Back to Brian C Idocks Photographics

Lisa
Featured
Lisa

Married on 01/26/2019

Brian and Derica are AWESOME!

We loved working with Brian and Derica for our recent wedding celebration! Their photos were wonderful, their customer service was exemplary, and they both made us feel so happy and comfortable during this whole process that we honestly just loved hanging out with them. I knew we were in great hands with them, and I am excited to sing their praises to anyone who may be looking for a photographer in the future.

T
TaShanda

Married on 06/17/2019

10 out of 5 stars

I am so happy that we chose Brian and Derica to capture our special day. They are an amazing team, who loves what they do. They made us feel comfortable, which is saying a lot because my husband shares taking pictures. In addition to being great photographers, they are also great people. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer!

Caroline Deluca

Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing time

Not only did Brian leave me with the most absolutely beautiful photos, he is so fun to work with! He makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera and is so fun you have a blast!

Heather
Heather

Married on 05/31/2019

Super professional!

Brian and Derica are amazing! Professional, fun, creative, energetic... They did a wonderful job with our photos and are extremely reasonable with pricing. I highly recommend them as photographers! If we ever need a photographer again we will definitely use them!

Ken Westphal

Married on 05/03/2019

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our engagement & wedding. The photos they took turned out amazing, even exceeding our high expectations! It was great working with Brian and Derica as they made us feel comfortable during our photo sessions, even letting us do some of our own pose ideas. They were easy to communicate with and were always very quick to reply to our emails. We received our photos in a very timely manner (1 month), which was just in time to do Thank You cards with our new wedding photos. For anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding, we highly recommend Brian and Derica!

T
Tonio Beasey

Married on 03/02/2019

Great photographers!

My wife and I have no bad things to say about our experience with Brian and Derica. The pictures came out beautifully, there were so many for us to choose from for our wedding book, and they even stayed past the time the were contracted to work to photograph the full experience. Very happy with the outcome.

A
Amy Spaulding

Married on 03/01/2019

Absolutely Amazing

We truly can't express how amazing Brian and Derica are. Brian is so incredibly talented we couldn't imagine our wedding day pictures looking any better. The best part, is their ability to make you feel comfortable with them. Full of dad jokes, and sarcasm, my (now) husband and I were right at home. Many other photographers in the area charge double what Brian does. Don't waste your money, it won't get any better than Brian & Derica.

Clair

Married on 02/02/2019

Amazing Photography Team

Brian and Derica were truly amazing. Answered all our questions, and were able to accommodate two different cultures for our wedding and engagement pictures. Our photos turned out wonderful. Highly recommend Team Idocks!

R
Renee Turner

Married on 10/27/2018

Best photographers ever!

We used Brian and Derica (a dream duo team) for our wedding and the were absolutely amazing! I’m so glad that we went with this amazing husband and wife team!

A
Alyssa

Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing! They really are the best

M
Michelle

Married on 08/04/2018

We were very pleased with our experience having Brian and Derica do our wedding photography. We chose them because we were very impressed with the work that they displayed on their website. Even before we met them, we could tell that they were very experienced just based on reading their website and their commentary on different wedding related items. We thought that their pricing was very competitive and seemed to be a good value. Brian was very easy to communicate with via email. He called me before the wedding to discuss how things would work on the day of the wedding and just the details of it all. They were at the hotel early on the day of the wedding and arrived to my hotel room on time. I really liked how Brian helped to direct how you pose during the pictures, especially since I am not the most comfortable person in front of a camera. His advice was very helpful, and he has an amazing attention to detail. He has an expansive amount of experience from which to draw, and he uses that knowledge to help you have better wedding photos. He will definitely let you know what is opinion is regarding a topic, and I found that to be helpful as well. He seems to be very passionate about his work, and I think that it comes across in his work. Overall, we were very happy with our experience with Brian and Derica, and we would recommend them wholeheartedly.

S
Stacey

Married on 06/18/2018

Phenomenal for our elopement. Worked with our little family of 6 and gave us the relaxed, easy going experience we wanted! Pictures are stunning.

G
Ginger

Married on 04/21/2018

I really can't rave enough about this company, Brian and Derica are awesome! They take incredible photos and work seamlessly together. Brian makes you feel completely comfortable and taking pictures was fun! I had a sticky situation occur on my wedding day, Brian made me laugh and forget about it. The florist didn't put the flowers on the groomsmen, Derica didn't hesitate to help even though that's not her job. Our wedding guests loved the team, I heard lots of compliments. They both go above and beyond for your special day. If you want to have fun with your photographers (because they are really funny) and know that your pictures are going to be AMAZING, hire them!

andrea
Andrea

Married on 02/03/2018

Brian and Derica were amazing for both our engagement shoot and wedding day. Our photos speak for themselves, just go to the website and see! They were very accommodating for our multiple locations on the wedding day. Brian had great tips for keeping me calm and on time too! We are so happy with how everything turned out. Choose Brian, you won't regret it!

Capri

Married on 10/08/2017

If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding, please stop and read this! This will be hands-down the best vendor decision you make. Brian and his wife Derica could honestly charge whatever they wanted for their services because they are that good! However, he had mentioned to me that he used to charge much more, but it felt wrong when he knew he could do it for less and make someone’s dream a reality – wow, tell me that doesn’t just say a lot write there. I could write for hours, but I’ll keep it to the point for you brides-to-be. I relied heavily on vendor reviews to make my decisions. I can honestly say I selected the absolute best vendors when it came to value and service! Brian C. Idocks also included our Engagement Session with our package, and it was the perfect way to get to know him and wife. Brian is absolutely hilarious (sarcastic – right up my alley), which made the day so much more calming for both my husband and myself. I promise that you cannot get a better photographer for the price! The sneak peek image he sent me of my wedding is absolutely stunning – I cannot wait to share them.

Kelsey

Married on 06/23/2017

My husband and I were married aboard the Yacht Sensation in Clearwater Florida on June 23, 2017. Brian and Derica were our photographers and did a fantastic job! I was planning the wedding from NC so I chose Brian C Idocks Photographics LLC based on past reviews and the preferred vendors list from the ship and I am so glad that I did! Brian and Derica were very professional, prompt, and the photos are AWESOME! I emailed Brian SEVERAL times throughout the planning process and he was always quickly responsive and answered all of my questions thoroughly. The day of the wedding, Brian and Derica were all set up and ready to go as soon as I arrived at the ship. They worked quickly to make sure that all the important moments were captured throughout the night but also made sure that my husband and I enjoyed our wedding and guests. Overall, we were very pleased with our photographers and so glad we chose Brian C Idocks Photographics for our wedding!

Katie

Married on 02/24/2017

Brian and Derica were not only wonderful photographers (our pictures came our beautiful and family and friends can't stop gushing over them), but they were also lifesavers on the big day, filling in the gaps and helping with all the little emergencies that arise. For example, somehow we couldn't find the straight pins that were sent with the men's boutineers, but we had had brought some safety pins. Derica figured out how to make it work for my dad and then went around to the other ushers, best man, and my groom to make sure they could all do it or do it do it for them. That's just one example of how they go above and beyond to capture and ensure the perfect day. As far as picture taking itself goes, Brian has 20+ years experience and between him and the always brilliant Derica, they didn't waste time, were efficient, and got some creative and absolutely beautiful shots. Would recommend to anyone.

Holly
Holly

Married on 02/11/2017

Brian and Derica were absolutely amazing, and one of the best decisions that my husband and I made for our wedding. Both my husband and I are not people that enjoy getting our photo taken - something we mentioned to them right away for our engagement session. But within 5-10 minutes we were both laughing and extremely comfortable.

Side note - if you're even thinking about doing an engagement session, just do it. It's so worth it to get comfortable with your photographer. It's something that I wouldn't have done if it wasn't included in our package. But it made our wedding day a lot easier and more comfortable than if we would have been meeting them for the first time.

Brian and Derica really go above and beyond the call of duty - Brian had to help my mother lace up my dress (yes, it really happened). And Derica had to help my bridesmaids bustle my dress before the reception. They could have ignored both of these situations, or just stood by while my family and friends tried to help me. But they jumped right in without hesitation, which was amazing.

Not to mention the pictures they take are beautiful and amazing in every way. I couldn't have been happier with the results from both our engagement session and our wedding - all of our family and friends have given compliments to the quality of the pictures. And members of my family are still talking about how professional Brian and Derica were, and how helpful and funny and every other adjective you could use to describe. Hands down, the best money we spent for the wedding and would highly, highly recommend to anyone in the area!

Crystal
Crystal

Married on 01/21/2017

Working with Brian and Derica was the best decision my husband and I could have made for our wedding. They were amazing to work with and our photographs are extraordinary. Brian and Derica answered all of our questions and were very familiar with our venue. The engagement session was a lot of fun and it gave us a chance to get to know them and for them to get to know us. They captured all of the important moments. Most importantly, Brian and Derica kept us laughing and smiling. Thank you Brian and Derica!

Karleigh

Married on 10/27/2016

Brian and Derica are simply amazing. The photos are beautiful. During the wedding they were extremely easy to work with, great with guests and professional!

Kristen

Married on 05/05/2016

Working with Brian and Derica was hands down the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding. They were a pleasure to work with, very experienced, and our photographs are breathtaking. First, Brian and Derica were early for every appointment we had with them. They answered all of our questions, were familiar with our venue (the Florida Aquarium), and at our first meeting they came with lots of samples of their work, including photos they'd taken at the aquarium. They kept in contact and let us know exactly what to expect from start to finish. The engagement session was a lot of fun-it gave us a chance to get to know them but also helped us get familiar with poses, expressions, and what we did and did not like in our photos. This made photographing the wedding even easier. They worked with all of our vendors to coordinate the flow of the wedding. They captured all of the standard and important moments, but also managed to capture Sean and my personalities and the feel of our wedding. They recommended other vendors to us and gave us some advice for planning the wedding which was very helpful. It was so nice to work with such experienced photographers because on the wedding day I didn't have to worry about asking for this pose or that pose. Brian and Derica took us through the entire evening and all of the events, and they captured all of them. Our posed pictures don't look stiff, but all of the details such as the train of my dress, my flowers, hair, etc was managed (thanks Derica! ) so that the pictures look great. Most importantly, Brian and Derica kept us laughing and smiling. They were such a pleasure to work with and my only regret is that we did not have more time with them. They truly went above and beyond for us, and because we were so comfortable with them our pictures are wonderful. I know two other girls who got married in the same month as me and both have commented how much better my photos are. Thank you Brian and Derica!

S
Sean

Married on 05/05/2016

With all of the stress of wedding planning and working with a budget, this wonderful photography duo was one aspect that helped calm both me and my wife down. Brian and Derica are extremely friendly and fun people to work with. Their photographs are hands down amazing, and that's not all. I constantly hear people talk about spending thousands and thousands of dollars, just to be told to spend hundreds to thousands more just to get copies of their photographs with giant copyright stamps and photographers names blasted largely on the photographs. Who wants that?! These two know what they're doing. They offer the best photographs, the best service, and all I want to do is share the photographs and talk about how amazing Brian and Derica are.

Enough about that. The real reason I want to write a review is because they are the best to work with. You would think during a stressful time, Family would be the ones to calm you down. Not at all. In fact, family is the most stressful part of the entire endeavor. Brian and Derica, although 'just' your photographers, are somehow able to keep you calm and ensure you're focusing on enjoying the wedding, not the behind the scenes parts of the wedding. They have a unique way to get you in the right placement for great photos without it being awkward. If they want you to laugh, they don't say "laugh. " They'll make you laugh. The photographs will come out genuine and they capture the moment of the wedding you didn't have enough time to enjoy when it was really happening. They were extremely flexible, easy going, and always showed up early. They were by far the one part of the wedding you knew you really didn't have to worry about.

In addition to the wedding, my wife and I got our engagement photos with them as well. They offered great suggestions for locations and photographs. Of course, they all came out amazing. I can't speak highly enough about working with them. Thank you so much Brian and Derica!

CANDACE
CANDACE

Married on 02/06/2016

ZERO complaints! Ok, haven't ordered our album yet, but we saw samples of the finished product in person and it's excellent quality! Our wedding moments were captured so beautifully, BEYOND what I could have dreamed... Ok, one complaint... I wish we could have hired Brian and Derica for LONGER! Their creative angles, funny/distracting humor (yes, this is a good thing to calm those wedding day jitters! ), and prompt/thorough replies were top notch! I would recommend them to anyone, as they are (without being told) visibly experienced and have the natural knack for wedding photography. I read reviews before our big day about their stepping up beyond their paid services and we saw that BIG TIME during go-time! Super helpful and pleasant to work with! A+++ :)

User6315570

2+ years ago

My husband and I are obsessed with all our photos! We have hard the hardest time choosing our favorite to enlarge for our wall! So of course we will just enlarge multiple pictures because they ALL are our favorite lol! :)
I can't say enough wonderful things about Brian & Derica , their passion and talent is clearly seen in their work. Brian & Derica are two of the nicest & funniest human beings. They took SUCH good care of us all day on our big day!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you , Deanna & Roque McMaugh

Amy & Dan
Amy

Married on 10/02/2015

Photography was the very first thing my husband and I booked, and it was because (after finding them on ww) I went to Brian's website and fell completely in love with their photos. I knew I wanted them and did not want to have to budget out money later on in order to do so. I am so glad we did too! Brian and Derica were so amazing! My husband and I got married in my hometown of Tampa, FL, so that meant planning out of state, and they were so helpful every step of the way. Once we spoke not he phone during our consultation, I knew it was the right decision to go with them, and my gut had been right after seeing their stunning work online. Our package came with an engagement session, but since we live out of state, had to turn it into a sort of romance session he night of the rehearsal dinner. I am so glad we did this, because truthfully, I am not the most confident in my body, and my hubby can be a bit awkward. Since we listened to their advice and met with them for that shoot, the wedding went so smoothly. We felt at ease and felt as though they were our friends. Brian is hilarious, and they are both genuinely nice and amazing at what they do. I am so excited to get our pictures back. I am so thankful we had them on the most important day of our lives!