Back to Betsy Couture

Megan
Megan Dolan

Getting married on 04/05/2020

i. Love. Betsy couture.

Betsy is the BEST. I am so so glad we found her. I wanted to wear my mom's wedding dress, but there were some changes I wanted to make for it to fit more my style and be a little bit less 80's (she didn't have puffy sleeves, but there was the Queen Anne neckline). I also wanted it to be kind of boho, but didn't want to take away too much from the original dress. Betsy was the perfect person for the job! Plus, when some stitching came undone after bridals and before the wedding, she happily had us bring it by to fix at no extra charge (even though them coming undone was my fault). Not to mention being in her studio feels homey and comfortable, which is important when someone is poking and prodding you to alter a dress! I cannot say enough good things about Betsy. Everyone should go to her.

Juliana Heffield

Married on 06/07/2019

Best seamstress/designer for your big day!

Betsy is amazing! She is so fun and friendly and will be honest about your dress and the work it needs. She updated my mother's 80's dress to reflect my personality and style and it looks beautiful! Betsy definitely knows what she's doing and listens to you to make sure you get what you want. She was also very prompt about getting my dress done, so I had no stress about making sure it was ready on time. My appointments with Betsy were so fun and full of laughter. I'm very excited to wear my new vintage dress on my big day! I cannot recommend her enough!

Candy
Candy Dolan

Married on 05/16/2019

Altered my dress for my daughters dress!

Betsy took my 37 year old wedding dress and altered it to be a style my daughter liked without changing the integrity of the dress and was able to use all the material from within the dress! She was awesome and we immediately felt right at home with her! Thank you Betsy! Candy Dolan

Candy,
Thank you so much for your kind words! It was an honor to work on your beautiful vintage gown and rework it for your daughter. I loved our meetings and getting to know you!
Thank you so much!

Brooke
Brooke Lemmon

Married on 05/03/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

Working with Betsy was a dream! I was out of state and on a really tight time frame. Betsy was so flexible in fitting me in and communicating with me so what I wanted was the outcome of her work! When I tried on my dress after the final alterations my only thought was, "It's absolutely perfect! " Betsy has a depth of skill and experience that allows her to take any project and create a customized masterpiece. It was such a pleasure to work with her and if I had to do it again I would 100% choose Betsy. If you're looking for a reliable place for alterations, I definitely recommend Betsy's Couture!

K
Kenzee

Married on 04/06/2018

Betsy is amazing! She can do anything and everything with your dress! She made my Grandma’s vintage wedding dress look absolutely perfect!

M
Margo

Married on 09/16/2017

Betsy did an amazing job turning my Monique Lhuillier lace jacket from my wedding into the most beautiful, flattering satin lined top for my daughter's two-piece wedding dress. Betsy was flexible and accommodating, worked quickly and produced a gorgeous product that my daughter loved and looked stunning on her. My daughter really liked Betsy and had a great experience working with her. I highly recommend her.

L
Laura

Married on 07/15/2017

Betsy is amazing! I ordered my gown online and was very nervous about the quality -- I had no idea what to look for to make sure it was a good purchase. When I brought it to her to be hemmed, she inspected it and eased all my fears. Also, until speaking to her in person, I was sure I didn't want a veil. That all changed when I saw the beautiful, handmade ones she had at her place. I ended up ordering the longest one! I had my dress hemmed and had a bustle added, and she was so quick to get these things + a long veil done.

My mother lives in another state, and I wanted to make sure she was able to come with me to at least one fitting. Betsy was very accommodating and made sure to squeeze me in in the short window while my mother was visiting.

Betsy was recommended to me by a friend who got married last year. After a bridal shop ordering mishap, my friend went to her with the top of one dress and the bottom of another, and Betsy constructed the most beautiful gown out of them! I didn't hesitate to send another of our bride-to-be friends to her after my first visit with her.

Laura,
I had such a wonderful time working with you! Thank you for your vote of confidence! I'm glad you loved the veil! You looked incredible!

Thanks again for trusting me!

V
Vicki

Married on 05/18/2017

Betsy was able to help alter the length of a dress with A TON of hand bead work. I contacted a ton of seamstresses in Utah and other states and no one would touch the dress because of the hand bead work. They all told me that I should find another dress. My daughter's heart was set on this dress. Betsy was able to shorten the dress and keep all the hand bead work in tact, and not charge me an arm and a leg. Not only is Betsy an experienced dressmaker and seamstress, but she makes us feel like family every time we come for a fitting. We look forward to our time in Betsy's shop.

Betsy Couture's reply:

Vicki, Thank you so much for the kind review! I am so glad your search led you to me! I've loved getting to know you and working on the gown, veil, etc. Can't wait to see everything at the wedding!

K
Kylee

Married on 05/18/2017

Betsy was an absolute dream to work with! I had purchased a wedding dress online that I was in love with, but needed a lot of difficult work done due to the amount of beading on the dress. After many people had told us they couldn't do what I needed, Betsy was sort of my last hope. She was realistic while telling my mom and me how hard it would be, but she was willing to try. She found the most time-effective (and therefore cost-effective) way to fix my dress and finished it weeks before the date we had given her. She then went above and beyond as I requested additional alterations to make the dress exactly what I'd envisioned. She also made my gorgeous veil! More than once she took a considerable amount of wedding stress off our shoulders and we always left her place beaming and laughing. We now consider Betsy a friend. I'd recommend Betsy to anyone and EVERYONE who wants a custom designed wedding gown or who's looking for alterations on their previously-purchased wedding dress.

Kylee,
Thanks so much for your sweet review! I absolutely loved getting to know both you and your mom! New best friends! I'm so glad you found me and that everything worked out well!

Love to you all,

B
Becca

Married on 05/13/2017

I had a dress from 1964 - my grandmother and mom had worn it, but it was too small for me. I took it to another seamstress who told me it was a lost cause and I should just buy a new dress and add some lace from the old one. I then took the dress to Betsy and was so glad I did! She was super nice and enthusiastic about my old dress, and ensured me it could be altered to fit me. She ended up taking the sleeves off, taking some pleats out, and adding inserts in the sides that really weren't even noticeable. She was great to work with and super knowledgeable about vintage styles and fabrics. I also thought her hourly prices were fair, especially because she could get so much work done in an hour. She let me pick the seams of my own dress to save on cost, and it ended up costing less than $300.

Becca!
Thanks so much for your kind review! I am so glad you found me and that you had a good experience with me. I certainly had a great time getting to know you. You know how I feel about the amazing vintage dress you are lucky enough to own! It is so special and you looked perfect in it! So glad it all worked out!
Best,

Catherine

Married on 04/01/2017

Betsy is a magician! She turned my mom's early 80s dress into a modern, bohemian gown that I cannot wait to wear on my wedding day. She always accommodated my schedule when I was flying in for fittings. I could not have asked for someone better to be a part of this special process with my mom and me.

User7481531

2+ years ago

Not only is Betsy so sweet, she is amazing at what she does! I truly felt so comfortable and completely trusted Betsy with my dress. Not only does she help you know what would look best on your body but still makes the vision that you have for your wedding dress exactly how you want it! I've never felt more beautiful than the moment I tried on my wedding dress that Betsy made for me. My dress was exactly what I pictured and more. I'm so grateful I found Betsy! She is the best of the best!

Cindy

Married on 01/13/2017

Betsy is simply amazing. With her experience and expertise, she can create the final result you are looking for. Her knowledge and skills are unmatched. I would absolutely recommend her, if you looking for a custom made gown. You will not be sorry, and you will have a gorgeous dress for your special day.

User7719021

2+ years ago

Betsy took an already beautiful gown and transformed it into a one of a kind piece that made our special day truly unforgettable.

A
Ari

Married on 08/05/2016

I loved working with Betsy. She created the exact dress I had in mind. I came to her in December for a February wedding and Betsy was able to create my beautiful dress from scratch for about the same as a cookie cutter store dress. I was very impressed and would recommend her services to anyone looking for a custom retro or vintage-inspired gown.

Betsy Couture's reply:

Ari, Thank you so very much for your kind review! I loved working with you and creating your unique wedding gown! Thanks so much! Betsy

Victoria
Victoria

Married on 07/17/2016

Betsy is such an amazing person! She is very professional and willing to work hard for her customers. She treats you like family and does everything she can to make your wedding dress perfect! I would recommend her to everyone, and I think it is definitely worth talking with her and seeing what she can do for you!

Tori,
Thanks so much for your glowing review! It was such fun to spend time with you, your mom and sister as we worked on your gown! You looked radiant in that gown. You know I love the blush on you! Your images from your Maui wedding are spectacular. Thanks for choosing me!

H
Hannah

Married on 07/02/2016

Betsy was absolutely amazing. She took my crazy ideas and made them a reality as she transformed my mother's poofy 1980s wedding dress into my dream dress. She was so patient and kind to me, I couldn't have had a better experience. She will make sure your dress is exactly how you want it and takes such care and effort with each of her clients. I cannot speak highly enough of her!

A
Aubrey

Married on 06/01/2016

Loved working with Betsy! She remade my wedding dress from a previous marriage. She has a wonderful encouraging attitude and is a true pleasure to work with.

S
Steph

Married on 05/29/2016

Working with Betsy was truly the one of the highlights of my entire wedding experience. She creating the most beautiful and fantastic wedding dress for me that was exactly what I wanted and truly one of a kind. We were having such a wonderful time that she ended up making my mom's dress as well as customizing a tie for my now husband to wear so that it matched my dress prefectly. Betsy is THE BEST! THE BEST! I am so happy we found Betsy!

B
Baylee

Married on 05/21/2016

Betsy Couture is absolutely amazing! She made my dream dress into a reality! She actually took my mom’s wedding dress and completely made it into everything I have ever wanted in a wedding dress. She made it my own and it was so sweet to wear the dress my mom wore on her wedding day too. Not only is she great at her job, she is so much fun to work with. She listens to what you want in a dress and makes it possible. I got so many compliments on my dress and everyone was in awe at how beautiful it turned out. I highly recommend going to Betsy if you want a handmade dress that has been specifically and personally made for you!

Baylee,
Thanks so much for this sweet review! I loved working with you, and redesiging your mom's dress into YOUR dress! So glad you trusted me with your new heirloom!
Thanks! Betsy

Jennie

Married on 01/07/2016

Betsy is the best! You will have the wedding dress of your dreams like I did! Plus, she is fun to work with. Bonus!

Jennie,
Thanks so much for your kind review! I loved creating your amazing hand-pieced silver wedding gown. It was so much fun getting to know you too!

Thanks,

M
Molly

Married on 09/06/2015

Betsy was amazing to work with! We took my grandmother and mother's wedding gown that was more than 60 years old and she was able to transform it into the dress of my dreams while still keeping the best parts of the gown alive. I wasn't really sure what I was envisioning, but she had the perfect eye and her suggestions turned out to be better than I had imagined. She was very responsive and flexible when I changed my mind on things. I also lived in Park City for several years and was able to see some of her custom gown creations and they were incredible as well! I would work with Betsy again in a heartbeat.

E
Eliza

Married on 10/10/2014

I can't say enough about Betsy! I wanted something non-traditional for my wedding gown, so I knew I wouldn't be able to wear off-the-rack. I found Betsy through a random google search and after meeting with her for maybe 10 minutes in her studio, I knew I could trust her completely. The gown itself is better than I could have dreamed (my friends and family all still talk about it) , and the experience of having it made for me is something I will never forget. I can't imagine my wedding experience without Betsy. It should also be noted that I am a pretty practical, frugal person and found Betsy's prices to be more than fair, especially given her rare talent and passion for her work.

Eliza,
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so fortunate to be able to call my brides my friends! It was an extreme pleasure to work with you to create your beautiful gown! Thank you for allowing me the privilege and honor! All the best to you and your amazing family!

Julie

Married on 08/09/2014

Betsy was so great to work with. Not only is she extremely talented at what she does but she helps fulfill your dream wedding dress. She is worth every penny!

Julie,
Thanks so much for your review. I loved working with you and getting to know you! You were absolutely stunning in your beautiful lace, lace, lace wedding gown!

Thanks!

Chelsea

Married on 07/18/2014

Betsy did an AMAZING job on my dress! I bought it as a sample and it was about 6-8 sizes too big. By the time Betsy was done with it, it looked like it was made to fit me! She also did an excellent job on all the beadwork :) I would highly recommend her to any bride.