Back to Blanton Museum of Art

5 Reviews for Blanton Museum of Art

M
Margaret

Married on 11/04/2017

The Blanton was a beautiful backdrop for our wedding! We coordinated a "flip" of the space with our planner (Wild Sky Events) and used the main atrium both for our ceremony and reception. Everything went off without a hitch and the staff were friendly and helpful throughout. Having an amazing photographer helps as well (Sophie Epton Photography) but I'd highly recommend the Blanton for your wedding, especially if you have a wedding planner because everything will need to be rented and brought in (it's a museum, not a restaurant or event venue!). I appreciate how accommodating the Blanton staff were, particularly with the large paper flower backdrop we brought in. My parents had hand-made it and the Blanton appreciated it as a work of art and let us move it in early to minimize risk of damage if it had been moved along with everything else coming in later. I don't think a whole lot of people know of the Blanton as a wedding venue, so it's a lovely and somewhat unique place to hold your wedding. I would highly recommend it!

User4138446

2+ years ago

Stacey and her team at the Blanton are incredible. It was by far the most helpful and professional staff I have dealt with in a really long time.

R
Rivann

Married on 04/07/2012

The staff was wonderful and welcoming. Our guests raved about our venue and it was a gorgeous location for our wedding.

R
Rivann

Married on 04/07/2012

Our wedding venue was gorgeous with its beautiful blue walls and the contemporary art galleries upstairs. However, our wedding could not have gone as smoothly and as beautifully without the wonderful assistance of Erin and Candice of Blanton Museum of Art. I cannot speak more highly of Erin who was there the day of the wedding, along with Candice, to assist in any details we needed. Her knowledge in weddings and special events made her the perfect coordinator to work with. We absolutely loved our venue. I would highly recommend the Blanton Museum of Art for any of your special events.
-Rivann and Kevin

E
Emily

Married on 02/24/2019

Breathtaking space!

We had our ceremony at the Blanton and it was so beautiful. The space speaks for itself with the blue walls and natural lighting. It is so dreamy to utilize an art museum in such an intimate way. The team was great to work with. They are extremely responsive and helpful. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the space, there is little flexibility - especially around timing. Since the museum is open until 5pm every day of the week, you have to be able to work within their time frame for pictures and ceremony timing. Also, brides be careful when walking through the space. My dress was completely covered in dust by the end of ceremony. Fortunately, it was easily fixable, but it's something to know so you can always pick up your dress. Aside from that, it is absolute perfection. We were able to open the doors to guests half an hour before the ceremony to view the downstairs galleries. We used the upstairs galleries for all kinds of beautiful photographs.

Blanton Museum of Art's reply:

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your special day! We wish you both the best. -Samantha Bull