Back to Canyon Oaks Country Club

26 Reviews for Canyon Oaks Country Club

Featured
Mackenzie

Married on 06/01/2018

Canyon Oaks was the most beautiful background for our wedding! The staff were all excellent in communication, professionalism, answering my questions along the planning process, and taking all our wedding visions and making them a reality come the wedding day! We were able to truly enjoy every moment of our special day thanks to the assistance of the team. They handled everything! We were able to have the wedding of our dreams within budget because of Canyon Oaks. Highly recommend!

Canyon Oaks Country Club's reply:

Thank you Mackenzie, We were honored to be apart of your special day!! Best Wishes, COCC Team

O
Olivia

Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful venue and amazing staff

Stephanie is fantastic to work with and is so great at her job. She made the whole planning experience very smooth and is so quick to respond to emails and easy to get ahold of. Stephanie goes above and beyond to make the day special and has such a nice calm way about her. The food, service, staff, grounds, set-up and more were absolutely perfect on our wedding day. I highly recommend canyon oaks!

Canyon Oaks Country Club's reply:

I absolutely loved bringing your vision to life!! One of my favorite memories was at rehearsal when one of the groomsmen was shocked to see an eggcorn fall from tree. haha

XOXOXO

C
Candice

Married on 09/01/2018

Stephanie and her team at Canyon Oaks er incredible. They made are special day perfect.

Canyon Oaks Country Club's reply:

Love the photo share Candice, brings back good memories! Hope all is well with the family,

Best,
Steph & COCC Team

Miranda

Married on 06/03/2018

Stephanie at canyon oaks was incredibly helpful and responsive. We had a very small wedding, just immediate family and she was able to see our vision and make it a reality. The day of our wedding Megan made sure we stayed on time and was there for any questions or concerns. I would definitely have another event at canyon oaks.

Canyon Oaks Country Club's reply:

We were so honored to be apart of your intimate day! XOXO

K
Kelsey

Married on 11/04/2017

We are very glad we went with Canyon Oaks Country Club for our venue! The food was delicious, they were very accommodating, made the process so smooth, and just overall wanted your big day to be perfect! I will definitely be recommending them to any of our engaged friends.

Marteen

Married on 09/16/2017

Stephanie was so amazing to work with! She made my wedding unforgettable and the process went so smoothly. They handled absolutely everything and made our special day stress free. I have been referring everyone I know to Canyon Oaks for their wedding venue. :)

D
Doug

Married on 03/11/2017

Stephanie and the staff at Canyon Oaks Country Club were amazing! Our day went off without a hitch due in great part to there professionalism and care. Thank you so much!

C
Carlee

Married on 02/10/2017

Working with the staff at Canyon Oaks for our special day was incredible! The day went by so smoothly and everything turned out just as we had imagined. If you are looking for the stress free and unbelievable experience and the wedding of your dreams.... Canyon Oaks is the place! We loved having our reception here!

D
Donna

Married on 01/01/2017

My Bride and I were so happy with Stephanie, she was helpful, accommodating, and wonderful to work with while planning our wedding. The day of our wedding was a blur for us, but Stephanie and the team at Canyon Oaks Country Club, were attentive, personable and helped make our wedding wonderful and what we had envisioned.

The Brunch buffet with the ham carving station and the mimosa bar was FABULOUS!

We were very satisfied with the service (Stephanie and the entire team), the venue, and the food. Canyon Oaks Country Club is an outstanding venue to hold an event.

A
Alicia

Married on 12/17/2016

I have been to a few weddings since our own now and I have to say that the professionalism, the coordination, the organization that went into our wedding because of Stephanie made our day the greatest. It has been one year and a half since our wedding and we still get compliments on it. It was gorgeous and there wasn’t any stress for us on our day. Stephanie took care of us!

Nicole

Married on 09/03/2016

The service was amazing. I didn't have to worry about anything the day of and my wedding went so smoothly everyone was on top of it.

Natalie

Married on 06/19/2016

I got married at Canyon Oaks June 2016. It was perfect. From the get go, Stephanie, the events coordinator, was always easy to get a hold of (via e-mail), and responded promptly. I would send her long e-mails with a ton of questions, and she went through each one, answering them to the best of her ability. My husband and I had been contemplating hiring a wedding planner, but after meeting Stephanie, we knew we wouldn't need one.
Not only is Stephanie great, but the entire staff is extremely helpful and kind. They went out of their way to make sure our day went the way we wanted it to, and to make sure that we were happy. They even let us finish the payment after our honeymoon, which was helpful.
The food was excellent, and at a pretty reasonable price! I am so glad we went with them as our caterer.
Thank you, Canyon Oaks. If I ever get married again (kidding! ), I know where to go ;)

Nicole

Married on 05/28/2016

Great venue and vendor for a wedding. The location is beautiful, right on the golf course, they have a great outdoor space under the trees or a nice ballroom room inside as well. It can get a little hot in the summer for an outdoor wedding, but the weather for a May wedding was perfect, 90 in the day but it cooled off nicely in the evening. The venue requires you use there catering service, but the food was great and they have a lot of different options to choose from; from entrees, to appetizers and late night snacks and even additional desserts options. Their wedding coordinator, Stephanie is amazing, she helped us get everything set up for the wedding as well as recommended and followed up with local vendors the day of the wedding.

FutureMrsHernandez
Kristina

Married on 12/31/2015

Canyon Oaks exceeded our expectations of a wedding venue! Stephanie was extremely helpful throughout the planning process, and especially the day of the wedding. I would highly recommend Canyon Oaks Country Club for anyone getting married, or just planning a gathering!

Xoxoxo

L
Laura

Married on 11/14/2015

We loved everything about our wedding! Stephanie was so helpful and accommodating throughout the whole process. There was not one thing that I wanted and didn't get for our big day!

Nayeli

Married on 09/26/2015

Canyon oaks was by far the best choice for a venue. Stephanie was so helpful, she did everything in her power to make sure everything was perfect. Which it was. Not to mention that their food is AMAZING!

User5140691

2+ years ago

My wedding went perfect! They were so flexible with the dates and the staff was amazing! The event coordinator did an amazing job to make sure my wedding went smoothly and it did! Whenever I would leave a message with her voicemail I would get a call right away and I didn't get that service anywhere else. Also the food was amazing! The chef there, listened to my ideas and made it work with my budget. The best thing is that the venue takes care of the set up and the break down, no extra cleaning necessary. I would highly recommend Canyon Oaks Country Club to anyone who wants a flawless event.

User3906415

2+ years ago

I couldn't have asked for a better experiance! Everything from the planning stages to my big day was so smooth & stress free. Canyon oaks staff was more than helpful & very accommodating! So so happy

L
Leah

Married on 05/04/2008

AWESOME! Perfect place for a wedding and reception they set up everything and take down. Wonderful people to work with , I would reccomend this for any wedding! I loved this place and all my guests did to!

G
Gillian

Married on 04/14/2018

Stephanie and her team were great! We couldn’t have asked for a better venue or a better group of people to make sure our special day went smoothly.

S
Sheri

Married on 09/26/2015

The Venue was beautiful, the staff enthusiastically responsive, the food delectable! I highly recommend Canyon Oaks to any bride/groom looking for a comfortable, friendly, professional and carefree place to hold the most important event to kick of the journey of life! I am actually the mother of the groom (control freak extraordinaire), and extremely satisfied with the experience. Thank you Stephanie & Staff!

P
Paige

Married on 10/19/2018

Great Experience

We had a wonderful wedding with 150 guests. Everything was very affordable! Stephanie was an amazing coordinator and she helped us find all our vendors

Canyon Oaks Country Club's reply:

You are so sweet Paige! It was so fun being part of your special day

B
Brian

Married on 11/05/2016

Canyon Oaks is a beautiful venue conveniently located in Chico whose deciding feature ahead of the wedding, at least for us, was full service. If you do not have a great deal of free time to manage food, drink, catering, and all the dining furniture, choosing Canyon Oaks eliminates those concerns.

If you schedule your wedding during fair weather you can have the ceremony in a picturesque glade in front of a gazebo. Receptions are in the main clubhouse hall adjoining the main bar; if you are serving alcohol there are a variety of ways for your guests to pick up a drink. There is also a modestly sized dance floor near one end of the room. The kitchen is excellent. Our guests gave complements on the steak, chicken, and vegetarian options we had on the menu.

One thing to consider is that Canyon Oaks is (natch) a working golf club. So you will very likely be preparing for your wedding and perhaps even starting the event while club members and other patrons unconnected to your wedding are on the greens and in the clubhouse. As our ceremony finished in the late afternoon, most golfers were losing the light and finishing their last few holes, and there were only a few non-guests left in the bar. All were gone once the reception started. But, if you are looking for a place where only friends, family, and staff are present you may need to consider another location.

Facilities aside, the best thing about Canyon Oaks is the staff. From the event/wedding representative to the restaurant captain to the bartender andservers, everybody is very friendly, responsive, and professional. Guests struck up conversation with the staff and vice versa; we really felt very much welcome that evening.

User4602631

2+ years ago

Canyon Oaks was AMAZING! From the very beginning Stephanie let us know that she would take care of everything the day of and she truly did. It was so nice being able to just talk to Stephanie and tell her our vision of how we wanted the day to go and what we wanted everything to look like and she made it happen. We also provided a list of our vendors to Stephanie and we never had to worry about whether a vendor showed up on time because Stephanie was on top of that too! There was even some decoration details that we left up to her and they turned out better than we could imagine! The day ran very smoothly and our guests ranted and raved about the food and how good of a time they had. The chef came out towards the end of dinner and you could tell just how much pride he takes in preparing an excellent meal. The week of the wedding we started to bring decorations, wine, etc. And Stephanie was awesome at just letting us bring things little by little and storing them in her office. We left the day after the wedding for our honeymoon and Stephanie was great about letting us store everything there until we could arrange for it to be picked up. We would definitely recommend Canyon Oaks to anyone!

A
Amanda

Married on 05/30/2010

Everyone here was super helpful. The setting was beautiful and everything went perfectly! They do all set up and clean up, so on my wedding day I didn't have to do anything but show up. I would highly recommend them!