Back to Bullock Texas State History Museum

S
Featured
Sarah Beggs

Married on 12/29/2018

BEST DECISION I MADE (other than marrying my husband)!

Everyone wants their wedding reception to be gorgeous, fun, relaxed, and memorable, and the Bullock Texas State History Museum made that dream a reality for us! Lily and her team were incredibly communicative, helpful, and friendly. She walked us through every step of the process and mitigated last-minute fixes so that we didn't have to. This venue is beautiful and grand in and of itself, and the excellent service that we received was the cherry on top! I would wholeheartedly recommend this venue, and I'm hoping they have availability in 2068 for our anniversary party!

Bullock Texas State History Museum's reply:

Thank you so very much for the wonderful feedback! It was absolutely our pleasure to host your reception and make it memorable- we're so happy that you're happy!

-Lily & the Bullock Events Team

W
William F. Markey

Married on 11/01/2018

American Leak Detection Awards Gala

The Bullock Texas State History Museum was simply the perfect venue for our event. Lily Alpern is a fantastic host and the most knowledgeable resource for our every need.

Briana Lacy-King from Rosemary's Catering did a fantastic job planning, preparing and serving our five course sit down meal. Everyone raved about the food.

I highly recommend this venue and these most capable folks.
Best regards,

Bill Markey
Event Coordinator
American Leak Detection

L
lisa

Married on 05/05/2018

Great venue

Lily was a delight to work with. Was quick to respond to all my questions/needs. Was on sight for the wedding and helped to make sure everything was perfect.

C
Carson

Married on 06/03/2017

The museum was the perfect place for our wedding reception. We had 300 guests attend. We had a cocktail hour, seated dinner and dancing. They was ample space for everyone. Jamie Nicholson and her staff are amazing to work with. Very professional group of people. It was a beautiful night thanks to them.

A
Andrea Kalmans

Married on 10/20/2016

The best bar mitzvah ever!

I can't say enough amazing things about the Bob Bullock and Rosemary's catering. Most classsy venue in Austin!

L
Leigh Anne

Married on 08/16/2014

I loved the Bullock! Not only is it a cool, beautiful, and fun venue for a reception but they also are so easy to work with - extremely professional and ask you about the things you don't even know to think about (like whether you want special box meals for vendors). The preferred caterer (Rosemary's) is awesome and they can create just about anything. All my guests raved about the food. I loved the grand entrance down the stairs, I loved the exit under the Texas star, and I loved the gorgeous facility- and the pictures turned out great too. It was a blast. I can't imagine a better venue.

J
Jessica

Married on 03/24/2012

Great venue and great experience working with the museum. They have a preferred caterer, which makes it very expensive to bring in outside food, but we loved their caterer. It is a pricey venue but they did a wonderful job.

User6045443

2+ years ago

1.4

We used the Museum for our wedding in September. Our contact was Courtney, we met with her and did a walk thru and we loved the space. However, after the contract was signed and our payment was received, Courtney was not good about answering questions or getting back to us in a timely manner. There are a lot of rules and restrictions that goes along with using the Bullock and they failed to be upfront about it or even help us navigate through it. In fact, if the caterer wasn't there to help us along the way there would have been so many potential problems. For the money you spend on the space you expect great customer service and I don't think we got that at all but our pictures are amazing.

Bullock Texas State History Museum's reply:

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your comments. We would like to follow up with you to learn more about your experience. Please contact us at events@thestoryoftexas.com or (512) 936-4631.