with myself and my bridesmaids. I would also recommend having them take your engagement pictures as well. It helps to get to know each other, so you are more comfortable getting pictures taken...although they love for you to be natural and capture those special natural moments. So many groomsmen came up to me and raved about how great Steve was with the guys. Rita came on the shuttle with myself and bridesmaids from our getting ready location to the venue. She was our hero when the air conditioning wasn't working (on a HOT day), and she somehow got it working when the driver didn't know how! Rita was also like a ninja during our reception! Whenever she saw a moment happen on or off the dance floor, she was there to capture it. We couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Bakerture! Great photography is worth every penny!
Wedding: 08/19/2017

Meghan
Steve and Rita shot our engagement photos as well as our wedding earlier this summer. We hired them because we really liked their photojournalistic style and it was clear from their work that they produced amazing photographs. We quickly found out that they are two of the most talented and nicest people we've ever met! Right from the start, they made us feel so at ease! Before our engagement photos, my husband and I had never taken any professional pictures together so we were relieved to have the guidance on posing from Steve and Rita. All of their suggestions felt very natural and they also had a good eye for interesting photos. We had fun during our session and were very pleased with how beautifully the photographs turned out. Leading up to the wedding, Bakerture was always accessible and responded promptly to any emails I sent their way. Their flexibility and input on my various questions was greatly appreciated. On our wedding day, I was so impressed with how professional yet fun and enthusiastic Steve and Rita were. She and Steve helped us keep to our timeline exactly, without ever feeling stressed. Not only are they great photographers, but they were great at making the day as easy and comfortable as possible for us! They truly went above and beyond just their roles as photographers. They did a great job of being accessible but also blending in. With everything going on during the reception, I was rarely aware of being photographed but whenever we wanted a group shot of our friends, Steve or Rita was right there to capture the moment. We were so happy with our portraits and also the candids of our guests. Whenever we look at the photos, we feel like we are in the moment again, and we have enjoyed seeing pictures of things we missed that day. We received many compliments on our wedding photos, and can't wait to hang them in our home and cherish them forever. We cannot say enough good things about Bakerture!
Wedding: 07/09/2017

Christina
What can I say about Steve & Rita...an amazing couple with tons of talent. Hiring them was definitely one of the best investments we made for our wedding day! I met the power couple behind Bakerture Photo & Video while at a local bridal show and when I came across their booth, I knew I had to stop and talk to them. In our search for a photographer, we came across many great options, but our connection with Steve & Rita just couldn't compare. It was so easy getting to know them and they made me and my husband feel so comfortable during our engagement photo shoot that by the time the wedding day rolled around, it was a piece of cake! They have such an eye for detail and aren't afraid to experiment with unique and different shots. It felt like we'd known them for years, and they went above and beyond to help make our wedding day special. Rita was like an honorary sixth bridesmaid, as she was quick to help out when I had a false eyelash situation (accidentally yanked it off right before our ceremony!!) and helped take care of a need I had during our reception dinner when I couldn't get anyone else's attention. As a wedding planner myself, I will definitely be referring future couples to Bakerture Photo & Video. Hands down best decision in hiring them as our photography team!!
Wedding: 04/29/2017

User5622944
Steven and Rita made our first professional photo shoot a very positive one. They were especially accommodating to our location and time preferences and made the two hours we spent with them worth our while. They had awesome suggestions for shots, while also allowing for our input. We love the engagement pictures we got back--Thank you guys so much!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Photography
Thanks Kelly! We had such a great time hiking in Thurmont for your engagement session!

Lauren
My fiancee and I loved working with Steve on our engagement photos back in November. I wanted them done at the National Mall and he was more than happy to meet us at sunrise on a cold Saturday morning so we could get as many shots without the crowds. We are not very photogenic but Steve made us feel comfortable and natural in all of our poses and the pictures came out AMAZING!
Wedding: 10/15/2016
Services Used: Photography
Thank you Lauren! You guys were awesome to work with on that cold morning in DC : )

Melanie
I don't even know where to begin. Beyond anything I could ever hope for in photographers. Steven and Rita were absolutely AMAZING throughout the whole process. From the first meeting up until the last picture taken they were phenomenal. Rita is so bubbly and so fun. From the moment she stepped into the venue the day of the wedding she was so enthusiastic and excited. It was so nice to have that kind of energy around you during a somewhat stressful/nervous/CRAZY time! Steven is one hundred percent a calming element through the day. His energy is so laid back. Which is definitely needed when you have a hundred people wanting to take pictures and hug you hahah! Together, they are without a doubt a power team. Throughout the day, and even more so now I have family and friends rave about them both. First being how attentive they were to every little detail during the day. They somehow managed to capture the essence and personality of 150 people between the two of them. And now we got our final shots back last night.... There is no words to express how good they are. Every word that comes to mind feels like an understatement. With every picture we feel like we are back in that moment. Working with them was one of the best decisions we could have ever made. Now we have these beautiful pictures to last us a lifetime.
Wedding: 09/24/2016

Victoria
Steven and Rita were such a pleasure to work with! I spoke with Steven on the phone and from that moment I knew I wanted him to capture our special day. Him and his wife work so well together and I loved that about them. We just received our pictures from our wedding day and they are absolutely gorgeous. They captured moments that you wouldn't even think you want captured but it helps to remember the day. One picture in particular that the bride absolutely loves is the picture of my grandmother from Poland, who traveled for the wedding, wiping her happy tears in my parents kitchen. I will be able to cherish that picture forever and I am so glad they were there to capture it. I have gone through them about 20 times now since we received them. They were a wonderful couple to work with and I am glad they were a husband and wife. They were able to tell each other what they think and it was very blunt but I loved that about them and they both are so talented in their picture taking.
Wedding: 09/05/2016

Bethany
Bakerture Photo & Video did an amazing job shooting both our engagement and wedding. In a high stress environment, they were a calming presence. They wanted our pictures to look as good as much as we did, and as a team they got us both the traditional shots and also unique ones that showcased their artistic side in a really great way. We’ve received so many compliments on how the photographs turned out. My husband and I could not be happier, thank you Steven and Rita! In my husband’s own words: "Steven and Rita were very cool people. I'd drink beers with them, for sure."
Wedding: 04/16/2016
Services Used: Photography
Thank you! We'd drink beers with you guys for sure too : )

Hemal
To all the couples out there: the Bakerture team is extremely talented, flexible and delivers great work. The best part was their enthusiasm in getting to know us and making us feel comfortable before the photoshoot. Great value for money and we left feeling like we had fun with them!
Wedding: 01/26/2016
Services Used: Photography
Thank you Hemal! We had such a great time with you and Mit in DC!

Samantha
Bakerture did a great job shooting my late September wedding at my home church. People LOVED the photos I had recieved and even made comments during the wedding about how involved both Steven and Rita were. A lot of people asked how did I even find them! My husband was really happy as well suprisingly since he was not big on wanting a whole lot of pictures. I gave them both quite a timeline and they got so many shots I thought we would have to skip due to timing. Even when the sun went down it was no problem. I got beautiful night time shots! I highly suggest them especially if you are wanting excellent quality in both customer service & special pictures. Very professional and I love how the pictures did not turn out looking like every other photographers type of work. :)
Wedding: 09/26/2015
Services Used: Photography
Thank you so much Sam! We had such a great time meeting your family and shooting your wedding : )