Back to By Invitation Only...Event Planning & Design

71 Reviews for By Invitation Only...Event Planning & Design

Featured
Sarah

Married on 05/27/2017

Melanie and her team are an absolute dream with which to work. When we first met, I had no idea what we wanted, what to do, or how to get started. Melanie was always responsive to my questions, ideas, or random worries; she guided and supported us through the wildly cumbersome process of planning a wedding while keeping it fun and exciting; and she made everything easy and stress-free. Melanie created the most beautiful fairy tale wedding we could have ever imagined. We’re so very grateful for all that she did for us in bringing our perfect day to life. I can't say enough wonderful things about By Invitation Only. I'd work with them again in a heartbeat.

Lara
Lara

Married on 12/31/2018

Everything We Could Ever Ask For

Melanie and her team did a spectacular job for our New Year's Eve wedding. We chose the Essential Design and Day of Coordinating package because I had already done a lot of the initial meetings by the time we decided to hire a wedding planner. I wish I had asked earlier though because this team really took the stress out of the entire planning process. Melanie was so organized at each of our meetings and helped me think of things that I hadn't even considered. She has an eye for what is going to look great, fit your budget, and fit the style of your wedding. We are so thankful to have found such a great team. I enjoyed our wedding day immensely and I know that had a great deal to do with all of the behind the scenes work that they did. I was able to relax and completely trust them to make sure every detail was perfect!

T
Tiffany

Married on 11/03/2018

Bio is a must!

Our wedding wouldn’t have been what it was without Melanie and her team! BIO kept everything organized for us and never let us get off schedule! Everything fell into place and our wedding night was 110% flawless! I couldn’t imagine doing it without BIO! If you’re on the fence about a planner— DO IT, and CHOOSE BIO!

Jesse

Married on 10/20/2018

Highly recommend!

Our wedding just wouldn't have been the same without Melanie and her team at BIO. I had been a part of a wedding that had Melanie as the planner and I knew that I had to work with her and BIO. I thought it was going to be tricky planning a wedding while living in Madison, WI, but Melanie was so organized and wasn't phased so I knew it was going to be a a wonderful wedding. She recommended vendors to me and contacted them when needed. She and the BIO team organized/decorated the venue, kept all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen in order (which is no easy feat), and kept everything right on schedule. I could not have asked for a better experience with Melanie and BIO. It was my dream wedding and I cannot thank Melanie and the team at BIO enough! I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a planner.

F
Frances

Married on 09/29/2018

Professional and Personal

I had many concerns of how all the details of a wedding reception would be completed. Melanie Murphy is a true professional and will navigate you flawlessly through your entire wedding planning process and wedding day. From our first meeting with Melanie, she listened to our vision for the wedding celebration, outlined the process for us and graciously kept us on task.

Melanie and her team executed our vision to a level that I never imagined while staying within our budget. Melanie’s experience and her extensive inventory are invaluable. Melanie and her team literally transformed a 22,000 square foot venue into a warm and welcoming wedding reception.

Melanie’s attention to detail is incredible. From the soft café lighting to creating a wall with family wedding photos as a backdrop for the guest book table – she takes everything into consideration and her creation is sheer perfection!

With Melanie handling our wedding celebration, it allowed us time to focus on family and friends with us the days before and the day of the wedding. These are memories that I treasure daily!

Melanie

Married on 07/07/2018

Wonderful!

Melanie and her team were amazing! They made sure my wedding day was flawless and that everything went perfectly. They truly made it a stress free and fun day! Would highly recommend them to any bride that wants a perfect wedding without the stress!

Melissa

Married on 06/03/2018

Melanie and her team completely transformed our wedding experience. I could not imagine anything more anyone could want from a wedding planner. Throughout the planning process Melanie is available to offer insight and organizational assistance, she accompanied us on vendor meetings and stepped in at the perfect moments to answer the questions we were obviously clueless about. Leading up to the wedding the most impressive thing about Melanie is that SHE JUST GETS STUFF DONE. She really puts all the work in ahead of time so nothing can go wrong.

Then on the wedding day she's like your ultimate ally- her and her team are so clearly there for us it made the whole experience so, so, so enjoyable. Her assistants were lovely, they brought us food, beer, and water during pictures, and then set up a time for us to eat our dinner up and away from our guests, which was really nice. They were bubbly and smiley the entire night. They were just such a pleasure to have around on such a special night. We cannot express how thankful we are for Melanie and her amazing team.

OH not to mention Melanie goes above and beyond to create the most beautiful venues. I'm the kind of girl who consistently leaves the hair salon unsatisfied because they can never quite get it how I want it, or how I feel I describe it. I walked into our reception STUNNED, everything was exactly how I imagined it in my head, and sometimes better. She just incorporates all the little details to pull everything together and create a seriously magical night.

Marykate Yawn

Married on 03/31/2018

The best ever

Melanie and her team were attentive, assertive and nothing short of professional. They made my day everything I could have ever dreamed of and they were available day and night in the months leading up to my big day. I honestly don't know what we would have done without Melanie and her guidance and expertise. She has seen it all. She has done it all. So you can rest assured that if something happens on your day- she's got it covered.

E
Erin

Married on 01/20/2018

Melanie and her team are so amazing! We have gotten so many compliments on how much fun and how beautiful our wedding was. Melanie literally took all of my ideas and turned them into a reality. My family and I had nothing to worry about on my wedding day. Melanie and her team took care of everything (communicating with the other vendors, decorating, keeping the families and bridal party under control, making sure everyone was in the right place at the right time). A wedding can be stressful no matter what. The month and more specifically week leading up to our wedding, my husband and I were have problems in our rental house (completely unrelated to wedding stuff). It would have been overwhelmingly stressful no matter what, but having the wedding added to everything I thought my head was going to explode. Melanie helped me so much there’s no way I could have gotten through everything without her. The week before the wedding Melanie helped me tie up all loose ends with the wedding and I was able to focus on getting the situation with my house fixed before our families arrived for the wedding. On our wedding day I had nothing at all to worry about. I’ll never forget arriving to the venue from the salon and seeing everything put together exactly how I had imagined it (like my Pinterest pages came to life). It literally took my breath away. My best friend referred Melanie to me. I have also been to several weddings that Melanie and her team have designed and planned. Each wedding was absolutely beautiful and different from the other. She’s able to match her design to each brides’ different personality and ideas. The best part about all of her weddings that I have attended is they have not only been breathtakingly beautiful but an absolute blast! She’s a necessity if you are getting married and need a planner. You won’t regret it!

Elissa
Elissa Creech

Married on 01/13/2018

Elissa and Cole's Wedding

The words 'thank you' do not give justice to how much we appreciate all that this amazing team of ladies did for our wedding on January 13, 2018! Everything went smoothly and as planned from the very first meeting to the minute our special day came to an end. We (my husband and I, my parents, sisters, and close friends) have recommended Melanie and By Invitation Only Event Planning & Design to others, and will continue to do so! The wedding planning process can be overwhelming, but they made it enjoyable and memorable. So enjoyable that we want to relive our wedding weekend every weekend! Looking back, we don't know what we would have done without them. They made all of our wedding day dreams come true. They are undoubtedly the best out there! We are eternally grateful for all their hard work and talent!

B
Brittany

Married on 05/06/2017

Where to begin - when I got engaged I was immediately overwhelmed with the process of planning a wedding. After our first meeting with Melanie I knew we were in great hands! She brought all of my wedding ideas and dreams to life, and then some! Her creativity is beyond amazing - she and her team made everything come together seamlessly. Not having to worry about a thing the day of my wedding was such a blessing! Beyond that, her professionalism and ability to be on top of everything from start to finish is worth every penny. I wish I could take credit for my amazing wedding when we receive compliments but it all goes to Melanie and her team! Anyone thinking about using By Invitation Only - you will not regret it!

H
Haley

Married on 03/24/2017

Melanie and her team were wonderful! Without her, my husband and I probably would have ended up at the courthouse. The decor was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined, every little detail was perfect. I didn't have to worry about anything the day of, there were no issues or disasters, and my mom got to relax and have fun with me on my big day! Wedding planning is stressful but Melanie made it SO much easier.

savannah

Married on 02/11/2017

Melanie Murphy and her team are nothing short of amazing. Melanie made our wedding day Absolutely spectacular and a dream! From the beginning Melanie was alwags there to answer any questions concerns or just to bounce ideas off of her. She also is a great person for vendor referrals and knows who is good and who is bad In any area! Melanie and her team were worth every penny and so much more! I cannot thank you enough!

Jordan

Married on 12/03/2016

Melanie and her team simply went ABOVE AND BEYOND for our wedding. She was so relaxed, extremely flexible, and best of all, she was excited about all my ideas! Melanie ensured everything ran smoothly and even stayed extra late on my wedding night to help organize some last minute items. Finally, she is crafty, creative, and has an endless flow of good ideas. I would recommend her to any bride over and over again.

F
Faith

Married on 11/26/2016

Personalable. Energetic. Involved. Professional. Melanie and her team are the best. From the first moment we sat down and talked, I knew she would be able to make my dream a reality. I will work with Melanie for all my future events!

T
Tammie

Married on 11/11/2016

What can I say about By Invitation only other then they are simply the best. Melanie went above and beyond for me and implemented my vision to perfection. Not only is she a delight to work with, she also is professional, meticulous and a joy to be around during the process. Her response time with questions were lightning fast. We were so happy to have her on board as our planner. She made my dream wedding a reality and I can't thank her and her staff enough for making it a perfect and flawless event.

C
carla

Married on 10/15/2016

Melanie and her team insure your day is PERFECT!

My daughter was getting married in Columbia, SC and she was living in Madison, WI. We both thought this was going to prove to be a challenge.... Boy were we wrong! I truly believe the ease of pulling off the perfect wedding was a result of Melanie and By Invitation Only. Her expertise, her knowledge, her creativity, her willingness and her desire to help you create your perfect day is truly remarkable. And the truly amazing thing is that she does it with such ease. It is second nature to her. She is one of the most organized people I have ever met. She and her staff pulled off the perfect day for my daughter and her new husband. Actually, the perfect day for me as well. It all went so smoothly. And seeing our dreams and ideas become reality...... It wouldn't have happened without her.

I really can't thank her enough. I actually miss working with her. I can't imagine...... When we are planning our next wedding, that anyone but Melanie would be helping us plan the perfect day.

Married on 09/03/2016

Booking Melanie Murphy and her team at By Invitation Only was the best decision we made while planning our wedding. Melanie helped us enormously throughout the planning process, but what really sold us was having her and her staff there to do the set-up and breakdown of the event. We were able to spend more time with our family and friends, and we didn't have to ask anyone to take on extra duties that would have interrupted their enjoyment of our wedding week. Our rehearsal was during Hurricane Hermine, but Melanie made it through the storm from Columbia to conduct the rehearsal in Pawleys Island. Plus when we were worried about the condition of the grass at the reception, Melanie told me she had already coordinated with the rental company to set up the tent before the storm in order to try to keep the grass dry. We didn't think a full planning service would be in our budget, but BIO's packages include extras that we would have had to pay for anyway. The little things that Melanie always brings to an event would have added up to a large, but necessary, cost if we'd purchased them on our own. Plus the stock items that BIO provides as part of the planning package are an enormous cost savings. I tell people all the time that having BIO as our planners made our dollars go much further than they would if we had done everything on our own. Book By Invitation Only! You will not regret it.

A
Ashlee

Married on 08/27/2016

The money we spent to hire "By Invitation Only" was the best money spent on our wedding. Melanie was so great from start to finish. She created my dream wedding. I wouldn't change a thing if I could re-do it. She was perfect. Melanie and her team helped calm my nerves throughout the entire day. If you are debating whether or not you should spend the extra money to hire a wedding planner - DO IT- HIRE MELANIE! You will not regret it.

K
Kristin

Married on 11/06/2015

Melanie is simply AMAZING! She made our wedding day absolutely perfect. She is always willing to do whatever it takes and goes above and beyond! I could not have had my dream wedding without her and her crew. I highly recommend Melanie!

P
Paula

Married on 10/24/2015

I highly recommend Melanie for any of your planning needs!

Married on 10/10/2015

This was the BEST decision I made any selecting any vendor. I had initially thought I could cut a corner and do this on my own, and I quickly saw how overwhelming planning can be. What's more, the weather changed for my outdoor wedding only days before the wedding was set to occur. Melanie and her staff were unphased and more than prepared. In one day, the setup was changed, other vendors were contacted, and our wedding occurred during a monsoon. BECAUSE OF MELANIE and the willingness of guests to make lemonade from lemons (only the weather), our wedding was absolutely perfect. To be able to say this after a flood dumping over a foot of water the week prior and only having 3. 5-4 days to dry, and then getting 2+ inches of rain on our wedding day, says volumes for Melanie. I was never panicked nor stressed, because Melanie handled it all!

The setup was absolutely beautiful--beyond anything I could have ever dreamed. Her professionalism, craft, vision, and ability is extraordinary. It was such a pleasure working with her! Many guests and my entire bridal party all commented on her professionalism and ability to plan and be prepared for all circumstances. "Thank you" falls so short!

Janice

Married on 04/25/2015

I was unsure if a wedding planner would be worth the money. I can honestly say it was more than worth every dime we paid Melanie Murphy. She made things run so smoothly, kept us on track with timelines, has and extensive inventory of items she will allow you to use at the rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. I don't think my daughter's wedding would have been as absolutely perfect without Melanie. I have told family and friends that it was the best money we spent. Do yourself a favor and give her a call. You will not regret it.

H
Haley

Married on 12/06/2014

My experience with BIO was absolutely exceptional! The final product of my wedding day was undeniably perfect. The response time was impeccable as well!

Jessica

Married on 11/07/2014

By Invitation Only created a dream wedding experience for us that met our budget and wowed our guests. Working with Melanie and Courtney was like pressing the "easy" button. They were fun, sweet and visionary throughout the process and, as promised, I didn't have to worry about a single detail on my wedding day other than having fun and saying "I do" to the man of my dreams. I wholeheartedly recommend this company!