Back to Brightfield Farm

24 Reviews for Brightfield Farm

Featured
Carole

Married on 05/21/2016

Jim and Tanya made everything so easy for all of us. All the decision making, ideas for setting things up and on and on. They helped personalize things, helping add touches here and there. They worked with us on the time crunch we were on and they had patience and a smile on their face the whole time. The farm and barn are by far the most beautiful spot to have any kind of celebration. We thoroughly enjoyed the night time air, the full moon and all the fireflies! As the mother of the groom I know weddings can be stressful, but they made it a breeze. It looks like a lot of hard work what they do, but I can tell it is something they both love to do. It is obvious their heart is in it and they care for the people they open their farm home to. We will sing their praises and can't thank them enough. I think we have made new friends!

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Carole, we loved helping. Coming from so far away could have been super stressful but as you saw once you got here, not a lot of decorating etc required and we were thrilled to help. SO HAPPY the fireflies were out during the wedding, they made the fields look like a fairyland! If I could add photos to this reply I would (hint.,..they are all the night time barn pics with the little flags and the spectacular chandelier simply dripping with mason jars and fairy lights that your amazing son constructed.
We miss you.

A
Allison Miller

Married on 06/25/2019

Outstanding venue

This venue and the owners were absolutely amazing! My wedding was held here on June 15 2019 and my day was perfect at brightfield! They are amazing and highly recommend

M
Megan Keeling

Married on 11/03/2018

Our Wedding was a DREAM

When I came across this venue, I thought it was too good to be true. The pricing, the location, the GORGEOUS barn and the overall history of the property made our jaws drop to the floor - we felt like it was a real life Terry Redlin painting! We quickly scheduled a visit to meet with the owners. Every time we went to visit the venue, we were greeted at the front gate on time and professionally - Jim and Tanya were adopted quickly into our family because they were so loved. They asked what my vision for our big day was and how they could help - bending over backwards to help in any way they could or suggest things that might be possibilities - as there are several spaces on their property for ceremony/reception locations. This place at golden hour is an absolute fairytale. They made planning with the bride's family a breeze - especially since the bride's family was from out of state. SO many people commented on how it was the best wedding they've ever attended before because of the beautiful and relaxed atmosphere. I could not have dreamed up a better venue. You know you picked a good one when you specifically sat back in the middle of your own big party of two families becoming one and thought "this all feels like home". We are so grateful for how everything came together with this venue and for meeting Jim and Tanya.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

We love you all as well, and couldnt have imagined a more perfect wedding or family. You will always and forever be welcome here.
You know it was all of your planning that made the farm sing though. You created such a warm atmosphere. We miss you all.

Asante
Asante Zepeda

Married on 10/06/2018

The Best Place EVER!!!

This place is gorgeous & perfect for any event! The owners are nice & the place was very affordable. They have so much beautiful space that it get hard to decide on which area to hold your event. I loved everything about this place and would recommend it to anyone who wants a rustic/barn style event.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

WHAT a wonderful wonderful wedding you had! Incorporating your parents ceremony music in your ceremony was just so sweet and thoughtful. You must come back! We'll sit on the porch and watch the deer and turkeys!

Chris

Married on 03/25/2018

This was the most amazing experience that we had with Jim and Tanya and planning our wedding. Absolutely one of the best outside venues in the area and barn is gorgeous. There are so many options available from outside, to inside the barn to different areas around the farm to have a wedding you would be amazed. Jim and Tanya are always available to assist you and answer questions and are super helpful all the way through the process. The pole barn was the perfect place to have the reception. They go above and beyond to make sure you have the perfect day.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

We will NEVER forget your wedding, OR your first contact because it was the sweetest thing! Crystal has The Best Husband in the world, I think. For such a quickly planned almost spontaneous wedding it was the prettiest thing! And so ROMANTIC. Ceremonies in the barn are so intimate. Thank you for letting us be a part of such a great day for you both!

A
Amanda

Married on 03/21/2018

Choose Brightfield. It was THE easiest decision we made. Tanya and Jim are incredible people. They are such helpful and genuine people. All of our guests raved about how beautiful the entire venue was. We had our wedding on a Wednesday, and they were so accommodating! There's several different locations you can choose from for the reception or ceremony. They helped make out dream day a reality!

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Thank you for talking us into a March wedding. It was AMAZING and just felt "right" for you and Britt. The leather jackets? Brilliant idea. Your ceremony in the Paddock facing those trees with the amber fields in the distance - sigh. And the photos Jessica (Iron Lace Photography...plug it in, plug it in) took in the woods with the sun setting behind -just so ethereal. You two were terrific. Thank you for letting us be part of your day. We count you as friends.

Kristen

Married on 11/10/2017

The Broadbent's were fantastic! My (now) husband and I were wanting to have a quick/easy "planned" elopement. They were so kind, welcoming and made us feel like family. The tobacco barn was amazingly beautiful; if I could move in there we would and for a small 8 person justice of the peace ceremony, it was fitting. They were even able to help us find our officiant which made the process smoother. As a military couple trying to get married before he left for 6 months we had our work cut out but the wedding we had at Brightfield was above and beyond what we both that could happen in under a month of planning. We were blessed to find this wonderful venue and the owners who we now consider friends.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Well, your plaid top and diaphanous skirt MADE that wedding. It was, how do I say this, PERFECT. Thanks for letting us give you a cake! And for letting us help, because we've been through these last minute Military almost elopement ceremonies, and we really want to eliminate any unneeded stress. You all have enough with which to deal, right? The day was beautiful, D was a joy (and so smart to figure out the light problem!). Please come back and visit when the hubby gets back!

N
Natalie

Married on 06/17/2017

What a hidden gem! This place was so very magical. It had every amenity you could want all tucked away a little north of Nashville. The couple, Tanya and Jim are the kindest couple and so easy to work with. The setting is so beautiful in its own right that very minimal decorating is needed. Rentals are also not needed with Brightfield Farms. They have a very large pavilion as well as an old tobacco barn which has been updated with electricity where they have stringed lights, chandeliers and lanterns already available for you to use at no extra cost. They also supply nice white folding chairs, round tables, long farmhouse tables, shabby chic white tables that can be used for card tables and gift tables. They have tulle, burlap, votive candle holders and so much more! Tanya has made every detail a priority. Truly, this place has it all and it is so affordable for such a picturesque landscape. Every idea that I had for my wedding since I was a child was brought to life here. I was blessed to be able to have my wedding at such a beautiful and welcoming venue. Thank you so much for the great memories that I will cherish for a lifetime!

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Oh Natalie, your wedding...sigh. Could there have been a more perfect day? Your ideas were so perfect for the farm! Jim and I were blown away with them. The flowers entwined in the barn chandeliers, your convertible dress YOU designed and constructed, the creative way you used our lanterns and spaces. The photos from your wedding, (especially the shot of you both walking down the gravel road with the "Just Married" sign on your backs) were so fun, just like your wedding. The paddock for the ceremony was so romantic. Loved you both so much.

Tess

Married on 05/13/2017

FAIRYTALE VENUE WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK!
The site: STUNNING
Price: UNBELIEVABLY AFFORDABLE
The Owners: BEST!

I have never fallen so in love with a space or the people who run it like I did the owners of this farm! This venue has the "too-good-to-be-true" feel, until you see that the owners have made it their passion project in order to provide a beautiful, welcoming, stunning atmosphere for weddings.
My husband and I are from Nashville, and had to check it out when we heard of them, not knowing how much we would completely fall in love with not only the spaces, but the owners themselves. They have put everything into this farm, the garden, the chandelier-lit barn, comfortable, beautiful, fully-loaded bridal suite, separate Groom's ready Room (which doubled as the bar at cocktail hour in the garden for us! ) and newly added outdoor pavilion in order to share it's magic with brides and grooms who love the beauty of Tennessee; not its price tag.

The owners were completely welcoming and worked around our needs as a busy couple from Nashville; who only visited twice before the wedding. The spaces provided within the farm are stunning, and although you may choose as many or as few as you would like, I have to recommend the Garden and the barn as MUST!

I have never been so far away from, yet felt so close to, home; while having our wedding here. The owners went above and beyond in every way possible to make our day special (they even wrote me months before to ask what flowers and colors I wanted them to plant in order to bloom during our wedding!).

This venue has true heart, soul, and a sense of family; which is what it is all about.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

I don't know how to reply to this, there are no words. I will remember EVERY. THING. about your wonderful wonderful wedding, but mostly all of the joy. Do you realize that EVERYONE, absolutely everyone including your photographers, were ALL smiling? All the time? One of my favorite favorite memories was walking past the garden during your cocktail hour before everyone had moved on to the pavilion and barn) and seeing the two big circles of garden benches and chairs and hearing all of the laughter.
NOTHING tripped you up. Thanks for taking the last minute suggestion of using bubbles for your entrance when the music was missing. It was not only the perfect distraction but suited your wedding so well.
EVERY part of your wedding and reception was a joy and our wish is everyone would have such an experience. And as busy as you both were (New Chefs! Newly transplanted to Nashville! ) you still had your wedding here rather than in the city where it could have been a bit easier on you. It was an honor and we will never forget you. Or your flowers from the Nashville Flower Market, or your dress, or your shoes (!) . Love you both so very very much.

G
Gloria

Married on 09/10/2016

Tanya and Jim were very welcoming from day one of our tour around the farm. I fell in love with them instantly. The atmosphere was magical. Tanya and Jim were more than accommodating. They were both very hands on in our preparations, it literally felt like they were part of my family helping to set up for the ceremony. My husband and I were the first ones to use their beautiful pole barn, which worked nicely for our dining area. I couldn't have asked for a better experience from the owners. Tanya was full of wonderful ideas to help make our day super special. I would highly recommend them for your event. You can't beat the location and the surroundings. The bridal quarters was a great place to house my wedding party. The big red barn in the perfect place to dance the night away with loved ones! The antique chandeliers are so beautiful at night. We had lawn games set up just outside of the barn and a memory tree just a short walk down the hill from the pole barn. I wish I could go back and do it all again! We even had a torrential down pour that lasted close to an hour, but that didn't stop us from having a wonderful time. I guarantee... You won't be disappointed.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

What a beautiful beautiful day-well, ignoring the storm that blew over...thank goodness for the barn/pavilion rain plan, right? Loved loved loved all of your wonderful ideas! The hay bales at the barn doors with the flowers and Fall VEGETABLES was so perfect I can't tell you, for the farm! And your dress, the colors you picked, your tremendous joy...everything was perfect. Bobby had a grin on his face the entire time. Your sweet ceremony in front of the barn doors with the green fields beyond, the sky opening up after the storm JUST in time for your walk, just stunning.
Your reception-such a fun one in the barn!
And I have to mention how much laughter was emanating from the dressing area and the patio. Your bridesmaids were so great! Love to both you and Bobby.

Tina

Married on 10/24/2015

Brightfield Farm provides a beautiful setting for a memorable wedding service. This was our second time working with Jim and Tanya and they are a joy to be around. They have a passion for weddings and everything was absolutely perfect.

Thank you Jim and Tanya.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Thank YOU, TIna. You design and construct such stunning stunning weddings, we are just a simple backdrop for all of your beautiful creative ideas. Thank you for letting us help again! We're blessed to have you in our lives (and not just because you drape one heck of a ceremony space!)

B
Brooke

Married on 10/10/2015

I absolutely loved working with Tanya and Jim. They went above and beyond to make sure my special day was exactly that, special. This venue is beautiful for both ceremony and reception. The location can sometimes be a little tricky to find but they even go as far as to place signs on the road to help your guests find their way! Nothing but great things to say about Brightfield Farm.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Being off the beaten path IS sometimes a drag but that's what makes us a "hidden gem" . That's fancy talk for we need a larger sign.
Your wedding was beautiful, and the sunflowers! They were the perfect touch! That paddock ceremony with your beautiful arch and the curly aisle hooks - so pretty! Your reception with the round tables in the field south of the barn were showing up on Google Earth! Loved the lanterns on the tables under the lights. You planned such a stunning wedding, Brooke. Happy happy thoughts to you both!

Tonya

Married on 09/19/2015

My husband and I searched for a vendor not long after he proposed. I sent over an e-mail to Tanya and she responded very quickly. When I saw Brightfield, I knew it was everything we had envisioned for our memorable day. It is actually about 5 minutes from our house and 10 from our families which made it easier to accommodate our guests. The barn is where we held our reception along with tents were set up right next to the barn to seat our guests. Our ceremony was held in the small field behind the barn. It was picture perfect and everything we've ever wanted.

Tanya and JIm were a blessing! They are very knowledgeable about vendors in the area and where to catch the best deals. These two very incredible people helped make our special day memorable and beautiful! I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants an outdoor or country wedding. Take a moment to check this place out!

Brightfield Farm's reply:

You created a monster with the paw paw weather forecasting tip. If you can't find us it's because we are happily lost in cutting paw paws. Also quite fun to say.
Yours was the first ever wedding in that little field north of the barn and it was so pretty with the hay high above the cut area. What a pretty setting! Just perfect perfect perfect!
It was so fun to host a wedding for you! Your plans were great! You made the barn look wonderful.

User5482603

2+ years ago

Mother of the Bride isn't always easy during the planning and the day of the wedding, but Tanya and Jim made this day special for the Bride and Groom along with me, "Mother of the Bride". You know your daughter wants everything to be perfect, so you know what your job is as "Mother of the Bride". Yes, make it happen! Brightfield Farm's has everything you would want in an outdoor wedding. Wedding ceremony in the Paddock, then moved to the garden for pre-reception, while finishing some pictures. Then we moved to the barn for the reception. What a fantastic place. You and your guest felt like you were in three completely different places. The setting is wonderful and Jim and Tanya understand what you are going through and are there to make the day not only special for the Bride and Groom, but also you as "Mother of the Bride". Brightfield is a special place with special people.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

This is one of the reasons we started this venture. Being a mother of the bride previously, I did NOT want another mother to have the same worries. So we try to make it as stress-free as possible and fun for the parents as well as the couple. We were honored to help!

Koty

Married on 05/10/2015

Tanya and Jim from Brightfield were just the greatest! They were so helpful and beyond sweet! My husband and I looked for what seems like forever to try and find the perfect rustic venue! We really wanted something authentic and the fact that it is a working farm just made it perfect for us! They have so many different options for ceremony and reception sites! We had our ceremony in the Paddock and reception in the barn! Tanya and Jim were so accommodating and helped us with all the little details! They have worked with a ton of vendors and can make suggestions on some of the best they have worked with! We couldn't have been happier with the service or the venue! I highly recommend this venue to anyone who wants a farm or rustic wedding!

Thanks for everything,

Matt & Koty

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Have you stopped smiling yet? Every time I saw you you had the most beautiful smile. Your ceremony was beautiful, of course, under the trees with the doves cooing in the paddock, but all the personal touches at your reception, like the wheelbarrows your dear father painted blue, and your stunning stunning stunning brooch bouquet, and the farm tables set outside the barn, the root beer toast etc but I have to admit my most favorite memory is the way you set up the play area for the children with the covered hay bales in a huge circle on the lawn by the garden. Very clever and such a nice way to corral them safely but with such pretty pretty attention to detail with the stenciled burlap covers.
And the super hero details were great! Love you guys so much!

H
Heather

Married on 05/10/2015

My niece was married here last month , I can not say enough great things about this place! The location is picturesque , the small touches are there, the rustic farm beauty is breathtaking at sunset and the owners were absolutely FANTASTIC to deal with! I would give them 10 stars! If you are looking for a reasonably priced venue that gives you way more than you pay to get check them out!
Heather Dawson

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Heather, it was your draping on the ceremony arch that made such a pretty setting. Your entire family was such a joy. One of our favorite photos from her wedding is the shot as she's being carried through the garden gate. SO SWEET!
The garden was so pretty that month, all the flowers cooperating and blooming at the same time! What beautiful memories!
We miss you, Heather. You were the best.

Tamsyn

Event date: 04/12/2015

As a photographer, I found the owners so very friendly and helpful! They truly take pride in what they do, from the beautifully kept property, to the kindness they show to everyone who comes to appreciate the view. I had a wonderful time photographing my client's engagement photos at this venue! 10 out of 10 would Brightfield Farms again ;)

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Oh thank you so much! We love having photographers out. They always find the most interesting spaces to shoot, and you found some that no one had ever used or discovered. I hope you come out again soon! Your shots are stunning!

Kelli

Married on 08/14/2014

I ran across a listing for Brightfield Farms and decided to give it a shot. Tanya answered the phone and immediately I had Goosebumps. She was a breath of fresh air and a joy to talk to! I told her exactly what I had wanted and she was so accommodating. I think we were on the phone for about 45 minutes laughing and talking as though we had been friends for years. We had set an apt. For my fiancé and I to come view the farm later in the week. I couldn’t wait!
As we pulled up to the farm, a quick 45 min drive from Nashville, it was breathtakingly beautiful. Miles and miles of greenery, I think they own over 100 acres. We met Tanya and her sweet husband Jim and they took us on a tour of their farm. We all hit it off so well just thinking about it right now gives me chills. There are several places to have a wedding ceremony on their property all just as beautiful as the last. We chose a place that they had not used for other weddings before. It looked like we were in Ireland with the rolling green hills, it was flawless. Jim did so much manual labor to make an already perfect landscape that much more so. My fiancé and I decided that this was the place we were going to say our I do’s do’s and that fact that Jim and Tanya were the owners only made us want to get married there that much more! They are one of the nicest couples we have ever met and we were so blessed to have found them. Tanya and Jim went above and beyond in making sure we had the most perfect wedding day. I get tears in my eyes just thinking of how perfect and beautiful everything really was. We had the reception in their beautiful rustic barn, covered with white lights and chandeliers. (They both stayed up late the night before our ceremony helping us set up and decorate, they didn’t have to do that. They are genuine sweethearts! ) From the begging to the end working with Tanya and Jim was a dream. Everything was flawless. They went so far above and beyond to ensure we had the most perfect day!

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Oh is this ever the best best memory. Jim giving your guests the wagon ride to "show them the farm" wink wink, pointing to the dinner set up in the barn and saying "this is where you'll have dinner after you see the farm, and then rising over the hill and your guests seeing your ceremony set up in the far far field! WHAT a wonderful surprise!!! It was so worth it to cut in the road to that space! Wasn't it perfect with that long long vista?
We love you and Casey so very much, and are so happy we became fast friends. That was one of the happiest phone calls I have ever had!

R
Rachel

Married on 07/05/2014

I would recommend Brightfield Farm to anyone that wants to have an amazing outdoor wedding. My husband and I would not have changed a thing about our special day and are so happy that we chose this venue. The owners are such great people and make you feel like family instead of clients.

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Loved loved loved how you found the most perfect crochet table runners EVER for your reception. They were perfect for the farm. I'm thrilled the day lilies were blooming so profusely, even though you and S. were almost hidden in them. We really need to thin those things out but they make the garden so pretty and secret garden looking.
Your ceremony east of the barn with your guests facing the field was so pretty and green in the late afternoon. Scott planned that barn shadow to perfection!
It was such a beautiful and perfect farm wedding! Thank you for choosing us, We are always always so honored to have a Military wedding here.

Tina

Married on 11/09/2013

Jim and Tanya at Brightfield Farm are a wonderful couple and a joy to be around. They were extremely helpful ensuring our plans for our daughter’s wedding were met. Whenever we had a question they were quick to provide an answer, which really eased our mind and allowed us to move on to other areas of planning. The farm itself is beautiful! Jim and Tanya continually maintain it so every wedding is picture perfect. Our daughter’s wedding was the last of the year and the farm was in perfect condition. Their own love for weddings is reflected in how they maintain Brightfield Farm with affordable prices for a perfect wedding venue.

We continue to receive comments on how beautiful the wedding was…. Thank you Jim and Tanya! You’re both a blessing!

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Oh Tina, your daughter's wedding...sigh. What a stunning stunning wedding with the draping and the crystal chandeliers and the long tables and the tiny tin pails of herbs. Yes, it WAS the last wedding of the season but it's Jim's constant vigilance that keeps the grass in front of the barn doors perfect. It's his "thing" . Nice to know when it's noticed.
We were so happy to help any way we could, your ideas were all fascinating. I'm so happy we all became friends! And Richard performed such a heart felt ceremony, it's an honor to have him back for other weddings here. You are FAMILY now you know.
The ceremony in the barn with that intriguing "S" shaped path for your daughter to her groom was a spectacular idea! And the tent at the back doors was brilliant. Not to mention all of the draping and string lighting behind it in the tent. So beautiful and fairy like.
Loved it AND you .

Crystal

Married on 11/02/2013

We actually cancelled with another vendor once we met Tanya and Jim and saw their masterpiece of a farm. It was absolutely PERFECT! And the owners are, without a doubt, above-and-beyond individuals. That celestial, perfect vision you have for your special day? Consider it done. They have you covered. Couldn't ask for better scenery, professionalism, and quality!

Brightfield Farm's reply:

While yes, your ceremony in the paddock was beautiful, the trees turning so golden making that shower of yellow as everyone walked down the lane to your barn reception was so special. And that RAINBOW!!! How did you plan that?
Loved your theme, it was such a happy choice!
Thank you so much for having your wedding at our little farm. It's weddings like yours with all the love that makes doing this worth it.

Katie

Married on 09/28/2013

Brightfield Farm is owned by two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Brightfield is the PERFECT rustic wedding venue in or around the Clarksville area. The price they quote you for also is fantastic for what you get. They will work with you for things you'd like for your event, as well as help with rentals and setting up. They are two hard working people, and it shows in their product!

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Well Katy and Koti, this is why I should wear my glasses when I use a computer. I misread KOTI for Katie and put our review for your wonderful wedding under her name.
The only way I can rectify that (that I can see) is to put Koti's under YOURS and hope she sees it. And I vow to ALWAYS WEAR MY GLASSES from now on.
Koti's wedding! It was terrific! The arch with the burlap and tulle draping, the hay rolls in the fields, Koti being carried through the garden gate, the beautiful arch her husband crafted, the people, it was all wonderful.
Their engagement photos were done in the lane during the fall and they are all washed with gold as all the leaves had just turned, making it like sun streaming through golden stained glass windows.
Thank you for having your wedding here, it meant so much that you picked us.
And again...so embarrassed for the mix up here. Argggghhhhh

Katrina

Married on 06/29/2013

I had been searching for months to find the perfect wedding venue. I knew instantly after meeting the owners that this was the place I wanted to get married. The owners are so sweet and very flexible to what you want for your wedding. Not to mention how helpful they were with helping with tips and tricks the days leading up and the day of the wedding. If you are looking for a chic rustic venue with a whole lot of southern hospitality and charm thrown in, this is the place to get married! If I could do it all over again, I would not change one thing! It was amazing! The perfect red barn backdrop, plenty of field space, beautiful lights and chandlers in the barn, and the perfect place for the bride and groom to get ready with their attendants.

Cori

Married on 05/18/2013

We had our daughters sweet 16 here and couldn't have had a better experience! Two of the most amazing owners who treat you like family from first contact. Never have I experienced such warmth and guidance in planning an event... Making me feel as if it were their only! The place is charming, authentic, beautiful and with their helpful input can be molded to fit any type of event! (Ours was a masquerade ball! ) perfect!

Brightfield Farm's reply:

Our first Sweet Sixteen party, ever, and what wonderful memories! The barn looked superfantastic with the mirrors and the clear balls hanging from the rafters, the candles, the masks, the music. It was all such a happy happy time.
And we made the best of friends. It was just terrific that you let us help you with this.