Back to Caffe Gelato

J
Jordan Dennis

Married on 06/22/2019

Delicious & Amazing!

Cafe Gelato brought nothing but out of this world food and customer service. We received so many compliments on the food, gelato, and staff working. Everyone was top notch professional and eager to make the day perfect. They had everything prepped and displayed beautifully before all the quests arrived. The bar tenders and wait staff were better than we could have ever hoped for. We would 100% recommend Cafe Gelato to others!

M
Michelle

Married on 09/23/2016

Cafe Gelato not only catered our wedding in Elizabethtown, PA, they catered our rehearsal dinner in Hockessin, DE the night before our wedding too. Their extensive catering menu aloud us to have two completely different dinners and they were able to cater to my Celiac disease (GF pastas/breads/and even fried calamari!). They were extremely professional and the food was absolutely delicious. From the sushi and lamb lollipops at cocktail hour (only 2 of our MANY hors d'oeuvre) to the truffle glazed salmon, and demi glace filet, my husband and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

User6339995

2+ years ago

I just had my bridal shower at Caffe Gelato this past Sunday and I couldn't have been happier! Caffe Gelato has always been one of my favorite places to eat at, so the food was absolutely AMAZING as expected! I was so thankful for Aurora and Amy in the office who answered all of my emails with such detail. Our servers Lauren and Carmen were so sweet and attentive. My guests complimented on everything numerous times and many plan to come back to dine in the future! Thanks Ryan and Caffe Gelato for making my bridal shower so special!

S
Stephanie

Married on 01/02/2016

I had my rehearsal luncheon at Caffe Gelato. Originally I wanted to have my rehearsal luncheon there but they were actually closed the day of my rehearsal because it fell on a holiday. I then decided on a place down the street that was willing to stay open. We weren't happy with the place because they kept saying they didn't have a menu yet to choose from so we never were able to sign a contract to hold the date, then luckily Ryan German personally called me and made us an offer we could not turn down if we had our rehearsal with them instead because they were willing to now stay open. So we made the switch and we are so happy that we did! My rehearsal luncheon was perfect, the food was great, the staff very responsive to our needs and the atmosphere was very pleasant. I could not think of a better place to have a wedding rehearsal. Every one loved their meals and we were all able to order different items from the menu which had a lot of variety for a fixed menu. We had great dessert options and they had really good sangrias! They were very professional and they were easy to work with from planning to the day of rehearsal. We loved it so much that we plan to go back there again for dinner and gelato of course! The rehearsal was actually our first time eating there. We've passed it many times but never actually went in. I can't believe we've missed out on this hidden gem for so long!

M
Melissa

Married on 09/27/2014

Caffe gelato recently catered our wedding, and we have nothing but positive things to say. The food was delicious and for a great value. We got so many compliments on the food ( and still are one month later). From the cocktail hour, to the dinner, to the late night gelato bar, everything was perfect! Ryan, the owner was on hand at our event to make sure everything ran smoothly, the attention to detail was superb, they even brought little candles with them to add to the ambiance. The staff was friendly, attentive and very professional. I am very pleased with our experience and so glad we chose caffe gelato. Highly recommended to all the brides to be!

B
Beccy

Married on 08/31/2014

We couldn’t have been happier with our decision to use Caffe Gelato. We received a response within hours of our initial email and a phone call later that day to go over all of our event details. An absolutely delightful menu including scallops, summer salad with watermelon, filet mignon and lump crab cakes arrived a few days after that. We were extremely pleased with the pricing for the quality and quantity of food. Ryan German then took the time to meet us at our venue to discuss the layout and our rental needs. He even graciously agreed to have his staff learn a specific napkin fold for our dinner menus.

The day of our wedding, I don’t know what we would have done without Ryan and his staff. With showers in the forecast for the evening, we thought we’d be able to have our garden ceremony as planned and move inside for the reception. However, minutes before our ceremony was to begin, it started to rain. Ryan and his staff quickly ran outside and flipped over our ceremony chairs so the cushions wouldn’t get wet. After the first shower, they flipped all the chairs back over so we could start the ceremony. When it started to pour during the ceremony, Ryan actually ran up the aisle with umbrellas for the bridal party and even held an umbrella over me so I could read my vows. This was someone who could have just focused on the food and beverages, but he decided he was going to go above and beyond the call of duty. It was unbelievably kind and we were so appreciative!

The food and beverages were absolutely perfect during our cocktail hour and reception. There were an abundance of delicious hors d’oeuvres and the entrees came out just as we’d planned. Ryan and his staff were extremely attentive, professional, gracious and kind to each of our guests. We received many compliments on the food and service from our families and friends. We would highly recommend Caffe Gelato to anyone hosting a wedding a special event.

P
Paul

Married on 06/14/2014

Caffe Gelato catered our wedding on June 14th and it was the absolute best decision we made in the wedding planning process. Ryan, the manager, was amazing from day 1. If you are anywhere in the Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania or other nearby areas, I would not hesitate to contact them for a quote. You will be amazed at the value they provide. Caffe Gelato easily beat our other catering quotes by miles. In some cases, nearly half the price. Then of course, the food. The food was amazing. For our tasting we went to Caffe Gelato and enjoyed a wide selection of foods Ryan proposed for the wedding menu. Everything was very good, even the things we personally didn't love. I would say most of the dishes we tried were "go home and write a 5 star Yelp review"-good. On the big day (I still don't know how they did it! ) they served this restaurant-quality food to 120 guests. Literally every guest we've spoken with since the wedding has complimented the food, completely unprompted. Unanimous love for the crab cakes. My uncle said they were the best he's had in his life.

So let's recap:
Value -- unbelievable.
Food -- amazing.

Last thing to cover is the service. Again, Ryan, the manager was a pleasure to work with. Ryan helped us figure out the order of events, the best serving style for the venue, estimates for stocking the bar, planning the chair/table/linen rentals... He made our wedding happen. On top of already providing amazing value with their catering cost, Ryan and the Caffe Gelato team also came up with great ways to help us save even further on equipment rentals. On the day of, Ryan's team arrived ready to go, looking professional, working as a team, providing courteous service to our guests, any one of them knowledgable enough to make great decisions on event set-up and guest service.

I can't say enough about Caffe Gelato. I'm already looking down the road to wedding anniversaries or any other events where I can find an excuse to call on them again.

K
Kristy

Married on 09/02/2017

Great experience!

We live in the DC area and chose to get married at a beautiful venue in Delaware called Thousand Acre Farm. We didn’t have any family in the area and so planned most, of not all, of our wedding from afar. Caffe Gelato came recommended from my day-of wedding coordinator as well as a friend of a friend who lives near that area. We coordinated mainly by email (my choice) and, although it seemed someone new responded each time, they were always quick to respond, friendly, and helpful! I was pretty flexible as far as the food I wanted and they helped put together a few options of menus for me. About 2 weeks before the wedding, we met with all the major vendors at our venue and Ryan became our main point of contact. He was knowledgeable and experienced with events like this and made great recommendations for setup. That same day my parents and I traveled to the Caffe Gelato restaurant and had a free tasting of the menu items I had selected. Although it was a bit slow to get started and it seemed alittle hectic in the restaurant, the tasting was great! The staff was super friendly and the food was delicious! The day of the event, the cocktail hour was outside and it ended up being about 20 degrees cooler than we expected. Ryan worked with the venue and got the fireplace lit as a wedding gift to us! Super sweet and the guests appreciated it! For dinner, the set up was beautiful and the food delicious!