Back to Bob Lyons' Steel Drum Music

164 Reviews for Bob Lyons' Steel Drum Music

R
Rebecca

Married on 01/21/2017

By far the easiest vendor I dealt with during the entire planning process. Responsive and professional - I didn't have a single hiccup with him. Everyone, at some point, mentioned how amazing and lovely the steel drums were and how they were the perfect music choice for our ceremony and cocktail hour. His music selection is incredible and you immediately recognize every song he's playing. If you're thinking of steel drums, look no further! If you haven't considered it until now, just listen to all of his videos online. Thank you, Bob!

Jamie

Married on 01/17/2017

Bob did a wonderful job playing steel drums at our rehearsal dinner. He was friendly, upbeat, and played beautifully.

D
dawn

Married on 11/26/2016

Our wedding was in the Florida, Keys in November 2016. My husband wanted something a little different at the cocktail hour and Bob was perfect! He played many different songs. He gave us the tropical feel of the Islands! I would highly recommend Bob Lyons to anyone.

Mailyn
Mailyn

Married on 10/14/2016

Our wedding was on October 14, 2016 at The Palms Hotel & Spa in Miami Beach and we absolutely loved having Bob play during our cocktail hour. He does a phenomenal job with the steel drums and is super friendly and professional. Needless to say, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Thanks so much, Bob! :)

JoAnna

Married on 10/07/2016

Bob Lyons was the highlight of our hurricane wedding! He was so flexible and willing to do whatever it took to make our wedding ceremony unforgettable (even being at the venue at 7:00 AM)! All of our guests raved about the beautiful music and said it was one of their favorite parts of the day. Bob is not only an outstanding professional and truly gifted musician, but he is an amazing human being and we could not have been more thrilled with our entire experience working with Bob. THANK YOU for making our wedding day so special, Bob!

E
Esmeralda

Married on 09/23/2016

Can't have a wedding at the Keys without Bob Lyon's Steel Drums music! It made our ceremony and cocktail hour very special and the guests were very pleased with the music.

Jayne and Joe
Jayne

Married on 09/10/2016

Bob was awesome! He played at our ceremony and cocktail hour. It was a nice touch to an outdoor, rooftop Florida wedding. He's excellent!

F
fay-ann

Married on 06/25/2016

I'm from the Caribbean and wanted steel drum music at our wedding, we came across Bob Lyons on u tube and fell in love and had to have him play at our wedding. That was the best decision we made. He was very professional and was so flexible when we had to change a few things at the last minute. Our guest loved him and he help put a little Caribbean flare to our wedding. Thank you.

G
Gail

Married on 05/28/2016

If you want the best entertainment in steel drums don't hesitate with Bob Lyons! He made my son & daughter-in-laws wedding magical and more than perfect with the beautiful and breathtaking sounds of his music. He played for the ceremony and cocktail hour. If you want that tropical feel hire Bob for your special event. The guests still continue to rave about him. He is fabulous to work with it and I promise you will not regret it. I highly recommend him!

R
Roshini

Married on 05/28/2016

Bob Lyons played for our wedding reception last May. Bob was very easy to work with, responsive and flexible to our requests, and actually learned to play a few songs we really wanted! Great work!

Married on 05/07/2016

Bob's music added the perfect touch to our FL Keys Wedding. Everyone loved it! Bob is professional & easy to work with, highly recommend him and adding a steel drummer to your event.

jada

Married on 03/12/2016

We HIGHLY recommend Bob! Bob played his music for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at Logan's Place in homestead on March 12, 2016 and he did a phenomenal job! He was my favorite part of our wedding! He was on time, professional, full of energy and made our cocktail hour memorable! If you want your guest to have a unique experience Bob is your guy because we absolutely recommend him to anyone! Thank you Bob, my husband and I mean every word!

Mike

Married on 01/10/2016

Bob was all that you'd hope for. He was very responsive and professional. The music was amazing and all of our guests were floored over how well Bob performed during the ceramony and cocktail hour.
Value wise, Bob was actually less expensive than we would have initally expected.
One of my best wedding memories is hearing Bob play for our guests during cocktail hour while my wife and I were getting photographed on the opposite end of the beach, at sunset.
Thanks Bob!

K
Kendra

Married on 11/11/2015

Bob was by far my favorite part of my wedding in addition to the location! The music was AMAZING and everyone loved it. Bob played the music for my wedding and the cocktail hour back in Nov 2015. We were able to hand pick every song and had so much fun doing so. He always responded immediately when I emailed him and and was helpful in the planning process. His music is wonderful and he is very professional. I ended up ordering all his CDs after the wedding so I could continue to remember the sounds of the day. I really hope I get to hear his music in person again some day! My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Bob for the wonderful sounds of steel drum music! The music is magical.

K
Kara

Married on 10/31/2015

Bob is such an awesome guy! We asked him to play his drums while we were walking down the aisle and for cocktail hour, and to be the emcee for the reception for our very small wedding. During the email exchange, he responded quickly to all my questions, and was flexible when plans changed a little bit. The pricing was straightforward and very reasonable. On the wedding day, he was prompt and played perfectly. The music was lovely! Couldn't ask for a better sound for the beach! I would definitely recommend him for a beach or tropical wedding.

L
Lauren

Married on 10/24/2015

Bob was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was the first vendor I booked for the wedding -- knowing he was super talented and would add such a neat twist. He provided all of the necessary information to select the Ceremony music, and then even downloaded specific songs I requested in a specific order to play during the Cocktail Hour (for this very picky bride). He was so upbeat & encouraging throughout the process. While the process can be very stressful as a whole & in the many vendors you work with, Bob always left me with a smile on my face & feeling good about the experience. THANKS A MILLION for making it such a wonderful experience, and providing such great music/talent. So glad you were a part of our special day <3 Now I just need another event, so I can enjoy more! :)

Michael

Married on 09/26/2015

Bob Lyons was absolutely fantastic at our wedding. He performed during our guests arrival, and performed the ceremony music. Bob was always very responsive and professional, and our guests really enjoyed the steel drum music which matched our tropical wedding venue.

We would certainly recommend Bob for any event where you need a steel drum player. It was a pleasure to work with Bob and his stress-free attitude was definitely a welcome addition to our wedding day!

A
Anne

Married on 08/08/2015

Bob was so helpful, understanding, and professional every step of the way. He played the steel drums incredibly for two hours, then had us all dancing the rest of the night as our DJ. I can't imagine anyone else making our day so perfect. We'll never forget and we can't thank him enough.

Matt

Married on 07/11/2015

There is nothing like having live steel drum music at a beach wedding and Bob provided that for my wife and I. We received nothing but compliments from our guests on the music he played during our Ceremony and Cocktail Hour. It was a great personal touch that really added to the atmosphere of the hot Florida sun. His professionalism was top notch.

Married on 07/08/2015

Bob Lyons provided the music for our Rehearsal Dinner/Welcome Party. His music was amazing, and was such a wonderful additional to our party. Music selection was very easy and working with Bob remotely was a breeze! I would highly recommend him for your wedding or rehearsal dinner music!

User4314561

2+ years ago

Bob was the perfect touch for our wedding! We got married in Key Largo at the Hilton; having a beach wedding, there is no better way to walk down the isle, than to Bob playing the steel drums. He did a great job, all the music was wonderful! His services were very affordable and we was also very flexible. I had changed the date, and he was able to make adjustments so that we could still have his great music at our wedding. I wouldn't change anything about my wedding and I am so glad we found him for the ceremony and cocktail hour music. Also he is a very, very nice guy! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Jessica

Married on 05/22/2015

The steel drummer at the ceremony made the whole wedding the music was great! I would highly recommended!

T
Tracie

Married on 05/16/2015

Bob Lyons is AMAZING! We enlisted Bob's services for our destination wedding in Ft. Lauderdale and his presence and expertise is what made our wedding so special. But lets back up to the wedding planning phase for a second. Bob was extremely responsive to all of our inquiries, gave us great recommendations when we were choosing music, and even agreed to learn music that wasn't already in his arsenal if need be! On the day of the wedding everyone was shocked when they saw him playing the drums during the ceremony because they had no idea. The weather was perfect, beach in the background, and the sound of the steel drums made you feel like you were on an island. Bob stayed with us through the reception and played whatever we asked him to play and even did his own thing for a while. Bob is an amazing, talented, and friendly musician/entertainer and we're so glad he was part of our day! Thanks Bob!

Melissa
Melissa

Married on 05/01/2015

A must for a Keys (or any) wedding! He was fantastic and so easy to work with! Our guests loved the fun tropical vibe!

C
Connie

Married on 04/25/2015

We used Bob Lyon's Steel Drum for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding and cocktail hour which was at Bonnet House. Bob was professional and extremely easy to work with. I loved that he was quick to respond on any questions we had regarding the music. Many of the wedding quests were from out of state, and all commented on home much they enjoyed the music and the south Florida flavor Bob added to the evening. Bob made it perfect.