Back to Candela La Brea

Featured
We Crush Events

Married on 12/07/2018

Love this team!

We worked with Omar & Maria this year to produce one our favorite events yet - Youtube + Google’s Holiday Party: Fiesta Like There’s No Mañana! It was truly a pleasure working with this venue, each member of Candela’s team, and supporting a family owned business during our busy holiday season. We couldn’t have brought this epic production to life without them - each and every individual on their staff went above & beyond to ensure everything about the night was a success. They knocked it out of the park and truly care about what they do. Thank you so much Candela - we can’t wait to work with you again!

P
Peter Gabayan

Getting married on 06/05/2021

Great place for an event

I have visited the restaurant many times. Last night we held an event for Horace Mann 8th grade graduation party in the upstairs hall. Excellent place. Highly recommend

Kat
Kat Mirabal

Married on 06/22/2019

Gorgeous Event Space - High School Reunion

We worked with Omar and his team to host our 10 Year High School Reunion and it was the most amazing event! It's a popular event space, so be sure to secure it in advance (we were lucky enough to secure it with only 4 months lead time). We had about 160 attendees and the half room worked perfectly - there was more than enough space for people to eat, move around, dance, get drinks at the bar, and just stand around and talk without it feeling crowded. We opted for the taco buffet and it tasted great. Omar and team were so accommodating and worked with all of my crazy requests, as well as with all of the third party vendors we hired (photobooth, casino tables, etc).
It’s the perfect place to host your grad party or high school reunion or any other social event. 100% would definitely recommend. Thank you Omar & team!

H
Henry Aguilar

Married on 06/15/2019

Great Attentiveness at Good Price!

One of the best venues in the LA area! We were looking for a venue to host our wedding reception. After looking at a few venues we weren't convinced with the look or price. We finally stumbled upon Candela La Brea and we fell IN LOVE with the modern look and all the in house equipment they have (lighting, sound, some tables, couches, etc) Prior to the event day Omar was taking care of us. He was PHENOMENAL, he went above and beyond in order to make our event happen. Then Hector, on the day of event took GREAT care of us. Very attentive and willing to do anything in order for us to have a great time. Highly recommend this venue for ANY event. Thank you for the beautiful place!

N
Natalie Aguilar

Married on 06/15/2019

Great food!

We got married here on June 15th, the food was DELICIOUS! We had chicken and also had barbacoua. We were a bit nervous because we hadn't ate from the restaurant prior to the event. But man oh man! It was so good. Not to mention how attentive the staff was with everyone. Constantly walking to take plates and refill drinks. Just amazing team! Omar and Hector are suck sweethearts! Everything about this place is amazing! In house lighting, sound, furniture and much more!

L
Lindsey Ingram

Married on 04/03/2019

Great Hosts!

Omar and Hector made the venue look absolutely beautiful for our guests. I made a last minute request that the room be green and they made it happen. This was my first time planning an event, and Omar was so patient with me along the way. He answered all of my questions, and was always so patient. Our guests were transported by bus, and one of our busses had some issues along the way. Omar and Hector could tell that I was very stressed and they were very supportive and told me to let them know if they could help in any way. I would definitely plan another event with them!

J
James E

Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing Party Space!

We are so happy we chose Candela for our New Years Eve wedding. From the beginning, we we knew we wanted a fun party, and Candela’s space was perfect -- great stage for a band, awesome dance floor, amazing lighting, big bar. It all worked wonderfully... Our friends and family PARTIED. We went with the tacos from the Candela restaurant and people loved them. We’re so grateful to the staff at Candela for helping to make our wedding awesome!

J
Jorge

Married on 11/18/2018

ENCISO Wedding 11-18-2018

My husband I had our wedding at Candela La Brea on 11/18/18. Maria and Hector were amazing to work with. Maria went above and beyond to make sure that all of our crazy ridiculous needs were met. They made themselves available at all times and made the planning so seemless. We had a total of 45 guests and we couldn’t have pbeen happier to have picked this place as the whole staff was so attentive the day of the wedding. We decided to do a Sunday “brunch” and the price for the venue, drinks, and food was very reasonable. The food was amazing! Our family and friends could not stop raving about it 😋. The venue offers state of the art lighting, sound system, and accommodation for valet parking. Our vendors had no trouble finding and accessing the location. We were very pleased to have found this venue and are truly grateful to Maria, Hector and the Candela team for making this day very special.

A
Alyssa

Married on 08/18/2018

Above and beyond!

Look no further than Candela to host your wedding or next event! We hosted our wedding reception at Candela in August 2018 and could not be happier with this decision. Omar and his team were incredibly helpful and professional throughout the planning process and on the day of the event. Omar helped us coordinate every detail and was responsive to every question we had, ultimately ensuring that our vision was brought to life. Everything went smoothly on our wedding night and I was beyond thrilled. We hosted 150+ guests who are still raving about the gorgeous venue and amazing food & cocktails. We are so grateful for this special place and the wonderful hospitality provided by the Lopez family / Candela team.

B
Brenda

Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I just celebrated our wedding party at Candela and all I can say is we definitely picked the right venue! We rented out the smaller venue on the second floor since we only had 60 guests. It was the perfect size, not crowded but not empty. The aesthetic is modern, chic, rustic, and Spanish so even with minimal decorations the place looks beautiful. The service was also excellent. Omar was extremely helpful and had prompt responses for any questions I emailed him. During the event both he and Hector were very attentive to any of our needs and our guests needs. You don’t find service like this everywhere, these guys are excellent!

Y
Yesenia

Married on 07/22/2018

This venue was excellent! I was stress free in getting everything i needed together. Omar was excellent and had great communication with me and follow theough. They worked well with my specific needs regarding food, and quantity of people. I highly recommend this location and i would book for a future event most definitely. I am a very happy bride.

W
Wendy

Married on 06/02/2018

Staff assisting on the day of the event we’re incredible kind and helpful.