Back to Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom

80 Reviews for Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom

Featured
Christine

Married on 10/05/2013

We got married at Barr Mansion in early October 2013 and it was a fantastic experience. Barr provided us with everything we wanted in a venue: gorgeous grounds, a unique ballroom, delicious food, and an amazing coordinator.

The old Victorian house has such photogenic interiors and exteriors, which really gave the photographs an antique charm. When people see our photos, they always ask us where we got married because of how unique the spaces are especially for Texas. Guests also raved to me about the food, especially the beef tenderloin so I highly recommend having that on the menu. You can't go wrong with the food at Barr-- that part is taken care of if you book there.

One of the biggest perks of this place is that it comes with a coordinator, which in retrospect, I couldn't imagine the day without. Elyse, our coordinator, was the absolute best-- she's so organized yet low-key and efficient; plus, she's such a great person to be around and it made the wedding day all that more smooth. I miss working with her already.

Overall, Barr Mansion is a great place to get married in Austin if you're looking for something less conventional than a hotel reception and more elegant than a ranch. Plus, your photographers will thank you!

Uptown
Uptown Drive

Married on 06/07/2019

Our Austin wedding band LOVES Barr Mansion

What a venue! Our Austin wedding band, Uptown Drive loves every chance we get to play live music at this beautiful southern gem. It is the perfect setting for any wedding or special event with its outdoor space & greenery. We love Barr Mansions rich history and the stunning ballroom that is perfect for event entertainment. The ballroom has a large event space for a dance floor, which was packed all night long. We can't wait to play here again!

LeAnne

Married on 03/16/2019

Could NOT have asked for a better experience!!

The Barr Mansion and their staff were incredible. I found this venue about 4 years ago, got engaged in August of 2017, and fell in love all over again with the Barr Mansion in January 2018. Our day-of coordinator, Cori, was nothing but helpful, punctual, and responsive - a true professional! She kept my dreams and vision in mind throughout the process and made sure that what I wanted was the focus. On the day of our wedding, there was no place else I would have wanted to get married and commit my life to the man I love. It was the PERFECT day and a lot of that is credited to the Barr Mansion and the staff. I heard from family and friends that the food was delicious, the staff was kind, the bar service was fast, and I considered it a good thing that I only saw Cori a few times throughout the day. If I had seen more of her, it would have meant that things had gone wrong, but of course, Cori handled the flexible schedule of the day and evening, she made sure we all had enough time for each part of the night (dinner, dancing, eating dessert, etc.). She was amazing, the staff was amazing, and the service was truly unmatched.

Married on 11/03/2018

Best venue we could have ever asked for!

Working with Barr Mansion is working with the dream team. Their whole staff is impeccable, from when you first show up for an open house to when you leave for your sparkler exit. Barr Mansion provided us with the perfect wedding. The grounds are stunning, the food and the desserts (including your cake) are phenomenal, and the day-of-coordination is top-notch. We requested things above what Barr Mansion was required to provide and they met every need with a smile. We worked with Mia as our coordinator and she is just the sweetest and most professional person. She handled everything with poise and promptness and made our wedding go off without a hitch. She even helped set up all of the extra decor that I personally made (including furniture such as a beautiful vintage desk that I own!). If you are considering hiring Barr Mansion for your wedding - go for it! It will be the best experience you will ever have.

Laurie

Married on 10/27/2018

Best wedding venue in Austin!

We looked at several other venues in both Austin and Dripping Springs for our daughter’s wedding. But from the moment our daughter and her then fiancé saw Barr Mansion, I don’t think they seriously considered anywhere else. Barr Mansion had the Austin “vibe” that they were looking for and the grounds were unbelievably beautiful!
Cori was our coordinator and she was WONDERFUL! A calming presence for this first time MOB! All of her recommendations pre-wedding were spot on and she was so helpful in answering all of our emails in a timely manner. The day of the wedding she helped everything to run so smoothly and helped solve any minor hiccup so quickly and professionally that we all could just enjoy the day.
We were lucky with the weather, and the ceremony under the big tree was even more beautiful than I had imagined. But Barr Mansion also has plenty of room indoors for both the ceremony and the reception, which was very important to me. All of our guests commented on the beautiful grounds, the delicious food (the PB&J cake was a huge hit! ), and how smoothly everything ran. We couldn’t be any happier with our choice. Thank you to everyone at Barr Mansion, and especially to a Cori, for giving our daughter and now son the wedding of their dreams!

Nate

Married on 06/02/2018

The most important day of our lives was made infinitely better by the awesome staff of Barr Mansion. Cori was a rockstar, and made sure that the timeline we had agreed to beforehand was followed precisely. The venue is maintained beautifully, and the food was beyond our wildest expectations. There is absolutely no doubt that Barr Mansion was worth every penny spent.
Make sure that you attend their Open House events where you are introduced to some of their preferred vendors! Barr Mansion is the best, and they work with extremely talented individuals who make your big day the best it can be. Nothing but rave reviews for Cori and the rest of the team from my beautiful wife and I!

J
Jocelyn

Married on 05/27/2018

Barr Mansion was absolutely perfect! We picked out the venue when we were working out of state so we booked without visiting it. When we visited it for the first time we were so happy with our choice. The planning process was so easy and stress-free due to them providing the catering and furniture. We also felt at ease knowing that they do weddings all the time. They are truly wedding experts! The actual wedding day completely surpassed our expectations. It was more beautiful than we could have imagined! The staff was so friendly and treated my husband and I with so much attention and care making sure that we always had a drink in our hand, food if needed, and were comfortable. All of our guests complimented us on how amazing the wedding and venue were.

D
Darren

Married on 01/26/2018

We could have not been more pleased at how absolutely awesome our coordinator Emily made this venue to be the most perfect wedding ever. Me and my wife Laurie have been told by many guests to our daughters wedding how they have never been to such a awesome and perfect wedding. Thanks, Laurie and Darren Lofton ( Doty Wedding 1-26-18)

Cara

Married on 11/03/2017

Barr Mansion is a breathtakingly beautiful space. I fell in love from photos online and when I pulled up to tour for the first time I almost cried pulling in the parking lot! I knew it was the place. Our sales contact Caroline was a dream to work with throughout the entire process, and happily answered any random questions we had. Our coordinator Aislinn was the absolute best and we couldn't have pulled it off without her! She was very attentive and really made sure our ceremony felt like "ours" and didn't bat an eye at any of our non-traditional ideas. I truly cherished having her help us pull it off seamlessly. The head chef was super accommodating, creating an absolutely decadent vegetarian menu. I had multiple come up to me that night (and even more since! ) to tell me how incredible the food was.

The fact that Barr provides all tables, chairs, dinnerware, linens, staff, and more was a HUGE weight off my shoulders and about 10 less things I had to coordinate. Beyond the beauty of the place, a major selling point for me was the fact that my wedding party wouldn't be responsible for folding up tables at the end of the night! We had a perfect perfect day and I can't imagine us having spent it anywhere else.

E
Erin

Married on 10/14/2017

My wife and I were married at Barr Mansion in October of 2017 and I simply cannot imagine a better venue for the most important day of our lives. If the quality of service were not exceptional (which it is), the beauty of Barr Mansion itself warrants a 5-star review. We cannot thank Aislinn and the entire BM staff enough for all of their help. They were prompt to answer any questions via phone or email and even encouraged us to stop by the venue whenever we wanted. We enjoyed tasting the food menu with other couples a few weeks ahead of our big day and were supremely confident that all would run smoothly the day of. Thanks to Aislinn (and other BM staff), that was exactly the case. Thank you again!

courtney

Married on 05/12/2017

My husband and I got married at Barr Mansion Friday, May 26th. We had the BEST experience with all of the Barr employees, to name a few - Jessica, Caroline, Aislinn and Heather provided fabulous service throughout the entire 10 month planning process. Our favorite things about Barr - the property is GORGEOUS (so many picturesque areas), the food is amazing (you get to go to an awesome event with all the other couples getting married in your time frame and try the yummy food to set your menu), Barr has an in house coordinator (Heather aka Wonder-woman) who makes sure your wedding is seamless (she thinks of everything and is phenomenal at her job), they allow animals on property (our golden retriever was in our ceremony and was allowed at the reception! ), and last but not least was our guests' experience - we got told over and over how much fun our wedding was and I am positive it is because of Barr Mansion. Thanks for hosting the best day of our lives!

Laurie

Married on 02/12/2017

AWESOME place to get married! Gorgeous grounds, exceptional food and crazy incredible and PATIENT staff. They made our February Sunday brunch wedding truly amazing for us and our guests. Nothing but kudos for this venue!

Married on 01/07/2017

Barr Mansion was amazing! Our guests couldn't stop commenting on how delicious the food was (many said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding). They accommodated my various food allergies and had additional options for some of our younger guests who were picky eaters (I hadn't even thought about kids being picky!). Krystal made sure everything that happened the day of went smoothly. The whole team at Barr Mansion made my dream wedding come true. We also love their ethics and eco-friendly-ness.

S

Married on 11/04/2016

We used Barr Mansion for both our ceremony and reception and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. As a same-sex couple, feeling comfortable with who we were working with was very important to us and Caroline and Krystal made us feel at ease from the day we met them both. Caroline was so helpful in the early stages of planning and responded to our millions of emails so quickly! Krystal was our day of coordinator and thought of everything; there wasn't a thing she missed that we were aware of! Her creativity, thoughtfulness and excitement truly made you feel like the most special couple to pass through Barr Mansion's doors. All of our guests raved about the food and you really can't go wrong with any of their food options, it's really that good! The mansion's property speaks for itself, the food is incredible and Caroline and Krystal really push the experience over the top! We couldn't recommend it more!

J
Jennifer

Married on 10/30/2016

We could not have picked a more wonderful venue for our wedding! I had Barr on my radar for several years after a friend got married there. It does not disappoint. Everyone was fantastic from steps A to Z. They worked with us in regard to the menu, our schedule, and any other requests that we had. We heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests about the atmosphere, the food (especially! ), the service, all of it! They were especially kind about making sure that my family members with celiac disease were not exposed to gluten. Our coordinator, Krystal, was amazing and made us feel comfortable and important all along the way. You may have come across a couple of reviews about the security of the property. Let me tell you that they took that feedback and responded accordingly. During our wedding, they had a security guard on patrol, they had the house locked up, and they had anything that we deemed valuable locked in a separate storage as well. Another aspect that was very nice was encountering vendors who, upon hearing that we were having our wedding there, would exclaim "Oh! I love Barr. We love working with them! " It was such a reassurance to know that our vendors had experience at Barr and enjoyed their experiences. I have zero complaints. It was the wedding of our dreams.

Laura

Married on 10/16/2016

Absolutely perfect! The venue is absolutely stunning as backdrop. There are tons of options for setup and the staff is open to creative, new ways of working. The food was delicious and commented on by the guests. I particularly loved the cake, the chocolate one with caramel drip. We also loved the group tasting they had. It was a perfect opportunity to taste the options and also speak to other couples getting married around the same time. Although I loved how the day turned out and I wouldn't change it for me, what I learned from those conversations is you really can do most of what you need to do within the offerings from Barr, without bringing in outside vendors. So if you're on a budget, definitely consider that. Now I have to talk about Krystal, our coordinator. She was absolutely amazing! Planning the wedding from across the country was challenging but I had so much confidence in her that I knew the day would be flawless, and it was. She was super organized and provided helpful suggestions. She was great with follow-up. I really trusted her. Actually, it felt like planning a wedding with a friend. I chose to have a planner in addition to Krystal to help with contracts and day of, mainly because I was planning from afar. If you can handle your own contracts, Krystal is more than competent to handle your day of. You don't need anyone else. The staff and service was also great. I had no interaction with them which means that Krystal managed the team well. I do have to mention one incident, because I would want to know as a bride. We did have a wallet stolen out of the mansion. They provided a security guard but it still happened. My guess is that it's hard for the guard to know who to let in and who not. If you're going with Barr, maybe try to work out some sort of entry list for the guard or something. Barr was helpful in resolving the issue. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose Barr over and over. Thank you to all the Barr staff and Krystal!

S
susan

Married on 08/06/2016

We got married in August and had last minute rain, but Barr Mansion has a beautiful Plan B (the ballroom) and everything turned out great! The food was good and the schedule ran smoothly, our coordinator, Krystal Wigfield, was AWESOME. She went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly and that I had everything I needed. Thank you Krystal and Barr Mansion!

Nicole

Married on 04/25/2016

Barr Mansion was such a wonderful venue to work with. My husband and I only looked at 3 venues total and I knew instantly that Barr Mansion was going to be my choice. It had everything I was looking for. I knew as soon as I saw the historic house and beautiful grounds, that it fit my vintage style perfectly. They also have a new ballroom, which is just as beautiful, and they designed it perfectly for weddings. I could not be more happy with my choice. I love that they are a package deal. You get the ceremony site, the reception site and a full menu to choose from! The food was amazing. We got SO many compliments from our guests at just how amazing the food was. We also got numerous compliments at how beautiful the venue was, how friendly and helpful the staff was, and how smoothly the entire even went off without a hitch. Everyone was truly satisfied. The staff was very responsive to my phone calls and emails leading up to the big day. They are very experienced and will take care of everything for you. They also have a long list of suggested vendors that they usually work with, which can be very helpful. They are well organized, prepared and professional. Just a side note, you can not beat Barr Mansion in the Spring time, it is truly beautiful. Also, they are a pet friendly venue, which is very popular these days. I wish I could do it all over again! There is no stress when you book this venue. They walk you through it every step of the way and will take care of everything. Thank you to Barr Mansion and their wonderful team for helping make my dreams come true.

Julissa
Julissa

Married on 12/18/2015

Shanna and her team were outstanding. Pristine lush grounds, an immaculate historical mansion, and a jaw-dropping glass-fronted ballroom, and we haven't even gotten to the phenomenal chef that uses all organic ingredients. Our slow cooked beef ribs were the talk of the reception. Shanna was so cool, calm and collected. She was so attentive to me and my bridal party the entire day. I couldn't have chosen a better place to marry my best friend!

Nicole

Married on 12/12/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Shanna and the rest of the staff at The Barr Mansion! They truly try to make your wedding planning experience as easy as possible. Our wedding was everything we could have hoped for and more because of the people at The Barr Mansion!

No matter where you decide to have your ceremony on site, every single inch of this place is stunning! We initially wanted to have our ceremony outside by the tree, but the weather decided otherwise. Our plan B in the farmstead was still as beautiful as the tree would have been. Shanna and the team were so quick to help rearrange things and make the area look exactly how we wanted.

Everyone that has commented to us about our wedding, the common thing that everyone had to say was how amazing the food was. They could not stop raving about it and saying that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding!

We would recommend The Barr Mansion to anyone ten times over!

T
Trisha

Married on 10/04/2015

Tucked away in Northeast Austin is a gem of a venue, Barr Mansion. The location was perfect for our wedding, as it gave it an intimate, romantic Austin-like feel. We booked Barr Mansion for our wedding site and reception for our October 2015 nuptials because it was a one stop shop for ceremony, reception, catering and cake! It is such an earthy, natural and just plain beautiful location that doesn't need much decor. They definitely keep up with their property! Our wedding took place under the tree around 5pm, which gave us amazing photos due to the sunset behind us. It was a location where we didn't lose the feel of the wedding after the ceremony. Our coordinator arranged it where the guests were greeted with some drinks and appetizers while we broke away and had 5 minutes as husband and wife. The Artisan Ballroom had ivy growing around the windows and it gave our reception a very intimate home-like setting. It was able to fit our 160 guests comfortably and the food was all amazing! The one person that made our day run smoothly was our expert Wedding Coordinator (Shanna). Most of my wedding items (not flowers) were all purchased or DIY by me, but it was Shanna who took what I envisioned and made it come to life! She was so creative and easy to work with, and took care of everything the day of the wedding. I'm so forever grateful for her professionalism and expertise! Thank you Shanna and the Barr Mansion team!

Chelsea

Married on 09/13/2015

Perfect location for an outdoor/indoor rustic wedding. We had Shanna as our coordinator and she was calm, friendly, and super organized. The food is superb too with much of it coming from Barr Mansion's own gardens. The cake was a dream come true!

M
Morgan

Married on 05/10/2015

We got married at Barr Mansion in May 2015 and everything about this venue was perfect! The grounds are gorgeous, and you have full access to the main Victorian-style house, the glass-façade Ballroom, and the outdoor covered Farmstead. The grounds also include a rose garden, a big beautiful pecan tree, and gardens where they grow their own food. Guests ranted and raved about how spectacular the venue was and how they had never seen anything like it before!

Upon signing our contract with Barr Mansion, we were invited to monthly cocktail events where we got to sample appetizers and drinks, view decorations from different vendors, listen to DJs and string groups perform, and ask questions of the coordinators and staff on site. Also included is a harvest tasting, where you get to sample all the food that will be available to choose from on your wedding day. The venue prepares all their food on-site and offers selections based on which season your wedding is in and which foods are in harvest at that time. The food was absolutely amazing and everyone loved what we picked out!

The awesome thing about Barr Mansion is how much they do for you. All set-up and take-down is done by their staff, and they provide a full set of staff for the day of. They also provide a day-of coordinator, which was a huge selling point for us. Shanna was our coordinator and she was amazing! She knew exactly what to do and kept the ball rolling all day/night. She was very knowledgeable, personable, and easy to work with. She made the day-of seem like a breeze and we did not have to worry about anything!

This place in UNBELIEVABLE and I would HIGHLY recommend it!

T
Thomas

Married on 08/30/2014

We had our reception at Barr Mansion and absolutely loved it! From the decor to the food to the professional and courteous staff, it made our wedding day so much smoother to have most everything covered by one place.

One piece of advice: definitely go to the free quarterly tasting to try out all the wonderful food and get an idea of what will work for your big day!

M
Morgan Melissa

Married on 06/15/2014

My wedding was an absolute dream thanks to Barr Mansion. The process was easy, the coordinators were dependable, and the venue was absolutely breath taking. We traveled from out of the state to make our wedding happen in Austin and the distance seemed non existent because of the coordinators hardworking attitude and high quality of service.