Back to Bob Lyons' Steel Drum Music

S
Featured
Stephanie

Married on 11/05/2016

Bob was the absolute best to work with! He was responsive, professional, and kind. We exchanged emails for about a year leading up to our wedding weekend at the Key Largo Lighthouse and each exchange made me more excited to meet him in person. We hired him for the steel drums during our ceremony as well as for the music during our reception. I sent him a list of numerous songs and he played all the hits as well as took requests from our wedding guests (even though they were drunk, he stayed patient with them, lol). Honestly, I would not change a thing about our wedding and it would not have been the same without Bob! He is simply the best. You will never regret hiring him for your big day and it will be apparent from the very beginning what a great person he is. Thanks for everything, Bob!

Dana
Dana

Married on 03/16/2019

Tropical cocktail music

I cannot say enough great things about Bob Lyons. The steel drum is my absolute favorite instrument. When someone told me about Bon, I knew I had to incorporate him into my wedding somehow. From the very first email, Bob was easy to communicate with and very comforting. He had a large song list which incorporated music from Disney, Caribbean, pop, etc. He was able to learn a song I wanted to walk down the aisle to which was not on his original song list. He arrived promptly on the big day. I unfortunately was very busy during cocktail hour, but many of my guests told me that day and after that the steel drum during the cocktail hour was wonderful and so unique. Bob also fit in very nicely with my tropical wedding theme. Thanks again!

Mark Stafford

Married on 02/20/2019

An extra bit of magic...

Bob was the ultimate professional from the moment we contacted him to the very end. He was a class act throughout and provided some extra magic on our wedding day. Would happily use Bob again and would strongly recommend him to anyone wanting a steel drummer. Many thanks Bob.

D
Devan Catalano

Married on 02/16/2019

Perfect fit for the venue

Bob was great, his music set the perfect mood for our private beach wedding. Our guests loved it.

Sara
sara leduc

Married on 12/08/2018

Beautiful music and great experience!

Bob Lyons provided us with beautiful music for our wedding ceremony a couple weeks ago. He was very professional and easy to work with leading up to the event. He's flexible and very communicative, which made things fun and easy. His song list is very large, and it was so fun listening to the clips on his site to choose our selections. Everyone raved about the music and it was PERFECT for the setting. I would definitely recommend him!

Akilah

Married on 06/08/2018

Bob Lyons played at our rehearsal dinner/welcome reception for our guests and it was perfect! We wanted to create a vibe of the Florida Keys for our guests as they arrived for our wedding weekend and it was exactly what we got. The music was smooth and he played great songs that put us in a mindset of "destination wedding" mode. He also made announcements for us throughout his music playing. I would recommend Bob Lyons to anyone who wants great island music! I hope to hire him again in the future!

O
Olivia

Married on 05/01/2018

Bob was our favorite vendor by far. He was prompt, professional, and from start to finish just perfect. He even played the ukulele for us which was so special. Thank you for making our special day even better. Highly recommend him to anyone for their event!

Marijke

Married on 04/21/2018

If you are looking for a steel drum player, then Bob is the guy to go to! From the start he was easy to work with and very responsive. The music was beautiful for the ceremony and fun for the cocktail hour. The only sad part was with all the chaos of pictures and guest.... I never got to personally thank Bob! He was everything we envisioned and more! Stop looking any further, because Bob is your guy!

L
Lauren

Married on 04/14/2018

I was taking my pictures during most of his time playing. However, all of the guests said he was incredible! Plus he was super nice and easy to work with. He also has a great song list! Thank you!

Meghan

Married on 03/24/2018

Beyond talented. Lots of song options. Very professional and easy to work with. Great music for a beach wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We would hire him again in a heartbeat.

C
Chrissy Spa

Married on 12/03/2017

You can’t go wrong..

Bob is talented, and a pleasure to work with. Having steel drums at my beach wedding was a highlight! Thank you for everything, Bob!

K
Kerianne

Married on 12/02/2017

Wow, what a great musician! So flexible and friendly! The steel drums were a dream. We had a mix up about where he was supposed to set up his DJ equipment and he happily moved everything to another location. My guests were able to make any songs requests and he orchestrated the night perfectly. Highly recommend!

L
Lindsay

Married on 11/05/2017

Bob did such a great job! We booked him and then coincidentally saw him perform at a wedding we attended prior to ours! He was so great so I knew I was in good hands. He played all of the music we requested and it sounded so perfect. All of our guests had a great time and commented on the "steel drum guy" that did such a great job! Bob, thank you so much! I will definitely recommend Bob to couples looking for tropical music entertainment!

K
Kristen G

Married on 10/20/2017

Wedding Dj/ musician

Bob was great! I highly recommend his services. He played the steel drums and became the MC and dj at my wedding! He was very nice and always easy to reach with any questions.

Michael

Married on 08/19/2017

Perfect music for our post wedding brunch!

Bob Lyon's Steel Drum Music was the perfect accompaniment to our post wedding brunch. It was light and lively and many guests commented on how much fun it was for our beach-themed wedding.

Angela Metcalf

Married on 08/02/2017

Quick response and easy to work with ..... music selection was great!

Quick to respond, music was just what we anticipated and Bob even sent a music mix before we committed! He was very accommodating!

H
Holly Hirnyk

Married on 07/08/2017

Excellent all around!

The entire process with Bob was easy and stress free. I gave him my ideas and he made it happen. My guest & I absolutely loved his music. Highly recommend!

G
Gidget

Married on 07/02/2017

When planning our destination wedding, we just had to have steel drums! We hired Bob who was my favorite/special part of our wedding. Bob played his music for our wedding and cocktail hour at the Marriott Resort in Key Largo on March 18, 2016. He always responded immediately when I emailed him and was helpful in the planning process. His music is wonderful and he is very professional. My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Bob for the wonderful sounds of steel drum music! The music is magical and really set the mood for a beach wedding.

C
Christina

Married on 06/21/2017

Amazing!!! Maybe planning a destination wedding so much better!!!

Bob Lyons did a fantastic job! Made our wedding ceremony very special! Guests are still talking about how great he was!

E
Elizabeth P

Married on 05/19/2017

Must have at your Wedding!

Bob was amazing! Having the steel drums was worth every penny and enhanced the entire day! All of our guest commented how much they enjoyed the music!

S
Shannon Constantinides

Married on 05/16/2017

Amazing, all-around!

Bob was wonderful to work with! He was so pleasant, professional, and is an amazing musician! He helped make our beach wedding perfect! I can't recommend him enough!

T
Tom Andrews

Married on 05/13/2017

Excellent Performance

Bob did an excellent job of setting a nice island vibe for a wonderful beachfront wedding for us in Islamorada. He played prior to the ceremony as guests arrived as well as during the cocktail hour. Great playlist. Could not have been better. Thanks for a great performance!

V
Veronica

Married on 04/07/2017

HIRE BOB! My husband (weird! ) and I are from Pennsylvania, and were having a destination wedding. We were planning on using the DJ for all of the music, and I just happened to stumble across Steel Drum Music. We said multiple times beforehand, that this was one of the more last minute decisions and one of our favorite decisions. I was a bit worried that since we were getting married at a country club, that it would be "too beachy". It was truly perfect and I'll start from the beginning.
Bob was extremely responsive while we were emailing initially. I also believe that his price is great for the service received. Well worth the money for our cocktail hour. He sent us a song list, and we could choose however many or however few we wanted off of the list. Choices were wonderful - exactly what you'd imagine! Although we booked him for the cocktail hour, he promised to be there setting up before our guests arrive so he wouldn't be bothering anyone, and he was there even before I went "into hiding". He played our recessional, and counted that towards the first hour of cocktail hour. During cocktail hour, people could not stop dancing around, watching him, taking videos, etc... It was just so fun and really set a great mood. I guess I also have to mention that he is so so talented. I'd say that's a given from his reviews, but he is a wonderful musician. If you're thinking of something different than recorded music, or a string quartet, Bob is the way to go! Even if you weren't thinking of something different, consider this instead. It was so great. THANK YOU, BOB!

Tara
Tara

Married on 04/01/2017

Tropical Wedding with Lively Steel Pan Music

Bob was one of the highlights of my wedding! We loved the tropical vibe while he played the steel drums. My cousins helped me pick out the music for my wedding. One saw Bob on YouTube and said that I should take a look. I was delighted that Bob was located in Florida. To my surprise, he was highlighted on the Key Largo Lighthouse Beach Weddings website. I knew straight away that he would be perfect. Bob was professional, friendly and a delight to see. My guests felt like they were on a private island in the Caribbean. Bob played during my wedding ceremony and at the reception. One of my favorite songs was Little Mermaid, immediately after the ceremony. I received several compliments from my guests, especially my mother. Two of my guests were from Trinidad. It was an honor to have Bob play at my wedding, and I would hire him again. Thank you!

April

Married on 03/18/2017

Bob was a pleasure to work with! He did out ceremony and cocktail hour music and it was phenomenal! It all fit perfectly with the venue! I only wish we had more time to enjoy his music! I did not want traditional ceremony songs and he worked with us and his song list to choose ones that were amazing! I was so pleased with his music and it just added to the overall atmosphere of our special day! I would highly recommend Bob to give your wedding a special twist!