Back to Blush Events

Featured
Shaine Cunningham

Married on 05/04/2019

Proud to be a Blush Bride

Blush Events was a joy to work with from beginning to end! We hired Kerri and her team for event management, but their support extended far beyond the month and day of our wedding. From the start, I was impressed not only by Kerri and Lyndee’s in-depth knowledge and insight about our (somewhat complicated) venue and Richmond weddings (seriously, they know everyone and everyone knows – and loves! – them), but also by their kindness, warmth, and genuine excitement for the couples they work with. They made us feel so special and very well taken care of. The Blush Events team managed every detail so we could enjoy every second of our wedding, and I will be forever grateful. Even our bridal party, families, and guests commented on how great they were. They are professional, dependable, incredibly sweet and thoughtful, and worth every penny!

Ashlee
Ashlee Woodson

Married on 07/06/2019

Best Day Ever!

Blush Events was amazing to work with! We worked with Lyndee and she was awesome! She made sure our special day was seamless and beautiful. Always responded quickly to our questions and made excellent suggestions to ensure our day was beautiful. The day of the event, Lyndee made she I was stress free and calm the entire day by calling and checking on me and then would check on my husband. I highly recommend Blush Events 1000x over!

Sean
Sean Bernstein

Married on 06/22/2019

Absolute Perfect Wedding Experience

Where to begin: Kerri Buster and Blush Events were the absolute BEST throughout the entirety of wedding planning, throughout the week leading up to the wedding, and of course—during the big day itself. The entire staff was helpful, warm, and made you feel like every one of your wedding problems was their wedding problem.

Why we booked: Having lived in Virginia for only a few short years and with family predominantly in California and New York, we were very overwhelmed with the task of planning a wedding ourselves. We didn’t know locations, vendors, contacts, or any of the small details that go into planning a wedding. This is where Kerri and Blush Events stepped in. She had a plan, resources, and a perfectly organized structure. To say that she helped bring stress levels down immediately would be a vast understatement. Every time we had a moment of panic, she was the voice of reason and a simple reply of, “I’ve taken care of it, don’t worry,” was more than enough to put us at ease!

Planning Process: Kerri was there every step of the way. Think of that super organized best friend that you had growing up, who was always on-time and always on top of everything—that was Kerri. Throughout the year-and-a-half process, Kerri helped to organize contracts, suggests vendors—photographer, videographer, florist, cake, DJ, etc. —and most importantly, keep us on time with everything that needed to be completed. Her experience in the Virginia area was truly unparalleled and the resultant wedding was clearly an example of that. Not a single vendor she suggested let us down and better yet, they each overwhelming exceeded our expectations. She never pushed a particular vender, but gently presented who she felt was your best bet. She was never wrong, not in the slightest. Most importantly, Kerri was always there to lend an ear, bounce ideas off of, and to keep us on track. Because of her, everything was perfect!

The wedding: Weddings can be a very stressful day—especially in the hours leading up to the ceremony. There are vendor drop-offs, set-up times, and numerous items that need to be very detailed and coordinated. With Kerri’s help, there was absolutely ZERO stress from myself, the bride, or anyone else involved in the wedding. She helped to organize day-of lunches for the bridal party that I know absolutely saved my wife! As she says, “All I did was eat, drink, laugh, and NOT STRESS! ” Kerri went above and beyond to make sure everything was set-up, everything looked great, and everything was exactly where it needed to be—all while we were personally getting ready in the background. She was always friendly, perfectly polite, and always looking to go the extra mile to help. It was with her helping hand that the wedding went as perfect as it did. She never missed a detail—from organizing the processional for the ceremony, managing the first dance, helping my wife with her bustle mid-reception to the small details of making sure I always had a gin-n-tonic in my hand and everything was packed up on the bus home without us needing to ask!

Overall: Pure and simple, if you are looking to hire a wedding coordinator in the state of Virginia—you absolutely must hire Kerri and her team at Blush Events. She was on point, always available for a conversation, and there when the stress levels got a bit too high. She was not only a wedding coordinator, but truly a best friend throughout the entire process and on the day of. I truly think without her encouraging advice and calming demeanor, the wedding preparation would have been much more stressful. She was worth every cent we paid and more—I cannot recommend her enough!

Anu
Anu Udayakumar

Married on 05/26/2019

Cannot imagine being anything but a Blush Bride!

I already know I will go over the word limit if I share every single amazing detail from my time with Kerri so I will try to pick the highlights! I cannot say enough good things about Kerri and her team at Blush Events! I feel so lucky to have found her because not only is she one of THE best wedding planners in the Richmond area, but she also became a good friend and confidant in the process.

My husband and I immediately fell in love with Kerri when we were first interviewing and meeting with wedding planners in the area. She was warm, kind, patient, attentive, detail oriented, and very flexible from the get-go. The fact that at the time, we were expecting a 350+ multicultural guest count did not seem to deter her. She seemed to already have extensive experience working with multicultural/interfaith and large weddings, which is hard to find in Richmond! Hands down one of the best decisions I ever made was hiring Kerri as my full event planner and coordinator. I was in medical school during this time so it wasn't easy to cater to my schedule but Kerri made these past 1. 5 years leading up to our wedding day so smooth and memorable!

Kerri has this amazing gift of making every bride feel heard and supported. She will stand up for you and fight for you to get exactly what you want with other vendors, while stile maintaining the utmost level of professionalism and kindness. While she respectfully and effortlessly supports any style or theme of wedding you are envisioning for your big day, she excels in producing and coordinating fine art weddings. She knows many of the best and highly trusted wedding vendors in the central VA area and was able to help me acquire my dream team of vendors for my wedding day. What's even better is that Kerri understands that a dream team doesn't necessarily have to break the bank or compromise your budget- she always gave me all of my options so that I could make the picks that were best for me.

Kerri is super organized, composed, and always 2 steps ahead of the game. She was on top of communications with vendors, answered my million questions (emails, texts, calls) right away, and even met with our families a couple times to answer their questions (we have two super big, involved families and Kerri handled every interaction and request with such patience and grace! ) Needless to say, our wedding day (from a planning and details standpoint) was executed so beautifully by the Blush Events team and we continue to receive endless compliments. This review wouldn't be complete if I didn't share a shoutout to Lyndee, one of the Blush girls who also happened to be the venue coordinator at my venue (Tuckahoe Plantation). She was amazing and made sure everything flowed as smoothly as possible on the venue side of things!

Being a super type A, detail oriented person, I rarely come across others who share the same level of attention to detail that I do, but I can confidently say that Kerri possesses this trait and goes above and beyond for her brides to the point where I am still having wedding planning-withdrawals! 10/10 would highly recommend coming from someone who planned a wedding in medical school, had a 300+ guest count, and a multicultural/interfaith wedding- there is no wedding, big or small, that Kerri and the Blush Events team cannot handle!

Jordan
Jordan Kolmer

Married on 05/11/2019

Great Partner

Kerri and her team worked with us through the whole wedding process, from giving us great vendor recommendations to making sure the wedding day ran smoothly. Their help was invaluable!

A
Anna Cruise Seaton

Married on 10/22/2018

Kerri is a life saver.

Kerri and her team are the best of the best. Their attention to detail and their overall investment in our big day was worth more than gold. Kerri genuinely cares about her brides, not just the business, and it shows in everything she does. All of their recommendations for vendors and setup proved to be top of the line as well. Kerri and Danyel - THANK YOU! Our day was perfect.

R
Rebecca

Married on 09/15/2018

Best Decision!

Hands down the best decision I made for our wedding this past September! I hired Kerri and the Blush team for month of planning and I am so happy I did. I don't know what I would have done without her! We hired all outside vendors for our wedding venue so there was a good amount of coordination and planning that had to be done - Kerri did such a great job with this and I can't imagine how much work she did behind the scenes! There were also a few things that came up that were unplanned, Kerri was always so helpful in these situations. Even before the month of she would spend time talking through things on the phone with me. She gave me such peace of mind. On the days leading up to wedding day and the day of, Kerri and her team took care of everything behind the scenes with such ease. Nothing was missed and we truly had the best day of our lives. Thank you so much Kerri and Blush Events, you truly are amazing!

Justina

Married on 05/05/2018

Kerri was AMAZING. I am so happy I decided to hire her as my planner. By far the best decision I made when it came to planning my wedding. From all of her wonderful vendor recommendations, to her thoughtful approach to planning. She totally understood my vision and made sure that it came to life the day of. Kerri far exceeded my expectations. On top of all this, she was a blast to work with - a truly genuine, kind person. Proud to be a Blush bride <3

Jenny

Married on 10/06/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Blush! I debated whether I really needed a wedding planner at the start of the process but after meeting with Kerri I knew I couldn’t do it without her. Financially, anything else that had to be trimmed budget wise to allow for Kerri was 1000% worth it. Throughout the entire process Kerri and her team were incredibly organized, supportive, and caring. They kept my wedding vision in mind the entire time and were so helpful with bringing everything together to give my husband and I (and our family and friends) the most incredible wedding I could have ever dreamed of. They’re able to keep everything on track through the process both from a time and budget standpoint and they were able to help me decide what things were important to invest in and what things I could leave out or change in someway to maintain the overall vision. I’ll forever be grateful to this beautiful collection of people in putting together the best day of my life. Not a single thing I would change and couldn’t recommend blush enough!

Jay

Married on 10/01/2017

When my daughter, Rachel, shared the excitement of her engagement with her father and me nearly eighteen-months ago, we were so happy for her. Within a few months of the news, our thoughts turned to the wedding. My husband and I were living in Richmond. Our daughter was living in Florida. And the chosen wedding venue was in Washington, DC. How were we to plan a destination wedding while all of us were working fulltime and living so far apart? The answer was Kerri Buster of Blush Events.

Kerri worked tirelessly to provide the wedding of our daughter’s dreams within the budget set by her father and me. Kerri, with her expertise and calm demeanor, made it seem effortless. When we became anxious, it was Kerri, with her rich soothing voice, who would ease our worries. It was Kerri that kept us on schedule and moving forward so that as the wedding day approached, we were relaxed and looking forward to the big day.

On the day of the wedding, Kerri worked quietly behind the scenes with her assistant coordinating the efforts of the hair and makeup artists, florist, caterer, DJ, photographer, videographer, and venue staff. Even when a wedding dress snafu caused a delay in the start of the ceremony, it was Kerri who provided the bride and the bridal party with the pep talk needed to keep us happy, focused and calm. It was Kerri and her endless connections in the wedding world that helped create a fun and unique experience for the bride and groom as well as our wedding guests. My daughter’s wedding was lovely and we thank Kerri for making it so lovely.

A
Aleshia

Married on 05/06/2017

From the moment I first met with Kerri I knew she was the planner for me! She has such an infectious bubbly and happy personality and you can tell that she LOVES being a wedding planner. Not only was she extremely organized (always with her rose gold laptop in hand) she was also excited to help plan every detail of my big day. Also since my work schedule is kind of hectic she would contact and secure vendors for me, get quotes, run errands for things needed for the day of the wedding as well as attended vendor meetings with me. She made sure I stayed on her planned time line of events through out planning and created a stress free wedding planning experience for me. On the day of my wedding her and her team were beyond helpful and professional! I had several guests at my wedding come up to me just to compliment and say how wonderful Kerri and her team were.
This past year of wedding planning went by so very quickly and Kerri was the most amazing planner. My sister had a very bad experience with her wedding planner, so my mother and I were apprehensive about hiring a planner. I can truly say that both my mother and I were 110% satisfied and happy with our experience with Blush Events! Kerri is outstanding at her job and she is much more then just my wedding planner, she is now someone I think of as a wonderful friend.

rvabride
Jessica

Married on 11/05/2016

Short story: Hire Kerri immediately! I interviewed a number of wedding planners before I met Kerri, and I felt like either they weren't really listening to me, or they were going to take over my event. I had a lot of general ideas for my wedding, and I was only looking for someone to coordinate the day-of, not plan the whole thing, but I'm not super assertive, so I was nervous that I would end up with a planner who would either take over completely, or just show up the day of. Kerri was so patient and friendly, and she worked with me throughout the wedding planning process to make sure my visions were coming to life without stepping on my toes at all! She went way above and beyond to make my planning process easier, make sure I didn't miss any tasks, and make the actual wedding stress-free. Kerri worked so hard that I felt like she really understood my ideas - she made a Pinterest board that we worked on together, and she was always super quick to respond to emails. She came to vendor meetings with me so she could make sure we were on the same page and on top of everything. She stepped in when she could tell I was overwhelmed, and she gave recommendations and opinions without being pushy at all, which was exactly what I needed. Kerri and Danyel both made sure the wedding day went off without a hitch (apparently there were a couple issues that I had no idea occurred because they were so good). With my mom and bridesmaids all living out of town, words can't describe how grateful I am that I had Kerri by my side through this crazy planning process, and I gained a friend!

K
Katherine

Married on 11/04/2016

Kerri and her assistant, Danyel, are fabulous! We met with Kerri ten months before the wedding and I'm so glad my now husband convinced me to hire a coordinator. She was with us the entire planning process; making sure we were on track and assisting with any vendors. Worth every single penny!

D
Dawna

Married on 09/17/2016

From the very first day we met Kerri, I had a good feeling. My daughter's wedding was yesterday, and I cannot tell you how great Kerri was from the start to the very end. She was addressing any question or concern almost immediately. She is very attentive to the family, the bride, the groom, and the guests. The wedding was beyond what I could not have anticipated. Kerri was always smiling, Even when she was going through the estate with a calm quickness and never allowed any there to feel she wasn't in control. Kerri and her staff handled every need, solved those "day-of" last minute "crisis" that occur when you have tons of people with all types of dynamics asking for a solution for even the tiny concern... From bows to bouquets. I would totally recommend Blush Events. They were a huge part of making my daughter and her new husband's day beyond their dreams!

M
Meghann

Married on 06/04/2016

Kerri was phenomenal. She met with my fiancé and I early on and took copious notes on the plan for our day. In the weeks leading up to the event she kept me on task and prepared for my next steps. Where Kerri shined the most was on the day of the event. She was there hours before she needed to, just to make sure the day was perfect. Everything was perfectly executed- the decorations, the schedule- everything. She made it so I did not have to worry about anything. My now husband remarked - every time I had a question she was already one step ahead of me. I highly recommend Kerri's services!

S
Samantha

Married on 11/07/2015

I can't even begin to explain how priceless Kerri and her team were to our planning and big day. From our first meeting I knew we would hire her & she would do an outstanding job. Kerri is kind, responsive and totally professional. As we looked around for a planner, what I liked most about her is that she seemed genuinely interested in making your day exactly what you wanted. Additionally, she didn't give off the vibe that some other planners did that you would be lucky to work with her. Some of the bigger names didn't even get back to us for several days giving us the sense that they were simply to busy. Kerri's pricing wasnvery reasonable, and I felt that we got far more than we paid for. As we went through the planning process, Kerri always had great recommendations for vendors. I think we went with her recommendations for everything except the baker for the cake. In the days leading up to our wedding, Kerri was in constant
contact with us, whereas some planners have very specific allotments of time included in their packages and pricing that would make you hesitant to reach out to them for a quick question. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch solely based on Kerri's outstanding coordination and her team's help. This was my first wedding and Kerri was always patient and helpful. We really couldn't have done it without her!

M
Michelle

Married on 08/24/2013

Where should I start?! Long story short – book her. If you want to know why, keep reading. As soon as I got engaged, I shopped wedding planners a little. From the start, Kerri was the clear front runner. She was professional, knowledgeable, and decisive. I was new to everything in the Richmond wedding business and Kerri helped guide me through every choice. I even went with her recommendation on wedding party colors! She assisted me, my fiance, my mom, his mom, the vendors, this list goes on…! She was THE point person for the day of and weeks leading up to it. Any issue? Call Kerri. Don’t want to deal with someone? Call Kerri. She literally handled everything with a smile on her face. Such a true professional. The big day went off without a hitch! And it was so comforting to be able to turn to her at any point and she’d have it under control (whatever ‘it’ happened to be at the time). As for price, I got the partial-planning package which is somewhere between Full Planning and what is called a ‘Month-Of’ package. Her price for partial planning was about what the other planners were charging for just Day-Of. I smile whenever I think about the wedding and reception and I know Kerri had a lot to do with that. She managed the logistical and stressful side of wedding planning. I’m a very meticulous person and so I’m sure I gave Kerri her share of stresses (and too many questions! ) but she took it all in stride and always had a smile on her face. I would recommend her to any bride!

S
Stephanie

Married on 10/08/2016

If you want someone who is going to listen to you, help you brainstorm, and put you at complete ease that your wedding day is going to be perfect, Blush Events is perfect for you. Kerri is so professional and detail-oriented and considerate of what you want! 10/10 would recommend. :)